Best Fried Chicken in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Fried Chicken in CT

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
C88276D6-0795-4BE8-9797-EF5CC69F7C67.jpeg

Best chicken sandwich ever. Craftbird CT food truck. You’re welcome.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll have to try Fiorella's. Have had fried chicken in New Orleans and didn't find it anything special. When I'm in New Orleans it's all about the fried oyster or fried shrimp Po Boys. Mrs. Diesel is all abou the Mufallatas (or however it's spelled).
I’m all about those, too. I hit for the cycle every time I’m there. I’ve actually had Central Grocery muffulettas shipped and they are still excellent; but you can come pretty close on your own using their olive spread (which you can now buy through Amazon, etc.) and Boar’s Head or similar quality cold cuts—IF you can find acceptable bread. Best I have found here is a round Italian loaf from Apicella’s, a local Italian bakery.

Have you tried Killer Po’ Boys? Very unorthodox but very good.

Had Willie Mae's and Coop's, need to try Fiorella's.
Love both of them, too, and Jacques-Imo’s used to have one of the local legends making it in their kitchen but she died and their great fried chicken died with her.

I don’t get the fried chicken anymore at Coop‘s because I can’t not get their Jambalaya Supreme. And smoked duck quesadilla. And Creole green beans with bacon sauce...

Reaction Score
The Cook and the Bear’s was awesome too, but that place closed down.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow. He doesn’t know Father Panik Village....
He does. He was commenting on the misspelling in August’s post. I didn’t realize it at the time.

Reaction Score
The Cook and the Bear’s was awesome too, but that place closed down.
I liked that place a lot. I was pretty disappointed when they closed.

Who has fried chicken recommendations closer to Hartford/Farmington valley?

Reaction Score
Here's a take for you.

Fried chicken is terrible. Prove me wrong.

Liver and onions is terrible. KFC is the second largest restaurant chain in the world measured by sales with over 24,000 stores in 145 countries. Revenue in the billions. Throw in Popeyes, Church's, etc and you would have a hard time sustaining the "terrible" argument.

Not my jam, but the people have clearly spoken.

Reaction Score
Liver and onions is terrible. KFC is the second largest restaurant chain in the world measured by sales with over 24,000 stores in 145 countries. Revenue in the billions. Throw in Popeyes, Church's, etc and you would have a hard time sustaining the "terrible" argument.

Not my jam, but the people have clearly spoken.

Nonsense. McDonald's sells more than KFC and they're garbage too.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. McDonald's sells more than KFC and they're garbage too.

Bufilina just called. Your smoked duck breast, blistered currants, fontina cheese, local micro greens pizza is ready.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When done right, fried chicken is great.

Keys to success:
1. Brine or buttermilk and season overnight for best results; a few hours at a minimum
2. dry, wet, dry, dust off for best crispiness.
3. Make sure oil is hot
4. Don't overload the chicken

Keys to failure:
1. Underseason
2. Incomplete covering of the chicken leaving areas bare of breading
3. Not letting oil get hot
4. Not enough oil or overloading the pan/fryer for the amount of oil you have.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
It was a neighborhood in Bridgeport. Known for drugs, crime and lots of police activity.
It was actually one of the worst neighborhoods in the country at one point. I think it was ranked top 10

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was going to recommend Peaches Southern Pub in Norwalk but I see they're moving to NYC.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
general observation. chicken breasts? bird flavored cotton. the rest of it? only palatable when prepared by frying. father panik, charles green, marina village, the terrace, pequonnok, p.t, - all just places filled with mostly nice people, and the homes of my school pals. cecil on the west side, and charlie on the east side were kinda the unofficial mayors. both actually ran officially. good folks. let's see where marina is today:
and as far as Rootsman neighborhood, i never got why Arthurs pizza was 'famous.' i guess if u were a UB student, then prolly cuz it was the only zashop around there. imagine living there, in Bridgeport, and having to walk more than a few blocks to get abitz. oh, the horror.
nowadays, we got this. heck, you can even get a fancy t-shirt with ur pie. noice.
as far as fried chicken there, the fam agrees on drumstik, tho gramps likes to ramble on aboot some state street joint called The Chicken Roost back in his day. he and great gramps would sit around jawing aboot some kosher butcher on east main where u'd pick some live chickens, and they'd whack 'em for you. gross. i ain't going anywhere near where a chicken roosts, coops, or poops. it always smells worst than a Maine paper mill.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Here's a take for you.

Fried chicken is terrible. Prove me wrong.
God, I wish I felt this way. You are blessed.
Me, I can barely drive past Popeyes without stopping... even in early pandemic days

Reaction Score
God, I wish I felt this way. You are blessed.
Me, I can barely drive past Popeyes without stopping... even in early pandemic days

To be fair, I feel the same about a lot of fried foods. Fried shrimp, fried scallops, onion blossoms, etc. The first bite or two is great....followed by a lot of greasy disgusting stomach cramps.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
To be fair, I feel the same about a lot of fried foods. Fried shrimp, fried scallops, onion blossoms, etc. The first bite or two is great....followed by a lot of greasy disgusting stomach cramps.
Have you tried panko breadcrumbs? Lighter, more crisp and absorb less oil.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom