Best streaming service for sports? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best streaming service for sports?

Reaction Score
There have been reports that with Youtubetv, ESPN3 is not working anymore. I haven't tried for myself, but people are reporting it.
Other than youtube tv which of those others gets all the local channels live?

Reaction Score
Yeah, but it works better with the higher priced Hulu because there aren't commercials. With the lower tier you can't fast forward through commercials. Because everything on Hulu has already aired thats why you are able to do all of that. Hulu Live is Live TV and fast forwarding live TV doesn't work.
It is live TV I am most interested in. We like to be able to pause, grab dinner or whatever come back to resume watching and, ideally, fast forward through the commercials until we get back to the live TV point.

Reaction Score
Nope, the Disney+ deal was only for the Disney+ piece. It was for 3 years. I did it because I have 2 young girls. But it doesn't include anything else I don't believe.
Yeah I think you are right. According to what I'm reading, the entire bundle (Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+) will be $12.99 a month. If you already have Disney+, we may have to call and ask for the bundle with the discounts :). Anyhow, we'll see come November.

Reaction Score
It is live TV I am most interested in. We like to be able to pause, grab dinner or whatever come back to resume watching and, ideally, fast forward through the commercials until we get back to the live TV point.

Yes, then that would work. I thought you wanted to fast forward through actual Live TV instead of pausing it. But why don't you just record the show and then replay it when you get back home.

Reaction Score
Yes, then that would work. I thought you wanted to fast forward through actual Live TV instead of pausing it. But why don't you just record the show and then replay it when you get back home.
We do that too. Just, sometimes, you need to grab a snack or poop and you don't want to miss anything from a live broadcast. Then ideally, you also use FF to skip the commercials as you work your way back to current time.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think you are right. According to what I'm reading, the entire bundle (Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+) will be $12.99 a month. If you already have Disney+, we may have to call and ask for the bundle with the discounts :). Anyhow, we'll see come November.

That would be an ok deal, but that price is through Hulu and it only allows you to have 2 streams playing concurrently and Disney+ only allows for 1 stream, I think. Thats through Hulu, but the deal that they had for $140 for 3 years with just Disney+ allows at least 4 streams at once.

Reaction Score
For me, it looks like Hulu and YouTube are the best options. My challenge will be convincing my wife to give up Comedy Central and, to a lesser extent, DIY.

Reaction Score
I like sling for ability to downgrade to lower costs when I don't need both Orange and Blue. Though I'm having issues with buffering. PSVue I never had issues but the keep raising their prices and there was some buffering. I found Fubo TV the best quality that I used. I only had it for a week so I could watch a Liverpool game until I bought an Atenna to see it on NBC. Too bad Fubo TV doesn't have ESPN in the their price or I would choose it as it is the best service in my opinion but it is too expensive.
Which is better for streaming UConn games if I live in California? YouTubeTV or Sling?

Reaction Score
Which is better for streaming UConn games if I live in California? YouTubeTV or Sling?
You will want Youtube TV $50 as Sling TV ($55 with DVR, Blue and Orange and extra sports pack for Orange) doesn't care CBSSN even on their additional sports packages. Youtube TV should carry everything else but there has been reports that you can't access ESPN3 through the ESPNWatch app through your Youtube TV login. I personally will go with either Hulu TV $45 and has everything I need except AMC or PSVUE $55 and has everything. It really won't matter where you are located as all the games are either on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, CBS, CBSSN and ESPN3. CBS broadcast is dependent on your region and really is a roll of the dice if you will get it living in Cali. I know living in Georgia we normally get it unless there is an competing SEC game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You will want Youtube TV $50 as Sling TV ($55 with DVR, Blue and Orange and extra sports pack for Orange) doesn't care CBSSN even on their additional sports packages. Youtube TV should carry everything else but there has been reports that you can't access ESPN3 through the ESPNWatch app through your Youtube TV login. I personally will go with either Hulu TV $45 and has everything I need except AMC or PSVUE $55 and has everything. It really won't matter where you are located as all the games are either on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, CBS, CBSSN and ESPN3. CBS broadcast is dependent on your region and really is a roll of the dice if you will get it living in Cali. I know living in Georgia we normally get it unless there is an competing SEC game.

Watched ESPN3 via ESPN app on my Roku streaming stick this weekend. It is linked to my YouTube TV account.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wait so why is ESPN trying to move everything to ESPN3 when these cord cutting TV services have those chann- oh wait ITS ALL OF THE MONEY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom