Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
great day, I concur

2013 is going to be much much much better than 2012, it has to be

Reaction Score
If your position is that you don't like women's basketball due to the lack of parity, in the absence of yesterday's score, then of course I think that's a legit reason. My main argument was with the other poster who was trying to use yesterday's score as an excuse for why nobody should like women's basketball. You are absolutely right that there are only a handful of teams every year that have a legitimate chance at winning it all, and UConn is certainly one of them.

But I do want to get back to the original spirit of this thread, because yesterday UConn walked into the home of one of those handful of legit teams, a place where the home team had won 85 straight times, and we cleaned their clocks....:cool:

I am not going to continue this argument with you, we obviously having differing opinions on how good women's college basketball is, I think it stinks, you think it is great.

I never said Saturday's scores is why people should not like women's ball, I said it is why people do not like it and why it should be regulated to ESPNU. I do not care if you or anyone for that matter, likes it. The ratings do not lie, people do not watch it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I am not going to continue this argument with you, we obviously having differing opinions on how good women's college basketball is, I think it stinks, you think it is great.

I never said Saturday's scores is why people should not like women's ball, I said it is why people do not like it and why it should be regulated to ESPNU. I do not care if you or anyone for that matter, likes it. The ratings do not lie, people do not watch it.

All the UConn women do is clean clocks, my friend. We just cleaned Stanford's clocks, and today we are going to clean Oregon's clocks, and very soon, I hope we clean Baylor's clocks. UConn is back, baby! Clock cleaners... :cool:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wouldn't trade what UConn has done in the last 25 years for what RU, BC and SU have in terms of Conference realignment security.

That's an interesting point. Is it better to be a has-been than a never was? Is it better to have memories of the past or hope for the future? I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I'd prefer hope over memories, it keeps you going.

Reaction Score
At one point, the highest rated basketball games in ESPN history were UConn women's postseason games vs Tennessee (and one vs Oklahoma) during the Bird-Taurasi era. Higher than any of their NBA or men's college games. Granted the stakes were higher since they were tournament games, but still, that blows the doors off the nobody cares arguments.

Reaction Score
At one point, the highest rated basketball games in ESPN history were UConn women's postseason games vs Tennessee (and one vs Oklahoma) during the Bird-Taurasi era. Higher than any of their NBA or men's college games. Granted the stakes were higher since they were tournament games, but still, that blows the doors off the nobody cares arguments.

Congrats on finding 1 women's game people watched. Last year 1.84 million watched the championship game and that had a 39-0 team.

That's equal to how many people watched the army smu armed forces bowl game, which was on a Thursday at noon.

Keep trying to blow the doors off that argument. Maybe try using some recent relevant facts if you can find any.

Reaction Score

Something is seriously wrong with that and I will need evidence of this........not enough people care for that to happen EVER........between Duke, UNC and so many huge BE games there's just no way..........maybe it was CT or some ratio of women vs men but not ever the highest rated/viewed game!!....show me Gurley

Reaction Score
Something is seriously wrong with that and I will need evidence of this........not enough people care for that to happen EVER........between Duke, UNC and so many huge BE games there's just no way..........maybe it was CT or some ratio of women vs men but not ever the highest rated/viewed game!!....show me Gurley

I agree that isn't true. How about a link or any proof whatsoever.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anytime free doesn't stop by makes it a great day.

Somehow, though, this thread turned into a pissing match. The BY never ceases to amaze.
I'm surprised you were amazed by this!:) I know your statement was mock surprise.

We are the prototypical rabid fans - argumentative plus convinced if we were playing, coaching or running the university things would be a lot better. Fantasy does intrude into reality frequently. It happens even when we see and know the people we are with. But it reaches critical mass when we can boldly assert our ideas behind a mask of anonymity. This is like mardi gras where, instead of necklaces, arguing and dissing are the things being tossed out.

I heard a rumor that the reason for the Tulane invite was Aresco has been reading The Boneyard. Not for its ideas but for its atmosphere.

Reaction Score

I will take your lack of response to mean you fabricated that stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc