OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 263 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Sorrento’s on Williamsbridge Ave., Bronx, NY. A slice or two of Pepperoni along with a couple garlic knots. Now that’s a good lunch.
2004 Williamsbridge Road. Nice area. Better than Arthur Ave, Bronx's official "Little Italy".

Reaction Score
We're hosting my in-laws, wife's sister and niece and we did a big order of take out from Magic 5 Pizza Co. in East Norwalk, much to the delight of everyone. The margarita (my favorite) was a hit while their riff on a clam pizza (clams from Norwalk Harbor) was enjoyed too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Even the pizza at random breweries in CT is better than any thin crust I've had in the Midwest.
Where Cici's is considered good thin crust.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
And the ruling on the Zuppardi’s out-of-state delivery… fantastic. Probably enhanced by my kitchen skills.
I ordered a mixed 6-pack. Have had 2, and not very impressed. When cooked until it starts to brown, the crust is just plain hard. Not great imho. Our local wood-fired place is significantly better.

Reaction Score
I ordered a mixed 6-pack. Have had 2, and not very impressed. When cooked until it starts to brown, the crust is just plain hard. Not great imho. Our local wood-fired place is significantly better.
I think you left it in too long. Preheat to 425, put the pizza on bare racks, turn back to 400, and bake ~8 minutes. Vary by oven. I used convection.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think you left it in too long. Preheat to 425, put the pizza on bare racks, turn back to 400, and bake ~8 minutes. Vary by oven. I used convection.
Maybe so. I'll try your method for the next one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Anyone been to Minervini's in Wallingord? Was there around the holidays and quite honestly was one of the best pies I've ever had.

(Had to post on pizza to avoid the boredom of this ecu game)
In the center of East Haven there is a Minervini's Pizza. I have worked in town for 2 years and finally tried them back in November. They are now my go-to for pizza. Crust is thin and perfectly crunchy. Toppings are fresh. Excellent specialty pies, too.

Reaction Score
In the center of East Haven there is a Minervini's Pizza. I have worked in town for 2 years and finally tried them back in November. They are now my go-to for pizza. Crust is thin and perfectly crunchy. Toppings are fresh. Excellent specialty pies, too.
Lot of good pizza in East Haven. No reason to stop there for me b/c a few more minutes and I'm at Zupp's or New Haven proper, but if you're in the area....

Reaction Score
2nd rodeo with Willington Pizza’s pickle pie.

Fun for a slice (I think I must have just tried one slice last time I had it) but too much for eating a full pie.

Fun idea and the flavors are actually good: pickling spicing sprinkled atop thinly sliced pickles. Personally, under the toppings, it’s basically a white pizza, which is not my vibe.

In summary, glad I tried it, but won’t order it again unless it’s with a bigger group to have a slice or two. Love Willington Pizza, though, it always warms my heart.

46679F89-17A1-4BEE-BA45-DA47EE2380EC.jpeg

Reaction Score

Fun for a slice (I think I must have just tried one slice last time I had it) but too much for eating a full pie.

Fun idea and the flavors are actually good: pickling spicing sprinkled atop thinly sliced pickles. Personally, under the toppings, it’s basically a white pizza, which is not my vibe.

In summary, glad I tried it, but won’t order it again unless it’s with a bigger group to have a slice or two. Love Willington Pizza, though, it always warms my heart.

View attachment 82795
I hope that wasn't your only pie.

I don't need to try to this one.

Reaction Score
E4703FBD-BE64-49DD-BF09-EC80CF45B0CD.jpeg

8 minutes. End crust is the only part that is crunchy.

Reaction Score

View attachment 82795
Might be worse than pineapple on pizza!?!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

View attachment 82795
Yeah, that's too much pickle and nothing else to balance it. I've posted this before, but when I was working in Sofia, Bulgaria, some 20 years ago, staff ordered pizza in on one of my first days. One of the pies was pickle, corn, ham. I'm thinking 'wth?', but in addition to the pie having a great crust and flavorful red sauce, the toppings combo actually worked quite well. Probably only a third of pickle you got though, and chopped in much smaller pieces.

Reaction Score
That’s Florida for you. You could tell the pizza was underdone and was sitting. That’s a recipe for disaster
I found this on the internet. I was not aware of all the new locations. I will have to check out the Delray Beach location when it opens.

Is Pepe's pizza coming to Florida?

In addition to South Florida and Connecticut, Frank Pepe's operates in Maryland, Virginia, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York. A second South Florida location is set to open in Delray Beach in 2023.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom