Best UConn Game You've Been To... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best UConn Game You've Been To...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1996 BET final, 1999 national title game, 1988 NIT semifinal.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Favorite...Ill go with an nmentioned one.
-UConn win @ Pitt in 2006 was an awesome experience.

Other greats:
-The 2012 game at Gampel against Syracuse was a phenomenal atmosphere.
-2010 Texas, for previously stated reasons. What the hell is that Kemba Walker kid doing shooting a three?
-The 2006 Elite 8 was a great game. I STILL HATE IT.
-2006 win at the Carrier Dome. The score is misleading, UConn blew the doors off the Orange that night.
-2005 win over Syracuse at the Civic Center. I think GMac just missed another shot.
-2004 OU dismembering.
-2003 UMass game. 33-9.

Most "wish I was at":
-The shot or the 1996 BET Final

Reaction Score
Probably the Villanova game at Gampel in 2006. I think it was #2 UConn vs #4 Villanova if I remember correctly. That was the loudest I've ever heard Gampel (I missed the Texas game, so I can't speak to that).

Reaction Score
1.) 6 OT game. Missed the train home and spent the night wandering NYC in a haze of celebration.
2.) 2011 Big East Tournament (all 5 games). Took a train everyday and scalped tickets 4 times. Spent too much money but what an amazing week.
3.) 2010 Texas game at Gampel. Best atmosphere at a college basketball game that I can remember.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
2010 UConn beat WVU in football at the Rent, on Teggert's kick in OT. That was really loud and the fans rushing the field was cool. I sat in the middle of the WVU fan section (last minute ticket buy from some guy), and I wore my Kemba Walker jersey.

I told everyone Walker would be an All-American and win us a title before he leaves. The WVU fans said, "Who is Kimbe Walker? He's no Truck Bryant." I laughed and they proceeded to throw beer on my seat and tore my program apart. Gotta love appalachia.

Reaction Score
Didn't go to my first UConn home game until 2011, but in the three years since I've been to some pretty memorable games. If I had to rank the best games I've been too (not necessarily happiest result), I'd rank them as follow:

1. 2012 Syracuse - Arch rival, 9:00 on a Saturday night, #2 team in the country, ESPN gameday...I don't think you could have stacked the deck in favor of an atmosphere of a lifetime any more...and it delivered. The comeback, and accompanying response from the crowd in the second half of the that game is something I won't forget despite the loss. We willed the team back into that game - one of the fondest memories of the 2012 season, because it was one of the first times they played with a purpose, even in defeat. The Providence game three nights later was the exact opposite.

2. 2013, G'Town - It was actually a pretty tty game until late in the second half when UConn mounted the furious comeback. The Markell Starks missed free throw and Omar Calhoun three was one of the most exhilerating sequences I've experienced as a UConn fan, and I don't think I've heard Gampel louder than it was when he tied that game. The fact that we basically had the game salted away in double overtime makes it the most heart-breaking game I've been to, but nonetheless it was a classic.

3. 2011, Louisville - Another double overtime game, and one UConn completely gave away after having a four point lead with less than a minute left. This was the first time we realized, "holy *, Peyton Siva really loves playing UConn". It was dis-heartening, but regardless, a classic.

4. 2011, Kentucky (Houston) - Probably the most satisfying win I've experienced as a UConn fan, even moreso than the two Duke final four wins. To watch kids like Lamb, Smith, and Napier, undeniably our backup options on the recruiting trail that year, outplay Knight and D. Lamb, two more heralded recruits who spurned us on national television, was priceless.

5. 2013, Syracuse - This goes without saying, the best game at the XL I've been to. The Boatright alley-oop in the second half was as loud as I've heard the XL.

6. 2011, Butler - Terrible game all around, but an immensely satisfying result.

Reaction Score
I think it was 1990, G'town and Cuse back to back games at HCC. Both teams in the top 5 and both teams sent home losers. Might be the loudest I've ever heard the civic center.
I agree, my Junior year and the HCC was absolutely rocking. It was really our defining moment where we showed that we arrived on the National scene. Who was it, Mourning that was making kissing gestures to Henefeld?

Reaction Score
Loved the 1990 Cuse game. Most exciting game I've been to. It was euphoric.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Probably not a crowd favorite on here, but the best I have been to was in South Florida when Austrie won it at the buzzer. I nearly fell down the stairs as I had an aisle seat and was going nuts.

I was also in Tampa for the Teggart game winner that put us in the BCS. Not basketball, but probably my best UConn moment live and in person.

I was at that Austrie game as well. I was going to name that one as my dark horse runner up. Still cant believe when Adrien stepped on the baseline there.

With the UConn Duke Semifinal in San Antonio the best game I have ever been at.

Reaction Score
Those were the defining games.
watched those from a skybox will six UConn fans from the Valley and our host Nova fan
he was very quiet.
the defensively intensity we came out hasn't been duplicated

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
that whole 99 final four weekend was the most craziest thing i ve ever been apart of. being in Gampel during the chip, being in the jungle court yard after we beat ohio st. ....some of the craziest things ive ever seen in my life..true story

Reaction Score
It was a women's game - the 2001 Big East Championship. Shea Ralph blew out her ACL early in the game, giving it a really negative feel. Then Sue Bird drove the length of the court to sink the winning shot against Notre Dame right at the buzzer, as Gampel literally exploded. Amazing, electric ending. And we were right at the end of the court where she scored.

(The men's first championship against Duke was, without question, the best game I ever watched - at home. The sensation from feeling hopeful at the start, to becoming more and more confident that, damn, they can really win this, to the last seconds ticking down, was one of the best sports moments ever.)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
1999 Regional Final against Gonzaga in PHX. I will never forget sitting in the arena crying tears of joy and chanting "final four, final four, final four" as we finally kicked down the door.

2011 NCAA championship game against Butler. My second Final Four but the first time we made it to the championship game. Detroit sucked balls

2005 Maui Invitational Final. Denham's bank shot with 1 second left was awesome

2011 Maui Invitation Final. Kentucky fans around us were absolute dickbags. It was great to run them out of the gym.

All other games in Maui because..........well, they were in Maui.

Reaction Score
2011 Big East Championship vs Louisville. Thought I was going to have a heart attack in the last 2 mins of that game. I wanted them to win that game so bad and I had no voice until Sunday night because i was yelling so loud. Obviously the rest is history.

I also have to point out the Texas game in 2010. Loudest game/event in general ive ever been to. You could tell 20-30 mins before the game even started that the crowd was electric and it stayed that way until the final buzzer.

Reaction Score
It was a women's game - the 2001 Big East Championship. Shea Ralph blew out her ACL early in the game, giving it a really negative feel. Then Sue Bird drove the length of the court to sink the winning shot against Notre Dame right at the buzzer, as Gampel literally exploded. Amazing, electric ending. And we were right at the end of the court where she scored.

(The men's first championship against Duke was, without question, the best game I ever watched - at home. The sensation from feeling hopeful at the start, to becoming more and more confident that, damn, they can really win this, to the last seconds ticking down, was one of the best sports moments ever.)

Really, the best you can come up with is a women's game? Cheddie Cheddie Cheddie.............:eek:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Few will admit because UConn lost but it was the Maryland game at the Carrier Dome.

Reaction Score
I don't get to many games but the most fun I had at a game was the night in the Garden against St. John's when Donyell had something like 40 pts and 20 rbs. I believe he was 20-20 from he free throw line. UCONN fans dominated the stadium.

Reaction Score
Football: @ND, @USF in 2010 and bowl game vs South Carolina.

Basketball: comebacks vs BC and UMass in 2002 (different seasons), BET Championship vs Pitt also in 2002, UNC in 2005 (loudest I ever heard HCC or Gampel). Beating UK in in the 2011 Semis in a stadium full of their fans was very satisfying.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Beating UK in in the 2011 Semis in a stadium full of their fans was very satisfying.

That was nothing. You should have seen the ky fans in Maui or Michigan St. fans in Detoit. KY fans in Houston were tame compared to those.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
That was nothing. You should have seen the ky fans in Maui or Michigan St. fans in Detoit. KY fans in Houston were tame compared to those.

Thread title is "Best UConn Game You've Been to.."

PRHusky shares his favorite and you try and you throw shade on him with "that was nothing", "you should have seen"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom