Best Sandwich | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Sandwich

Reaction Score
Apparently I need to check out Fusaro's next time I'm in Stamford. My go to was always Uncle's Deli but once they closed it became Corbo's or A&S

Reaction Score
BBQ hot take: the sides are what make a place great. I've had the brisket at Franklin and I've had Rodney Scott's and, honestly, I've had BBQ out here that, to me, was basically just as good. Maybe I just don't have a refined barbecue palate.
I don't know. I didn't even glance at the sides when I got the ribs and burnt ends at Joe's in KC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Apparently I need to check out Fusaro's next time I'm in Stamford. My go to was always Uncle's Deli but once they closed it became Corbo's or A&S
A&S is alright, solid, not spectacular and they're more geared for catering orders. Corbo's over expanded. Anything from any one if their spots is hit or miss.

There was a spot in Glenbrook, not far from the community center, that had an Italian deli 20+ years ago that was very good. I've been told (by a non Italian) that the deli is still there but I have no idea if the ownership has changed as it has been a good amount of time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know. I didn't even glance at the sides when I got the ribs and burnt ends at Joe's in KC.
Joe's doesn't do greens. I've never had their beans, but that seems about the only side they offer with potential. The others are just stuff you'd find at Dinosaur or some northern backwater like Syracuse.

Also, I'd have given the sausage a try.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A&S is alright, solid, not spectacular and they're more geared for catering orders. Corbo's over expanded. Anything from any one if their spots is hit or miss.

There was a spot in Glenbrook, not far from the community center, that had an Italian deli 20+ years ago that was very good. I've been told (by a non Italian) that the deli is still there but I have no idea if the ownership has changed as it has been a good amount of time.
Doesn't ring a bell. If one existed, I have to ask myself why I got grinders at Nick's Pizza, lol.

Reaction Score
Anyone been to G’s in Hartford? Cheesesteaks and such. Popped up on the IG feed today, looked great

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

A&S is very overrated. It’s nothing special. Gaetano’s is much better.

Reaction Score
I once ate at Primanti's in Pittsburgh while attending a Steelers/Browns game. It was fantastic. Putting the fries inside the sandwich was inspired thinking.

Reaction Score
In SECT area;
New London - Hamilton St. Market, Sonny's Market
Groton - Bennedito's
Mystic - Pasta Fresca & Piadina
Westerly - Ritacco's Market, Reale's Grocery. Westerly Packing

Reaction Score

You didn’t miss much, the sides are pretty uninteresting at Joes. Burnt ends were good but nothing life changing. It was BBQ.

Reaction Score
Used to go to Zarda in Lenexa,KS and get half rack ribs short end, onion rings and beans. Always great. Before Joes and I liked it better than Gates or Bryants.

Reaction Score
That you can’t get in CT.

Says you, that’s fine. My whole point was that there’s nothing about the burn ends at Joes that I can’t find at a million other places. There doesn’t have to be a consensus on this, it’s okay.

Reaction Score
Anyone been to G’s in Hartford? Cheesesteaks and such. Popped up on the IG feed today, looked great
Yes, recommend the southwest chipotle cheesesteak. Comes with battered fried jalapenos for crunch - pretty unique topping I haven't seen anywhere else but is amazing. A little greasy but sometimes you're in the mood for an artery clogging.

Reaction Score

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I once ate at Primanti's in Pittsburgh while attending a Steelers/Browns game. It was fantastic. Putting the fries inside the sandwich was inspired thinking.
Then you'd love a Pittsburgh salad.

The funny thing about Primanti's is that their fries are decent as a side. But when you put them on a sandwich with the cole slaw, all you get is a soggy, vinegary potato mess.

Reaction Score
Shout out to the Rick Reuben sandwich at Meat & Co. within East Rock Market in New Haven. That sandwich is straight HEAT!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Shout out to the Rick Reuben sandwich at Meat & Co. within East Rock Market in New Haven. That sandwich is straight HEAT!
Nice sandwich menu. But wth is "old" american cheese?

Reaction Score
A&S is very overrated. It’s nothing special. Gaetano’s is much better.

Agreed, unless you want a sandwich with italian cold cuts — they are better at a and s. Everything else is better at Gaetanos — they are truly impressive with how amazing all their different sandwiches are (meatball, chicken cutlet, etc.).

Reaction Score
Yes, recommend the southwest chipotle cheesesteak. Comes with battered fried jalapenos for crunch - pretty unique topping I haven't seen anywhere else but is amazing. A little greasy but sometimes you're in the mood for an artery clogging.
That’s the exact one I saw lol appreciate that

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Gaetano's is awesome. We went to the one in Westport before a Mets game earlier this year and the owner was there, just kept handing us cheese and assorted meats while we waited for our food. Then when we were done he grabbed a few pieces of foil and piled a bunch of stuff on there for us to eat in the car. In addition to the hospitality, the food was incredible, and the subs cheap.

I'll also throw in Super Sandwich in Shelton. Really good stuff.

Reaction Score
If you're on that road, Birdcode (Nashville Hot Chicken ) and Plan B. Burger (standard burger fare) are also decent in the downtown Hartford area.
Yup I’ve been planning on going to plan B as well

Reaction Score
Alfredo's Deli or Carbone's Market in torrington are my local favorite..
Claudia's Grinder Shop in Farmington make a solid grinder..
IMG_6170.jpg

No more Sheik's, Salerno's, or Carbone's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom