• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

Best TV dad

In honor of Father’s Day thought it would be a good idea.

My choice: Bryan Cranston’s Hal on Malcolm in the Middle.

Rocktheworld

Posting on the Boneyard is Fun Again
Father, or can father figure count?

Do we mean “best” as in “most awesome”, or is it actual best dad like life lessons and stuff

Because I really want to say Randy Marsh and Grandpa from Hey Arnold

Father, or can father figure count?

Do we mean “best” as in “most awesome”, or is it actual best dad like life lessons and stuff

Because I really want to say Randy Marsh and Grandpa from Hey Arnold
How ever you want to approach it is fine. My wife said Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince.

Ward Cleaver.

Best goofball-Ozzie Nelson
Agree on Hugh Beaumont he's my number one with Robert Young a close second, also would add Fred MacMurray, Noah Beery Jr, Andy Griffith, and Lorne Greene. As a goofball dad, has to be Archie Bunker. As a father figure, Harry Carey Jr, on the old Disney "Spin and Marty" series.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
My favorites, as in dads I thought would have been good dads, were Steven Douglas (Fred MacMurray) of "My Three Sons" and Howard Cunningham (Tom Bosley) of "Happy Days."
Yes, probably, from the kid point of view. And they weren't losers like the dad in Full House. Need to add Andy Griffiths. In more modern times I'd list Tim Allen from Home Improvement.

But I'll confess on reading OP's post my mind immediately went to "Al Bundy".