Best streaming service for sports? | The Boneyard

Best streaming service for sports?

Reaction Score
I am going to be signing up for a streaming service this week and was curious what the Boneyard recommends. I’m obviously a UConn fan, but I also want to watch NY Giants games.

Can any Fellow Giants fans tell me which service gets both Huskies and G-Men games?

Reaction Score
We watched the Wagner game on ESPN3 so maybe that's where all the games will be shown this year. I guess the new AAC BILLION DOLLAR contract for ESPN+ starts next year.

Reaction Score
Hulu

All of the above plus Big Ten Network, SEC Network, ACC Network.

Reaction Score
Hulu

All of the above plus Big Ten Network, SEC Network, ACC Network.
Hulu is pretty good on live sports, but it does not get ESPN 3. If you want to watch UConn football and it's only on ESPN 3 you have to get Sling Orange or Orange and Blue.

This will change this fall from week to week. For example, next game with Illinois will be on CBSS, most likely it will be carried by Hulu, but if not, make sure you have Sling.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Timely question. I was channel surfing Saturday afternoon on You Tube TV.

I get all the networks- ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC
All the ESPN's directly on You Tube TV (ESPN3 games are available with You Tube TV subscription too but it's a separate app.
FS1
FS2
CBSSN
NBCSN
ACCN
BIG Ten Network
SECN
MLB.TV
Some motorsports stuff

As a Florida resident (Done by entering my home zip code) I get Fox Sports Florida. I think up in New England it may turn in to NESN or other RCN.

Reaction Score
Timely question. I was channel surfing Saturday afternoon on You Tube TV.

I get all the networks- ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC
All the ESPN's directly on You Tube TV (ESPN3 games are available with You Tube TV subscription too but it's a separate app.
FS1
FS2
CBSSN
NBCSN
ACCN
BIG Ten Network
SECN
MLB.TV
Some motorsports stuff

As a Florida resident (Done by entering my home zip code) I get Fox Sports Florida. I think up in New England it may turn in to NESN or other RCN.
Pretty sure from what you're: describing, YouTube TV with everything is around $55 a month. Hulu with everything is $44 and Sling TV Orange with all the sports channels (Sports Xtra) including ESPN 3 is $35. Why pay $55 when you can get it for less?

Reaction Score
There have been reports that with Youtubetv, ESPN3 is not working anymore. I haven't tried for myself, but people are reporting it.

Reaction Score
Hulu is pretty good on live sports, but it does not get ESPN 3. If you want to watch UConn football and it's only on ESPN 3 you have to get Sling Orange or Orange and Blue.

This will change this fall from week to week. For example, next game with Illinois will be on CBSS, most likely it will be carried by Hulu, but if not, make sure you have Sling.
If you're running any device to your TV as well you should be able to stream live on ESPN with your Hulu account as login. At least that's what I did to catch the games on the go and over the app.

If they're blacked out in the area that's another story and would require a VPN to circumvent.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pretty sure from what you're: describing, YouTube TV with everything is around $55 a month. Hulu with everything is $44 and Sling TV Orange with all the sports channels (Sports Xtra) including ESPN 3 is $35. Why pay $55 when you can get it for less?

Overall TV lineup with You Tube TV is better for me. Biggest thing for me is I do not get the local Fox channel through an OTA antenna at all and CBS pixilates and freezes a bunch. With the You Tube TV I get all local channels and don't have to switch between remotes or inputs.

I had Hulu Live when it first came out a few years ago and also had Sling for over a year. I've settled on You Tube TV for now, but am always willing to look at better offers.

Here's the Sep 2019 channel comparison.

All the live TV streaming services compared: Which has the best channel lineup?

Reaction Score
Overall TV lineup with You Tube TV is better for me. Biggest thing for me is I do not get the local Fox channel through an OTA antenna at all and CBS pixilates and freezes a bunch. With the You Tube TV I get all local channels and don't have to switch between remotes or inputs.

I had Hulu Live when it first came out a few years ago and also had Sling for over a year. I've settled on You Tube TV for now, but am always willing to look at better offers.

Here's the Sep 2019 channel comparison.

All the live TV streaming services compared: Which has the best channel lineup?
Yeah but if you can't get ESPN3 for people like me who are out of the home market then it is pretty useless for as a lot of UCONN's early games are on that. I might just go back to PlaystationVue in November after the season starts. Using Sling Blue and Atenna presently as I'm not a college football fan and that is the cheapest option to get the channels I want including NBC Sports and FS1 and FS2 for soccer.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
I don't have it, but Playstation Vue is a few more bucks than YoutubeTV but it includes NFL Network and has the ability to add NFL Redzone package for an additional $10/month.

The beauty of the streaming packages IMO, is No Contract. So you can bounce around and cancel any time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well, I watched the UConn game Thursday night on ESPN3. I did it through the ESPN app and I'm fairly certain I go in to the ESPN3 stuff through my You Tube TV account.

I know I don't get access to ESPN3 app through Cox internet.

ESPN3 is most definitely not available on YouTube TV.

Reaction Score
Yeah but if you can't get ESPN3 for people like me who are out of the home market then it is pretty useless for as a lot of UCONN's early games are on that. I might just go back to PlaystationVue in November after the season starts. Using Sling Blue and Atenna presently as I'm not a college football fan and that is the cheapest option to get the channels I want including NBC Sports and FS1 and FS2 for soccer.
You can get ESPN3 (and all the other ESPN channels) all the time on Sling Orange for with the Sports Pack option for $25 a month. As far as I know, Hulu + live TV gets a lot of channels and almost all the ESPN channels but it does not get ESPN 3. Last Thursday Hulu LTV did not have the UConn game but Sling Orange did.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
As far as I know, Hulu + live TV gets a lot of channels and almost all the ESPN channels but it does not get ESPN 3. Last Thursday Hulu LTV did not have the UConn game but Sling Orange did.

Hulu Live doesn’t offer ESPN3 but you can log in to the espn app using your HULU Live username and password. That’s how I watched the game Thursday.

Reaction Score
Hulu Live doesn’t offer ESPN3 but you can log in to the espn app using your HULU Live username and password. That’s how I watched the game Thursday.
Thanks I didn't know that. Sling Orange is still cheaper though at $25 vs $45 for Hulu. Not sure which one I'm going to keep though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And I definitely watched UConn v. Wagner on Thursday from my TV using the ESPN app.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks I didn't know that. Sling Orange is still cheaper though at $25 vs $45 for Hulu. Not sure which one I'm going to keep though.

wait you didnt even get to the rent on thursday? ha

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And I definitely watched UConn v. Wagner on Thursday from my TV using the ESPN app.

not that you arent painfully braindead perhaps your cox internet credentials are the same

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom