Big 10 basketball 2022, Part II | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big 10 basketball 2022, Part II

Reaction Score

Just saw this posted by Raoul. Nebraska is down one of their starters from last season.

Reaction Score
Big Ten Media Day. First off, I heard some coaches were upset because the media day was in Minneapolis. My take, I like the fact that the Big Ten Basketball Media Day was in Minnesota. I think that each year or every other year, each program should host the media day. Share the wealth. Indiana and Illinois are great states but there are other places to check out. I can't wait for Iowa or Nebraska to host the Big Ten Basketball Media one day. I am looking forward to Minneapolis hosting the Women's Big Ten Tournament. Anyway a few quick highlights of the media day one. I will add Day Two later.

Day One:
Maryland- Looking forward to seeing how the pieces that has been added blend together. Plus, we always hear folks talk about teams playing "positionless" basketball. Maryland is actually going to be that team this year.

Indiana- Coach Moren returning some quality players and picking up some really solid players.

Purdue- They had a new coach but towards the end of the season, they were playing together and looking forward to continuing to show improvement from last season.

Iowa- Like Indiana, Iowa is the considered the favorite to win the Big Ten. Everyone back and looking forward to claiming the Big Ten. Caitlin Clark is a game changer and one exciting player to watch.

Rutgers- Coach Washington is going to push the pace and have the Rutgers move away from the low scoring tradition of Rutgers WBB to a high scoring team. We will see how this plays out.

Illinois- Coach Shauna Green hopes to revive the Illinois WBB program. Focus will be on defense and pushing the pace. Coach Green had great success at Dayton, looking forward to seeing her turnaround Illinois program. One of the hot recruiting spots in the nation.

Northwestern- Still a little bitter about being left out of post season tournaments last year but looking to play with a chip on their shoulder this season. They have the pieces, but I can see them being in the middle of the pack of the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Big Ten Media Day Two

Wisconsin: Coach Moseley, year two, talked about recruiting and the returning players, team playing in the Virgin Islands during Thanksgiving Break, and about how the program looks to improve in year two under her leadership.

Nebraska: Coach Williams looks to continue the growth of Nebraska WBB program and have that program among the best of the Big Ten. The loss of Sam Haiby hurts but with other players coming back like Jaz Shelley and Alexis Markowski, Nebraska looks to make noise in the Big Ten.

Ohio State: Coach McGuff looks to keep the Ohio State WBB program among the top teams in the Big Ten. They have a pretty decent and underrated backcourt of Taylor Miksell and Jacy Sheldon. Their defense creates offense, and they are looking to keep pushing the tempo.

Minnesota: Coach Whalen is looking forward to the incoming squad. They seem excited about practicing and looking forward to hitting the gym. Coach Whalen mentioned the chemistry of the team and so far, everyone is on the same page.

Michigan: Coach Barnes Arico is looking forward to the season and excited about the current roster. Naturally having Leigha Brown and Emily Kiser back are going to be huge because of leadership. The key is going to be how the rest of the team develops. Maddie Nolan had a great offseason. Laila Phelia had a very impressive offseason and is looking to expand her role on the team. Michigan got some pieces.

Michigan State: Coach Merchant and MSU dealt with a lot of injuries last year. They had players playing out of position and shorthanded. Now with most of the players coming back and having that experience plus some solid transfer players, the Spartans look to make some noise in the Big Ten.

Penn State: Coach Kieger looks to have Penn State being competitive and have players like MaKenna Marisa and Leilani Kapinus get that big stage attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom