BET scenarios | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BET scenarios

Reaction Score
why do you want 3 if you dont care who we play? the only thing that guarantees is Nova on our side of the bracket.

i also want scenario 1: we beat depaul and play marquette in the 4/5, who we've swept, and then we get our rematch against PC in the semis. hopefully nova gets upset on their side of the bracket.
Because finishing 3rd sounds better than 4th, and means we play someone coming off a game the day before as opposed to 2 rested teams in the 4/5 game. I don't want to avoid good teams, we need more good wins to lock down a 4 seed in the NCAA's which is all that really matters

Reaction Score
Because finishing 3rd sounds better than 4th, and means we play someone coming off a game the day before as opposed to 2 rested teams in the 4/5 game. I don't want to avoid good teams, we need more good wins to lock down a 4 seed in the NCAA's which is all that really matters
if we win the BET by beating marquette, PC, and nova/hall/creighton i'm confident we'd get a 4 seed. beating hall instead of marquette in the second round shouldnt be the difference in getting a 4 or 5 seed but an L in the second round could be the difference between getting a 5 or 6 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BET always ends up with some crazy games. However- IMO-- I would be shocked if we don't have to go through PC(semis) and Nova(finals) to win the trophy.. Which we'll do..

Neutral court for them-Home game for us

Reaction Score
I'd almost rather play Nova in the championship and lose than beat Seton Hall in the championship. Almost.

On the other hand, I'd much rather play and beat Creighton in the final than lose to Nova.
We could be facing CCSU in the championship and I would be just as ecstatic if we beat Duke in the Championship.

MJ1

Reaction Score
I am rooting for Seton Hall, I have tickets for the Thursday night session and UConn needs the 3 seed for second game on Thursday or I wind up getting Creighton vs the 6 seed. Ouch!

Reaction Score
Top 30 Big Ern GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Reaction Score
Based on those probabilities here are the scenarios for UConn

Opponent
SeedSeton HallMarquette
327.6%17.1%44.7%
43.6%51.7%55.3%
31.2%68.8%
i'm not a numbers guy. can you explain to me why your chart says we'll most likely (51.7%) be the 4 against marquette when the twitter chart says the most likely result (19.1%) is that well be the 3 versus hall?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
St Johns is also not a team I’d want to play. Could be a tough game for nova.

Tbh butler and gtown are bad. Anyone else can be very tough on the right night.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
St Johns is also not a team I’d want to play. Could be a tough game for nova.

Tbh butler and gtown are bad. Anyone else can be very tough on the right night.
Can totally see at johns having a run like Georgetown last year but losing to the good guys in the finals.

Reaction Score
i'm not a numbers guy. can you explain to me why your chart says we'll most likely (51.7%) be the 4 against marquette when the twitter chart says the most likely result (19.1%) is that well be the 3 versus hall?
UConn/Seton Hall as the 3/6 is the most likely individual scenario just based on the favorites winning each game. But since UConn needs help to move up to the 3 line (Creighton losing) and Seton Hall needs help to move off the 6 line even if they beat Creighton (need Marquette to lose) there's just more scenarios that cumulatively add up to UConn being a 4 seed and Seton Hall a 6

No idea if that makes sense, typed it out about 5 different ways and feel like none explained it well

Reaction Score
19.1% is the probability of that exact scenario, which happens to have UConn as the 3 against Seton Hall. But there are other scenarios that have UConn as the three against Seton Hall, which is why @navery12's chart shows a probability higher than 19.1 for that outcome. Similarly, if you add up the probabilities of the scenarios that have UConn as the 4 against Marquette, you get 51.7%.

(@navery12, this is my attempt at answering the question since you weren't sure if your answer would be understood.)

Reaction Score
No matter what the road will be tough on and after Thursday. I want the 3 seed. That means we play the latest times on both Thursday and Friday. A crowd full of UConn fans, late night after hours at a bar….it will be a raucous crowd full of UConn fans. Seems more BE tourney like rather than a 2:30 mid afternoon Thursday games where people will be rushing to get in. Then we play 6:30 on Friday, still not the latest game.

Let’s go Hall on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I feel like it's never good to "wish" for certain opponents, but path to the championship going through Marquette + PC would look like an easier road than Hall + Nova.

Either way, it's now March and we just need to focus on winning one game at a time. Let the chips fall where they may.

This should be a fantastic BET!
PC is def not the easier road for Uconn what are you smoking??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm glad we are not playing Creighton
I kind of want to. If we don’t start out incredibly cold we win that game comfortably. If just one of those open threes goes in we win a squeaker. I feel like we can beat those guys and it kind of bugs me that we haven’t yet.

Reaction Score
I don’t care who plays who when it comes down to it, especially this season every team has a chance in the BET and better be ready to go hard cuz every game is going to be a dog fight!! It will also come down to coaching and I’m not convinced Hurley has it in him!!

Reaction Score
I don’t care who plays who when it comes down to it, especially this season every team has a chance in the BET and better be ready to go hard cuz every game is going to be a dog fight!! It will also come down to coaching and I’m not convinced Hurley has it in him!!
Well he's a much better coach than your coach, but OK.

Reaction Score
1. Win on senior day and take the draw you’re given.
2. I get no reward in third versus tied for third versus fourth in the regular season. I care about wins and losses, but if that lands me fourth place versus third place I can’t believe that’s meaningful to anyone.
3. I would much rather have a draw of Marquette and then Providence, no disrespect to either, than Seton Hall and then ‘Nova. Getting to a Big East final is absolutely a big deal for player and fans, especially given how many years it’s been since we’ve played for a conference title.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom