Best Fried Chicken in CT | The Boneyard

Best Fried Chicken in CT

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
In the mood for some good fried chicken this weekend while enjoying some college football. Anyone got any suggestions? Preferably near Fairfield County?

Reaction Score
TKs in danbury. unless you're talking about southern fried chicken in which case i never found any

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Rootsman Kitchen on Park Avenue deep in the hood in Bridgeport. Just south of the Railroad tracks. They don't make it until after lunch. Lock your car doors. Consider packing....but it's excellent.
It’s really good. I concur. I’d stop there before my FFD county gigs frequently. I’ve never had a problem there but I used to walk in and out of Father Panic village before it was razed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean, yeah it’s all gross if you think about it.

That’s why I don’t think about it. I love it.

Thighs are criminally underrated.
I know you love New Orleans, they of course do fried chicken better than everywhere else.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Shh. Don't bump the price.
This is my favorite chicken sandwich anywhere, BRD in Baltimore, made from boneless, skinless thigh meat:

33775355_587435864982871_3488698743656546304_n.jpg

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Growing up in Stamford, Reddi Rooster was damn good. I see they are still around, not sure if they are still good.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mean, yeah it’s all gross if you think about it.

That’s why I don’t think about it. I love it.

Thighs are criminally underrated.

Thighs criminally overrated? I thought those were universally known as the best part. The wings get all up fried. Drums/Legs are for the kids. The breasts can be good but are so easy to overcook if you don't know what you are doing. The dark meat and size of the thigh is perfect for frying.

Reaction Score
It’s really good. I concur. I’d stop there before my FFD county gigs frequently. I’ve never had a problem there but I used to walk in and out of Father Panic village before it was razed.
I remember an interview Cypress Hill had a million years ago and they did a gig in the area. They went looking for a bar in Bridgeport and ended up in a pool hall. They said 12 year old kids kept coming up to them trying to sell them guns and crack. They never even heard of Bridgeport before they booked a show and they thought CT. was all rich white people. DJ Muggs said he couldn't believe it, it was one of the roughest areas he had come across.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know you love New Orleans, they of course do fried chicken better than everywhere else.
It is the best I've had. Fiorella's is my favorite because I like it spicy.

I'll have to try Fiorella's. Have had fried chicken in New Orleans and didn't find it anything special. When I'm in New Orleans it's all about the fried oyster or fried shrimp Po Boys. Mrs. Diesel is all abou the Mufallatas (or however it's spelled).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thighs criminally overrated? I thought those were universally known as the best part. The wings get all up fried. Drums/Legs are for the kids. The breasts can be good but are so easy to overcook if you don't know what you are doing. The dark meat and size of the thigh is perfect for frying.
Didn't you mean "underrated?"
Otherwise, yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom