OT: - Best Sports quote | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Sports quote

Reaction Score
"I can't really hear what Jeremy said because I've got my two Stanley Cup Rings plugging my ears. It's hard for me to understand what he says."

- Patrick Roy

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I don't remember the exact quote, but somebody from Arkansas State (I think) had this doozy:

Guy A: "We can't afford a football team and a college."

Guy B: "Time to tear down the school then."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bill Belichick: “Mental toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it’s not the best thing for you.” “Do your job” is up there.

Funny: “I don’t Twitter, I don’t MyFace, I don’t Yearbook.” and “Twitter account, InstantFace, I don’t have any of that.”

Reaction Score
Frank Layden is a legend.
Got to spend a couple hours with Frank Layden and his coaching tree at a hotel bar in Cooperstown NY. Surprising thing is that we were watching live on tv, a Utah Jazz playoff game and Layden was the Jazz President. He had been Calvin Murphy's coach at Niagra, and this was a scheduled reunion with about 6-8 of his old coaches. Gave me his card in the shape and design of a basketball with a note on the back for free admission if I got to Utah, which was effectively giving nothing, but much appreciated. That day I met him first at the hall of fame, then a local bar on the lake, then a third time at the hotel where he included myself and a couple others with his entourage. Very personable to us. Nice to have his name come up in this thread with other people fondly remembering him.

Reaction Score
Got to spend a couple hours with Frank Layden and his coaching tree at a hotel bar in Cooperstown NY. Surprising thing is that we were watching live on tv, a Utah Jazz playoff game and Layden was the Jazz President. He had been Calvin Murphy's coach at Niagra, and this was a scheduled reunion with about 6-8 of his old coaches. Gave me his card in the shape and design of a basketball with a note on the back for free admission if I got to Utah, which was effectively giving nothing, but much appreciated. That day I met him first at the hall of fame, then a local bar on the lake, then a third time at the hotel where he included myself and a couple others with his entourage. Very personable to us. Nice to have his name come up in this thread with other people fondly remembering him.
I love to hear this. It also seems on par with how he was portrayed.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yes, I was obsessed with that tape as a kid.

Honestly I can still to this day recite that entire video. "I'm Marv Albert ... and I'm Dick Clark!" Marv rolls his eyes ...

What an amazing call back, that's always been the only reason I knew who Frank Layden was, and I loved him ever since.

Reaction Score
My father the railroad conductor had a version of this "If you aren't early your late"
One of my favorite coaches Tom Coughlin had this philosophy. I employee a lot of "kids" and they believe if you are scheduled for a certain time it means "around that time"

Reaction Score
Jim Valvano....after receiving a 1st technical in Acc game. After what he thought was another bad call he is ready to explode on sidelines.
Ref: Jim if you say anything I'm going to toss you.
Jim: frustrated to death ask " Well can I think something "
Ref: You can think anything you want.
Jim: I think you stink.
Tossed him

Reaction Score
“show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.”

“the next time you make it to the end zone, act like you've been there before”

- Vince Lombardi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors