Best Italian Restaurants and Stores in NY, CT, and MA. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Italian Restaurants and Stores in NY, CT, and MA.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have only been twice. There is a restaurant in Branford called Rossitto's Ristorante. Set back off Rt 1. Easy to miss. Fantastic, and friendly staff.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
A hidden gem is LC Cash and Carry at the New Haven Food Terminal. You can even get your wine making supplies there along with the fresh grapes and juices when in season.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Franklin Ave in Hartford used to have way more. Sadly, many are moving out. There’s still DiBacco’s (deli/small grocery) and Mozzicatto’s (pastry shop). D & D has moved to Wethersfield, into the old Bliss Market spot.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I also forgot to mention Mattei’s in Derby. Their eggplant parm is by far the best out of anybody. The way they do it so unique with how thin they slice it. I couldn’t tell you how many times Ive brought a tray of it to parties where people have literally thought it was lasagna. It’s so good that I know people that hate eggplant, but they love it from Mattei’s.
Yes!!! We get a few prepared dinners from there every holiday.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is so much good Italian food in the northeast that it may be easier to name the bad ones. I have a very low tolerance for bad food or service with Italian restaurants, because there are so many good ones nearby that I don’t need to give places a second chance.

some that stand out:

Marchettis in Cranston, Rhode Island is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been to. The decor is cheesy enough to embarrass an Applebee’s franchisee, but the food is incredible.

Salute in Hartford is excellent.

Sal e Pepe’s in Newtown is very good.

Reaction Score
Pasta Cosi is my favorite reason they they been open 30 years. Pasta is their forte but their steaks are top of the line and daily specials are on point. Their blue crab sauce they did this week is the best I've ever had anywhere

Adriana's is my favorite in new haven since it's best bang for your buck even though it's run my Albanians

Tre and L'Orcio are also great

Diorio's in waterbury might actually be the best in the state. That's where the owner Billy from pasta cosi learned his craft

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Salute in Hartford is excellent.
Couldn't disagree more. When Hot Tomato's closed the management from there opened Salute. I tried it once and never returned. Had to return my chicken parm it was so bad. Also, my wife is certified Italian and she will not eat here.

Everything else you said was spot on though.

Reaction Score
Couldn't disagree more. When Hot Tomato's closed the management from there opened Salute. I tried it once and never returned. Had to return my chicken parm it was so bad. Also, my wife is certified Italian and she will not eat here.

Everything else you said was spot on though.
You’re the only person I’ve ever known to say that. I’ve eaten there 50 times or more for work lunches and dinners and never had a bad meal. I would give it another run.

Reaction Score
You’re the only person I’ve ever known to say that. I’ve eaten there 50 times or more for work lunches and dinners and never had a bad meal. I would give it another run.
I agree with Deepster on this. I have been to Salutes multiple times with no complaints. My wife is a tough critic but always enjoyed it. The rose pasta is a favorite. Jimmy who is from Hot Tomatoes also donated food for some fund raisers that we had and everyone loved the food.
I believe Jimmy got his start with Mike Seaver at Chucks.

Reaction Score
Restaurant is Vazzy's in Stratford (Paradise Green). Definitely not any of the 2-3 Vazzy's in the area.

Reaction Score
Angelo’s Specialties has Italian markets in both Norwalk (Rt 123) and Stamford (right off high ridge). I like right near their Norwalk location and their real deal as they come.

Can’t beat diMare pastries. I did my grad schooling right near their Stamford location and cannolis at least twice a week. As a kid, I was walking distance from their Greenwich location right off Exit 5.

Villa Nouva in Cos Cob is fantastic. A deli right on the Cos Cob harbor bridge makes fantastically light and flavorful chicken cutlets.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not sure why RI is omitted. I know the people who own and run this place. http://www.dpalmierisbakery.com/. Food is excellent and it’s also a store/deli of sorts.

In MA my favorite local Italian restaurants are Davio’s Patriots Place (better than the Boston location) and Alicante. Luciano’s on RT. 1 is good if you want standard red sauce style Italian food. I like the pizza at Tavolino’s and the sandwiches.

As others have said, it’s not like they are scarce.

Reaction Score
Cafe Silvium in Stamford. (Hard to get in)
Ralph and Richs' ( Bridgeport)
Dolce ( Danbury)
Babbo ( Manhattan) expensive

The northeast has many great Italian restaurants, live in Minnesota where Olive Garden is the only choice

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My favorite Italian restaurants in CT:

L'Orcio (New Haven)
Portofino (New Haven)
Consiglio's (New Haven)
Adrianna's (New Haven)
Skappo (New Haven)
Ralph-n-Rich's (Bridgeport)
Dioro (Waterbury)
Roma (Waterbury)
La Tavola (Waterbury)

Favorite Italian markets in CT:

A&S (Fairfield, Monroe)
Liuzzi (North Haven)

Reaction Score
If I didn't bring lunch from Frigo's in downtown Springfield, my customers there said they would cancel our contract. Great sandwiches!

Reaction Score
For the Valley people, the AM Club in Derby sells their home made sauce they use for the monthly dinners in a container for only like $6. It’s very good, I recommend it.
Yes!!! We get a few prepared dinners from there every holiday.
The AM club( my grandfather was a founding member) and Matties Eggplant Parma are making me a little homesick.
For some reason many Italian restaurants in AZ don’t offer Eggplant my favorite.
The dreaded Olive Garden’s is the closest and it’s not bad.

Reaction Score
The AM club( my grandfather was a founding member) and Matties Eggplant Parma are making me a little homesick.
For some reason many Italian restaurants in AZ don’t offer Eggplant my favorite.
The dreaded Olive Garden’s is the closest and it’s not bad.
Thats really cool. My grandfather was also a member of the AM Club, and he was a founding member of the nearby Lafayette Club. I know we already have a pizza thread, but you can’t talk about Italian places in Derby without bringing up Roseland.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Not sure if Carbone's in Hartford was mentioned... or if it's even around still?
Bricco in WeHa center, they're grilled artichockes are fantastic as are their pasta dishes. I'm partial to the bolognese, or rigatoni with sausage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom