Best streaming service for sports? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best streaming service for sports?

Reaction Score
Same here. Used my YouTube TV log on credentials as well to authenticate.
Thanks guys, didn't know you could log in to the ESPN app using a streaming services login info, even if they don't have ESPN 3.

Reaction Score
I know this is a little off topic in a thread about streaming, but on Xfinity/Comcast cable you can bring up ESPN3 by just saying it into your voice activated remote.

Reaction Score
Hulu Live doesn’t offer ESPN3 but you can log in to the espn app using your HULU Live username and password. That’s how I watched the game Thursday.

This is how I do it. Access to SNY, NESN, YES, etc depends on the zip. In west Hartford I have yes and sny. I miss the occasional UConn hockey on NesN (rumors in the works of a NesN hockey east deal though). As my mytv9 starts to broadcast more UConn and Hartford athletic, will have to get an hd arena for those.

Reaction Score
I watched on the app using my Xfinity credentials via TV. Same on my phone. One thing I continue to find obnoxious, I rarely have a clear and smooth broadcast through the internet. Lots of freeze ups and so on. I have no idea why, my internet works great, I live in the middle of a busy town with new fiber running to my house. Any thoughts?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thanks guys, didn't know you could log in to the ESPN app using a streaming services login info, even if they don't have ESPN 3.

I've seen others mention that you can no longer access ESPN 3 through YouTube TV - all I can say is the other day at work I went to log on to ESPN 3 and I selected YouTubeTV as my provider and logged on via my account and pulled up a stream.

I'll try again and post back.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I must be lucky because using the ESPN app on my Roku streaming, and logging on to ESPN from my laptop, I got ESPN3 programming today. I have always used You Tube TV as my log on credentials.

Can you keep tabs on it?

We’re cutting the cord ASAP and that was my first choice, but no ESPN3 would be an issue.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
PlayStation Vue has been great for me for 2 years. No NESN, has everything else. And no, you don't need a Playstation for it. $55 a month.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can you keep tabs on it?

We’re cutting the cord ASAP and that was my first choice, but no ESPN3 would be an issue.

Not an issue. I will throw caveat of local RSN's and ESPN3 national feeds sometimes creating blackouts.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Can you keep tabs on it?

I just double checked - I'm still logged in to 'Watch ESPN' with my YouTube TV account and pulled up the UConn/Wagner replay on ESPN3.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just double checked - I'm still logged in to 'Watch ESPN' with my YouTube TV account and pulled up the UConn/Wagner replay on ESPN3.

So clearly, the news from YouTube does not match the reality.

Can you watch something live on ESPN3?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I did earlier today. Some garbage 3rd court US Open match

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

As of tonight, yes. I can watch a Live US Open Match on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
As of tonight, yes. I can watch a Live US Open Match on ESPN3.
This is good to know but I might go with Hulu TV for $5 less even though I won't get AMC. I don't watch the Walking Dead show anymore and it only has re-runs of the same movie over and over during the week. Also, Amazon Fire Stick still hasn't confirmed when they will have Youtube TV app on their device yet. I have apple tv so I can play it there but would like it to work with my fire stick too.

Reaction Score
YouTubeTV and ESPN+ is an unbeatable combo in my opinion. $55/month to get far more content than I was getting for $180/month with DirecTV.

Reaction Score
This is good to know but I might go with Hulu TV for $5 less even though I won't get AMC. I don't watch the Walking Dead show anymore and it only has re-runs of the same movie over and over during the week. Also, Amazon Fire Stick still hasn't confirmed when they will have Youtube TV app on their device yet. I have apple tv so I can play it there but would like it to work with my fire stick too.

The availability of YouTubeTV is what sold me on Roku over Amazon fire. I have tried virtually every live tv streaming service(Ps Vue, Hulu Live, Philo, Slingtv, etc,) and there simply is no better live streaming service than YouTubeTV. It just always works, with none of the annoying problems/glitches that plague some services.

Reaction Score
The availability of YouTubeTV is what sold me on Roku over Amazon fire. I have tried virtually every live tv streaming service(Ps Vue, Hulu Live, Philo, Slingtv, etc,) and there simply is no better live streaming service than YouTubeTV. It just always works, with none of the annoying problems/glitches that plague some services.
I like sling for ability to downgrade to lower costs when I don't need both Orange and Blue. Though I'm having issues with buffering. PSVue I never had issues but the keep raising their prices and there was some buffering. I found Fubo TV the best quality that I used. I only had it for a week so I could watch a Liverpool game until I bought an Atenna to see it on NBC. Too bad Fubo TV doesn't have ESPN in the their price or I would choose it as it is the best service in my opinion but it is too expensive.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I just need to find a way to get Red Zone before next Sunday via streaming and i’ll have the cord cut faster than you can say John Skipper

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just need to find a way to get Red Zone before next Sunday via streaming and i’ll have the cord cut faster than you can say John Skipper

Honestly, a lack of Red Zone is a plus for me.

If I have it, I'll watch it. If I watch it, it's for like eight hours.

I lose entire Sundays.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

fubotv has redzone. if you can handle being a few minutes behind twitter/etc its available

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Vue has RedZone for an addt'l. $10 a month

Reaction Score
I’ve had youtube tv for about 6 months now with Comcast and I am saving money but the picture periodically spins and has to be reset. There is just myself and my wife at home and we do use our phones while watching. I have the lowest level package from Comcast at $74 and wonder if it would improve by going to their highest speed at $100. I have a new very high end router about 40 feet away with a booster about 15 feet away. The other issue is I have to sign back in to Google with a code now and then with my phone to get back on. Obviously I can quit it but would have to get boxes again and renegotiate with Comcast who has the only plan in my area.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I’ve had youtube tv for about 6 months now with Comcast and I am saving money but the picture periodically spins and has to be reset. There is just myself and my wife at home and we do use our phones while watching. I have the lowest level package from Comcast at $74 and wonder if it would improve by going to their highest speed at $100. I have a new very high end router about 40 feet away with a booster about 15 feet away. The other issue is I have to sign back in to Google with a code now and then with my phone to get back on. Obviously I can quit it but would have to get boxes again and renegotiate with Comcast who has the only plan in my area.

Try connecting your streaming device hardwire directly via Ethernet to your router instead of relying on the wireless network. Unless your internet service hook up is not near the TV, its useless to use the wireless network for TV because it is always in the same location.

Reaction Score
Try connecting your streaming device hardwire directly via Ethernet to your router instead of relying on the wireless network. Unless your internet service hook up is not near the TV, its useless to use the wireless network for TV because it is always in the same location.
I have 4 TVs.i need to connect the Rokus on each tv to the router? I may not understand this but wouldn’t I have wires running through the house everywhere? Just checked download speed on my computer and it’s 60.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom