Best Live Album | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Best Live Album

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Friday Night in San Francisco. These guys play guitar so fast, friends I played the album for would claim my record player was set at the wrong speed.

7ACBA240-051A-4D49-B911-50B661EFB0B7.jpeg

FWIW I think ABB Fillmore East and Little Feat WFC are the two best live albums ever.

Reaction Score
U2 - Under A Blood Red Sky
The Who- Live At Leeds
MC5- Kick Out the Jams
Live at Leeds....hands down. Magic Bus is such a run-of-the-mill boring studio song, but the nearly 8 minute live version on this album is epic. 15+ minute My Generation is pretty amazing too.

I'd also throw in The Last Waltz by the Band as a favorite.

Reaction Score
Live at Leeds....hands down. Magic Bus is such a run-of-the-mill boring studio song, but the nearly 8 minute live version on this album is epic. 15+ minute My Generation is pretty amazing too.

The Last Waltz without a doubt.

Reaction Score
Love Bob Seger.
Though I dont think I appreciated his music as much back in his hey day as I did as the years went on.

To me, he is one of the best at telling a story through his music.

Bob Seger is summer campfire on the beach or dunes keg music.
Funny, yesterday was listening to deep cuts on Sirus and they played I Feel Like Breaking Somebody's Home. I was so shocked at first that it was playing and could not believe how great it sounded live. Have not listened to him in such a long time. I also did not appreciate him back in the day as I do now. So what did I do after hearing that song. Yep! Played Live Bullet sooo freaking good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was the Last waltz released as an album. Some great performances there.

The Last Waltz - The Band

The Band - The Last Waltz (definitely best video concert)

The Last Waltz is a brilliant album, and more a story than a show. It is amazing how seamless other acts fit in.

The Last Waltz without a doubt.

And an absolutely perfect title for the concert.
It's still a favorite, but I have a harder time with the film every time I watch since learning of all the bs Robbie and Scorsese pulled in the filming and editing, trying to portray Robbie as the star in hopes of fueling his career beyond The Band. And intentionally causing an end to The Band as it existed, even though Robbie was the only one who wanted to end it.

I get that the drugs and the road were intolerable to Robbie, and their deleterious effect on the others is obvious; but I hate the way Robbie preens like a peacock throughout the performance. Fun fact is that his mic was off because he couldn't sing worth a lick, but that didn't stop him from doing his best Milli Vanilli act in the movie.

Also, "The Weight" and "Evangeline" were recorded after the fact and were not a part of the concert; and a lot of stuff was cleaned up in post-production, with Levon's parts being the only ones retained in their entirety. In other words, not technically a live album.

Reaction Score
Speaking of The Last Waltz, I saw Warren Haynes and friends when they briefly toured in honor of its 40th anniversary. It was cool as heck.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Funny, yesterday was listening to deep cuts on Sirus and they played I Feel Like Breaking Somebody's Home. I was so shocked at first that it was playing and could not believe how great it sounded live. Have not listened to him in such a long time. I also did not appreciate him back in the day as I do now. So what did I do after hearing that song. Yep! Played Live Bullet sooo freaking good.

Night Moves Smoother Than Tennessee Whiskey

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Speaking of The Last Waltz, I saw Warren Haynes and friends when they briefly toured in honor of its 40th anniversary. It was cool as heck.

Was listening to some Warren Hayes earlier this afternoon. He's so versatile- Derek and the Dominos or Pretty Reckless.

Since this is about live performances, here's one of Warren from CT.

Look At The Avatar

Reaction Score

My Morning Jacket Okonokos.
Jim James frontman is a underrated singer song writer. Their self titled new album that was released 2021 their 9th I believe is just incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom