Best individual plays in UConn history | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best individual plays in UConn history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
huskiesnyc said:
I could swear that Emeka buzzer beater block was against Georgetown not Nova. You sure?

He might have done it another time or two, but Villanova was the one I remember (he had one in regulation and overtime - the OT one to seal it was spectacular since he slipped a little and was beat and had to recover). Couldn't find video on YouTube, but it might be buried in the middle of a season highlights video.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15281-2004Feb28.html

Reaction Score
My memory may be wrong, but there was a game against ND in the late 90s where Uconn scored 9 points in 1 second at the end of the first half. It may have been the 98-99 season.

Rip (I think) made a three and was fouled.
ND coach gets technical
Rip sinks foul shot
Rip sinks two technicals
Inbound to KEA, who hits a three

All with one second on the clock. So, while it was actually (five) plays, it all happened within a "second" of game time.

Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel rebound deserves strong consideration. Somebody remind me of what game it was - during the 5 run? Not a tourni game, right? In a way, the 11 BET and NCAAT were concatenated for us. We started kicking ass on day one in the Garden after Maker's Muppet set the dial on "B----s to the Wall," and we didn't stop taking names until we got to the 5th guy off the Bench for Butler.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
That was one of the first things to come to mind for me, too.

A ton of Marcus White's offensive rebounds.

Marcus White. Probably the most violent and ferocious rebounder in a Uconn
Uniform had he stayed and stayed healthy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not from Connecticut and didn't become an obsessed UConn fan until I was a freshmen in 2001, so I missed a lot of the pre 99 games. I'm curious to hear what some of your best memories and individual plays in the history of the program are. This thread might be lame, but it's the offseason and this is much better than the "which UConn player do you hate the most" thread. Feel free to add categories I'll start with some very recent history.

Best:
3 point play: Amida Brimah (St Joes)
Crossover: AJ Price (Marquette)
Game winner: Kemba Walker (Pitt)
Rebound: Lasan Kromah (UK)
Dunk: Rudy Gay had plenty
Blocked shot: Okafor (Duke)
Brain freeze: Roscoe (Texas)

How about best run?

Now, I know that this is a "flavor of the month" category, and there are a gazillion of them in UConn history, so I'm gonna go with the most recent:

Florida 16
Uconn 4

to

UConn 21
Florida 20

On the biggest stage, no less.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Scott Burrell to Tate George…….really isn't a more important one!
Yep, that was my pick as well. Not many basketball players can make that kind of a throw... need a baseball arm for that kind of accuracy over distance! ;)

Reaction Score
I'm with the Taliek love, longest jump shot of any UConn player, all net. Just listening to that buzzer (the whole time the ball was in the air) still gives me chills.

The tension, atmosphere was electric in that Championship game. And then "Oh My!!!":

Last edited:

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I'm with the Taliek love, longest jump shot of any UConn player, all net. Just listening to that buzzer (the whole time the ball was in the air) still gives me chills.

The tension, atmosphere was electric in that Championship game. And then "Oh My!!!":

The Calhoun reaction shots are just priceless. Right after Taliek's shot -- "Guard that guy!" After Ben gets fouled -- "DO NOT CELEBRATE!"

Reaction Score
Kembas off balance 40 foot crossbody heave all net vs Texas is the most amazing shot I've ever seen. Shame people only remember the Roscoe play.

Reaction Score
Best dunk I've ever seen was Stanley Robinson against Georgetown his senior year. Jumps from outside the paint for a put-back dunk. Just ridiculous.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Marcus Johnson was the best dunker we've ever had, bar none.

Reaction Score
What about Taliek's 30 foot PLUS three point shot with the time clock running out late in the BET championship game against Pitt (I believe) that pretty much decided the game?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm not from Connecticut and didn't become an obsessed UConn fan until I was a freshmen in 2001, so I missed a lot of the pre 99 games. I'm curious to hear what some of your best memories and individual plays in the history of the program are. This thread might be lame, but it's the offseason and this is much better than the "which UConn player do you hate the most" thread. Feel free to add categories I'll start with some very recent history.

Best:
3 point play: Amida Brimah (St Joes)
Crossover: AJ Price (Marquette)
Game winner: Kemba Walker (Pitt)
Rebound: Lasan Kromah (UK)
Dunk: Rudy Gay had plenty
Blocked shot: Okafor (Duke)
Brain freeze: Roscoe (Texas)
or coombs rebound against PITT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics