Better question, Outside of ND, who can win the ACC? | The Boneyard

Better question, Outside of ND, who can win the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like UNC in an upset over ND on Sunday........4 great WCBB Championship games on ESPN.......The Big game on Monday night.........UCONN!!!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only team capable of beating them is Maryland. Duke has no chance.. No way the tarheels win 4 games in 4 days. They would have to beat Wake on thursday night, Maryland on Friday night, either Duke or GaTech on Saturday night, just to make it to Sunday's final. I think there is a better chance for them to lose to Wake forest tomorrow night than it is to beat ND on Sunday.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We will see how all those teams far playing day in and day out They will be tired. If ND does lose that will throw out all the UConn comparisons.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Hard to come up with a great choice. MD has won 8 of the last 9, but except for the one loss to Duke in there the competition hasn't been the toughest. Best road win in the last 9 were over Syracuse and GTech and they finished 4 behind ND on the road, so that may be something to go on.

Too many injuries for some of the other teams, and Duke and NC State faded at the end. UNC? I guess maybe if they get by NC State in their second game they might have enough left in the tank vs. ND because they are freshmen after all.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hard to come up with a great choice. MD has won 8 of the last 9, but except for the one loss to Duke in there the competition hasn't been the toughest. Best road win in the last 9 were over Syracuse and GTech and they finished 4 behind ND on the road, so that may be something to go on.

Too many injuries for some of the other teams, and Duke and NC State faded at the end. UNC? I guess maybe if they get by NC State in their second game they might have enough left in the tank vs. ND because they are freshmen after all.

the tarheels are in the lower half of the bracket. ND would have to beat the NCState/Cuse winner in the semifinals.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
the tarheels are in the lower half of the bracket. ND would have to beat the NCState/Cuse winner in the semifinals.
Ouch, so Syracuse got the 5 seed over UNC? Then right, having three games without something going wrong for the Heels before getting to ND is probably too much of a stretch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ouch, so Syracuse got the 5 seed over UNC? Then right, having three games without something going wrong for the Heels before getting to ND is probably too much of a stretch.

Its gonna be an interesting dynamic for Friday's nightcap. . I wonder who the non UNC/UMD fans will root for. Do you root for the cheaters... or root for the outcasts? Im not sure a Duke fan can stomach rooting for the tar heels.. in any situation. Im personally conflicted :oops: Hopefully Duke will win the early game, and the fans will stick around for the second matchup.

Reaction Score
UNC is a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde team and if they are "on their game" they are trouble for anybody in the country including ND and even UConn. The problem is they are not "on their game" very often and when that happens they are capable of losing to anybody in the country.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
UNC is a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde team and if they are "on their game" they are trouble for anybody in the country including ND and even UConn. The problem is they are not "on their game" very often and when that happens they are capable of losing to anybody in the country.
I think the problem with UNC is that they cannot stop Notre Dame's offense, which means they cannot stop UConn's offense either. Muffet designed a defensive scheme to thwart Diamond and it worked last game, hence the blowout. I'm sure that Geno would do the same. Thus I really don't think that UNC can beat either top 2 team even when the Tarheels are "on." The Tarheels are lucky that they never had to face a Duke team with a healthy Chelsea Gray. In fact, no team faced a healthy Gray this season. (Notre Dame never even faced compromised version of Gray.)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If one of the better teams plays great defense they have a chance. Its going to come down to defense and most ACC teams play great defense.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Only ND is capable of beating ND in the ACC. If they hold to form they win the championship of the Big East South.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Duke has too many key injuries. I think NC State lacks the talent. Maryland is too much of a 1-player team. UNC is too young and undisciplined, but I think they have the best chance. I expect ND to arrive in Nashville undefeated.

Reaction Score
I'll have to check the ACC bracket again, but if had to guess I would say Florida State has the best shot to upset Notre Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom