Best duo to ever play together | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best duo to ever play together

Reaction Score
Don't want to steal Chiefs thunder but:

Kevin Ollie and Glen Miller

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
In terms of UConn, a couple that I am not seeing that may have not been the absolute best we have ever had but still great:

Marcus Williams and Hilton (I believe MW was personally responsible for a big part of HA and even JB's great upperclassman seasons, his passes were on point to our to our twin towers)

'09 was special to me. I really feel like Thabeet is so slept on as a college player even among our own fan base. It's tough to answer this question in this format of "best duo" since that season had so many balanced weapons and injuries always seemed to have one of the guards off the floor but I'd say AJ Price and Hashem Thabeet were a great inside-outside duo in a hugely successful season for us. Getting the ball inside to HT in the right spot (which at his size was about 80% of the paint and baseline) was an automatic 2 points, and on the defensive end both were game changers, especially HT never seen such palpable defensive impact before him and since.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rolling Rock is over priced swill. For that money you can get a decent beer.

Careful there son. That's some serious old-time Mojo you are messing with. The Sacreds may not taste the best, but they've done some fine work over the years.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
In terms of UConn, a couple that I am not seeing that may have not been the absolute best we have ever had but still great:

Marcus Williams and Hilton (I believe MW was personally responsible for a big part of HA and even JB's great upperclassman seasons, his passes were on point to our to our twin towers)

'09 was special to me. I really feel like Thabeet is so slept on as a college player even among our own fan base. It's tough to answer this question in this format of "best duo" since that season had so many balanced weapons and injuries always seemed to have one of the guards off the floor but I'd say AJ Price and Hashem Thabeet were a great inside-outside duo in a hugely successful season for us. Getting the ball inside to HT in the right spot (which at his size was about 80% of the paint and baseline) was an automatic 2 points, and on the defensive end both were game changers, especially HT never seen such palpable defensive impact before him and since.

I was right with you until the end part including "before him." Even with his great size and good athleticism, I don't think that Thabeet was better/more impactful defensively than Emeka. I guess this could be argued if you focused on the overall threat of the block in the paint, then Thabeet had more of that. Thabeet was smart and learned quickly, looking back on it. He was an amazing find. But Emeka was the emotional leader of the team who was a great defender and rebounder. He became the "Go To" player in the comeback against Dook and just was such a great athlete in his way. The block with the left hand after going to block with the right against Villanova (who did he block?), one of the greatest blocks at a totally critical time in a game!!!

Anyway, I vote Emeka the Greatest UConn (Calhoun onward): interior player, center, defensive interior player, offensive center (junior year), smartest BBIQ interior player (can't count Nadav an interior player here, btw).

Reaction Score
For UCONN gotta give it to Emeka and Ben, many others were deserving. All time I'd give the nod to Ervin Magic Johnson and Greg Kelser, they just destroyed teams, good teams too. Bird and Nicks had no answer for them in the National Championship game.

Reaction Score
Best duo in UConn history was Ray+Doron IMO.
Oh my goodness! That was some great basketball to watch. Although Doron wasnt much of a defender especially against small quick guys.
A great duo ill throw in is Tracy Murray and Don Maclean. They were really good although they only managed to get to one elite 8 but they were pretty damn good.
Tim Duncan Randolph Childress
Dennis scott Kenny Anderson
Rex Walters and Adonis Jordan
lafrentz and Pierce
Lopez/Hamilton

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I was right with you until the end part including "before him." Even with his great size and good athleticism, I don't think that Thabeet was better/more impactful defensively than Emeka. I guess this could be argued if you focused on the overall threat of the block in the paint, then Thabeet had more of that. Thabeet was smart and learned quickly, looking back on it. He was an amazing find. But Emeka was the emotional leader of the team who was a great defender and rebounder. He became the "Go To" player in the comeback against Dook and just was such a great athlete in his way. The block with the left hand after going to block with the right against Villanova (who did he block?), one of the greatest blocks at a totally critical time in a game!!!

Anyway, I vote Emeka the Greatest UConn (Calhoun onward): interior player, center, defensive interior player, offensive center (junior year), smartest BBIQ interior player (can't count Nadav an interior player here, btw).
You are right, Emeka was the superior defender by skill and footwork alone, his IQ was light years ahead of Thabeet.

But Thabeet had size and reach you simply can't teach, once in a generation type stuff, especially at the college level. 7' 5" with equally insane length and the ability to run the floor and jump without getting winded or injured every other game is one in a million. The amount of times I remember HT just jumping off two feet and swallowing shot attempts before they even reach their arc was staggering, the psychological effect he had on opposing players was enough to make me say he was a defender unlike anything I'd seen before, Emeka included in that regard.

Reaction Score
Durant and Westbrook
Carter and Tmac
Ming and Tmac
Caron and Agent 0
Porter and Drexler
Rip and Chauncey
The Wallace boys
the Davis Boys on the Pacers
Reggie Miller and Rik Smits
LJ and Alonzo
Pierce and Walker
Shaq and Dwade
Isiah and Dumars
Duncan and Parker
The Bash Brothers Canseco and Mcgwire
Irod and Gonzalez
Griffey and Arod

Reaction Score
Eric B and Rakim
Red and Meth
Erick Sermon and Parrish Smith
Big and Mr Cee
Prodigy and Havoc
Capone N Noreaga
Pete Rock and CL Smooth
Mos Def and Talib Kweli
Snoop and Dre

Reaction Score
Eric B and Rakim
Red and Meth
Erick Sermon and Parrish Smith
Big and Mr Cee
Prodigy and Havoc
Capone N Noreaga
Pete Rock and CL Smooth
Mos Def and Talib Kweli
Snoop and Dre

How can you omit Guru and Premier

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Careful there son. That's some serious old-time Mojo you are messing with. The Sacreds may not taste the best, but they've done some fine work over the years.
Forgive him father, for he knows not what he says

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom