Best pizza places for slices in CT? | The Boneyard

Best pizza places for slices in CT?

Reaction Score
I know, just what we need, another pizza thread. BUT...

I travel around the state a lot and often have to grab a quick lunch. A lot of the best pizza places don't offer slices, so what are your go to places for slices in CT?

Off the top of my head, one a lot of people probably don't know about is Moravela's in Chester. Good selection of slices, buffalo chicken and barbecue chicken are two of my favorites there. Apparently there is now a location in Oakdale also, but I've never been there.

Reaction Score
Dominic and Pia's (downtown) or Mario's (by municipal stadium) in Waterbury. Also a small local chain called Hometown Pizza in Litchfield, Thomaston, Plymouth. Pizza is good, not great but always have a good selection of slices.

And don't sleep on Costco for a slice. Don't need a membership to hit the food court and while the pizza isn't great, it's consistently good. So much better than fast food pizza like domino's or pizza hut.

Reaction Score
Dominic and Pia's (downtown) or Mario's (by municipal stadium) in Waterbury. Also a small local chain called Hometown Pizza in Litchfield, Thomaston, Plymouth. Pizza is good, not great but always have a good selection of slices.

And don't sleep on Costco for a slice. Don't need a membership to hit the food court and while the pizza isn't great, it's consistently good. So much better than fast food pizza like domino's or pizza hut.
Domenick and Pia's is the best hands down.

Reaction Score
So, without trying to derail this thread, it's not common to just eat a whole pie by oneself? People actually order a portion of a pizza?
Generally these slices are oversized so they themselves are usually close to a quarter of a normal round pizza. And being that they are usually premade and just needing a little warming up are easier to grab and go when you’re tight on time.
Angelina’s, West Hartford.
Thats the one I would’ve said. Luna’s and Joey’s pizza too in WH.

Reaction Score
I almost never grab a slice and just happened to get two the other day at Harry's Bishops Corner in West Hartford. They were delicious and huge, one pepperoni and one vegetable. I like them well done and they popped them in oven and cooked them perfectly. Those two slices filled a small pizza box.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is that place next to Rookies still there?

Reaction Score
Bella pizza in newington.
Vitos pizza in wolcott.
Bella's used to be Stretch's, right? I thought it was much better when it was Stretch's. I'll have to try Vito's.

Reaction Score
One I forgot about - DaVinci's in Ellington has some interesting and unique choices for slices, and the pizza is excellent.

Reaction Score
Re-heated slices are the great equalizer. Nauti Dolphin and Steffanos in Fairfield are decent pies but when crisped up they are delicious. Pizza Med has really good Sicilian slices.

Reaction Score
Re-heated slices are the great equalizer. Nauti Dolphin and Steffanos in Fairfield are decent pies but when crisped up they are delicious. Pizza Med has really good Sicilian slices.
Yup. There's a pizza place in Newtown called Papa Al's. They reheat their slices, and because of that, it's 100x better than ordering a regular pizza. I would highly recommend a slice there, but never a whole pizza

Reaction Score
Port Chester NY . Its the water....
Memories. The first bar I ever got drunk was Vahsen's in Port Chester. 17 years old with phony ID.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
People keep talking about Michael Angelo’s - that place was good 25 years ago and has flat out sucked for 15.

I’d rather listen to the clam hardooooos in New Haven than anyone who is pushing Michael Angelo’s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom