Best days/times to catch some Gampel Pick-up game action? | The Boneyard

Best days/times to catch some Gampel Pick-up game action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those of you who have been slipping into Gampel to catch the pick-up games, do you happen to know when the best days and times to catch the action?

Hooper and I try to get down there once a preseason and he has to travel quite a distance. We don't want to take the time and find out they're not scrimmaging that day.

Since I'm on this topic, Hooper and I have an amusing preseason story. The last time we went up to watch them play, they were in Gywer (sp?) Gym, which tends to be like Fort Knox to non-UConn students. Just as we were walking to the building we ran into Hilton. As he walked right by the student who checks IDs, we both told the kid we were with Hilton as we rushed on by and got in without incident. I think Hilton vouched for us after hearing us say we were with him. Funny stuff! We both had a good laugh on that one. If my memory serves me, both Hooper and I ran into Hilton once before and talked with him. Not sure if he remembered us, but he had that "not these two again" look on his face. Hum...we seem to get that a lot when we stop by for our UConn visit.

To add to this story, the coaching staff was and I think is still allowed to coach and observe the team once a week for a limited amount of time, and we ended up catching them on one of those days. It was also the same day Mile got into all that trouble. Both Hooper and I felt he was the best player on the floor even though he was just a freshman. AJ happen to wander by where we were sitting, on the floor by the baseline since there isn't much room there in Gywer. We asked him what he thought about Miles and he simply raved about how talented he was. Too bad he turned out to be such a problem for our program.

We have a few other interesting preseason stories, but that was one of the more memorable ones.

Anyhow, we'd like to stop by either next week or the following. If anyone knows for certain when they scrimmage, please let us know.

Reaction Score
I don't know when they scrimmage, but I walked through Gampel on Wednesday and saw Roscoe on the free-throw line with Olander, Drummond and Wolf on the sidelines. Blaney was there too. I know the best days to see the men are on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. The women are in the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Again, I'm not too sure about scrimmages or when they are.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Dog, its a tossup. Sometimes its all girl day, other times its volleyball, and very often its Guyer. Andre told me lately its been a lot of Guyer. My wife and I have been over twice since July and struck out once and caught a class another time - but no scrimmage.

Reaction Score
Hit or miss - went Tuesday and the women were playing. The "frosh" lefty guard is gonna be special!!!! Was kinda po'd but I was out that way anyway....couldnt hang out though as it was only 3 pm = guessing the guys were 4pm or so. Changes weekely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom