Best Covers of Rock Songs | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Best Covers of Rock Songs

Reaction Score
Here's one for you @nwhoopfan and I loved yours very much.

SILENZIUM - I Was Made For Lovin' You (Kiss cover)
Things are drifting a bit sideways but I'm ok with that, especially if you, as the OP, are.
I won't post any links but Steve'n'Seagulls cover a bunch of metal and rock classics. "Thunderstruck" seems to be the most popular.
Makes perfect sense that a Finnish newgrass band with an accordion, banjo, spoons, and an anvil should cover DIO, AC/DC, Kansas, etc.
I agree with you about Sina Drums...excellent cover of "Rosanna".

Reaction Score
Since my favorite song that the Beatles covered was Twist and Shout. Here is a cover of a Beatle song that I might like better than the original.

I was fortunate back in the day to have access to concerts galore in San Francisco. Fillmore West, Avalon Ballroom, Family Dog and Winterland (for special shows). For the first three venues, there were three acts per night, and they were big acts, not just local groups who usually were the opening act. Thursday and Sunday nights was $3.00, and Friday and Saturday was $3.50. Shows at Winterland were usually a whopping $4.00.

At Winterland, saw a show with Joe Cocker, Mad Dogs and Englishmen with Leon Russell, and Van Morrison as the opening act. I believe it was in 1970. A Phenomenal evening.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Sara Bareilles' version of Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", who was quoted that "it was a better then his version".
Another featuring Sara

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Mary Chapin Carpenter covering Bruce

My Love Will Not Let You Down

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actual cover band out of Connecticut (for you locals) covering Peter Frampton. p.s they'll be at Mohegan Sun (Wolf Den) next Thur and Fri.

Do You Feel Like I Do - Lasts Licks

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Former Motown artist Bettye LaVette completely transforms this rock song from The Who into a soulful R&B plea.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

bruno can, and does, cover almost any artist, from nirvana, to prince, to white stripes, to whatever. seems like he is the most popular musician on earth to day. he deserves it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ya just can't have a big audience for a 'world-wide' televised music show without him. he puts up 1B+ hit views like a habit.
this year? bruno sings little richard.

Reaction Score
School of Rock's cover of Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me". The bassist is really into the song.

My absolute favorite SOR cover! Every single one of those kids blasts it out of the park. Love bass girl's sneaks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom