OT: - Best value propane grill | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best value propane grill

Reaction Score
Weber Genesis is dominating the recommendations! I am used to using a four burner for my family of four, does the three burner ever feel to small?

Reaction Score
I'm yet another happy Weber Genesis customer. Grills are something you should pay up for, you'll save money long-term.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Weber Genesis is dominating the recommendations! I am used to using a four burner for my family of four, does the three burner ever feel to small?
If you count the sear station on the Genesis there are four burners.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Mine is 3, and no. Doesn't seem small.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Weber is the best, but Char-Broil is the better value. Not as prestigious a brand, but work great and are a lot less expensive.
I('ve) own(ed) both brands.

Sometimes Cheaper means cheaper. Not necessarily better value.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I have the Spirit e-330. Not sure if they are still in production. It cost about $650 4 years ago.

3 burner but has a “sear station” and a side burner which I’ve never used but it is just kind of a flex.

For my wife, toddler and I it’s not problem. When we have parents or friends over it does get a little cramped.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Do you grill all year 'round or in the winter do you cook in your hearth?

All year round. Only real issue is ice removal, if needed, but that's not specific to charcoal.

It's not like a propane fire is space age, so pipe down.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All year round. Only real issue is ice removal, if needed, but that's not specific to charcoal.

It's not like a propane fire is space age, so pipe down.

I didn't understand the question really. Charcoal's main advantage is winter. Propane sucks in cold temps.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I didn't understand the question really. Charcoal's main advantage is winter. Propane sucks in cold temps.

I think the "hearth" line is that he's trying to convey is that charcoal is for cavemen. Whatever. I'll club you in the throat in stead of punch.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think the "hearth" line is that he's trying to convey is that charcoal is for cavemen. Whatever. I'll club you in the throat in stead of punch.
Cavemen didn't have hearths. But they did have all the time in the world to build fires and wait for the heat to get to cooking temps, so if you've got the time, go for it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Propane is fine in cold temperatures. Wind is tough on it though.

Reaction Score
I had a Napolean for several years. Cooked really well. Had the infra-red cooking section. When we retired to Florida I gave it to one of our sons. Its still running after 17 years. Be aware, a large section of the bottom rotted out and had to be replaced. The screen over the infra-red cooker disintegrated over time and had to be replaced.

We now have a Weber Genisis. Going on 4 years and love it. Being in Florida, it gets used at least 4 times a week. Excellent cooker. The grill will hold at 350 degrees for cooking the likes of chicken and turkey breasts. Cast iron grates. It grills better than the Napolean.

As to grill covers, I purchased a cheap Char Broil for the Weber. It made it about 4.5 years. I just replaced it with a King Kong cover.

Which ever one you choose, happy grilling!!

I've chosen the Napoleon Prestige for my grill for the summer. Has a lifetime warranty, made in the USA.

What got me was the infrared searing station outside of the main grilling area as well as the rotisserie and charcoal/wood chip smoker trays.

We'll see how it goes!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've chosen the Napoleon Prestige for my grill for the summer. Has a lifetime warranty, made in the USA.

What got me was the infrared searing station outside of the main grilling area as well as the rotisserie and charcoal/wood chip smoker trays.

We'll see how it goes!

good luck, that's a lot of grill

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom