Best Covers of Rock Songs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Covers of Rock Songs

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
School of Rock has a lot of fun songs posted. I really like this one. There have been several earlier posts, I really get a kick out of seeing talented young people paying tribute to songs that came out long before they were born.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
These youtubers are prolific. They've been doing one song a week for pretty much forever. I think they are all still teenagers and have been a band together for about half of their lifetimes. Some of the songs they pick are more in the singer's wheelhouse than others, I think this is one hit a sweet spot for them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There are a number of you tube cover artists I follow. Several of them do frequent collabs. Here's a couple of them together.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Here's one with a bunch of you tubers together. This is maybe one of those songs nobody should try to cover, yet people do, and this is a pretty darn good effort.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Italian goth metal band Lacuna Coil have a few surprising covers they've recorded--Depeche Mode and REM.

Lacuna Coil - Losing My Religion [R.E.M cover] Dark Adrenaline 2012

edit--I thought I'd read that the first video was filmed around Portland, OR. Verified! I froze it at 42 seconds, there's a freeway sign for Hawthorne Blvd and OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). I would guess the stuff later in the video is the Oregon Coast, not that far from PDX.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Here's one from a a Seattle born artist (although mostly raised in LA). I think this used to be a part of her set regularly. I caught her after a LONG hiatus, she unfortunately didn't play this song (or any of her older stuff, but there's a good explanation and long story behind that).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought I was done, but one more. The original was included in "The Lost Boys" movie soundtrack. This cover is from the soundtrack from a recent Netflix movie.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang it, can't stay away. Another Petty tune. I'm interpreting this thread as the original song is rock, but the cover can be another genre.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
there are no musical instruments used in this version
I know acapella artists can create some amazing sound effects with their voices...but you're telling me there are NO drums at all in this song?! :eek: My ears don't believe what they're hearing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How about this? It's original lyrics, but it's a Bob Dylan tune (Desolation Row), everything was done w/ permission. Speaking of Dylan, there's gotta be a ton of covers of his songs, have we not seen any yet?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are many covers of this song. I've seen Kasey do it several times, she rocks it (she hasn't been to the U.S. in years though, long overdue). As she said everything sounds better w/ banjo!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, speaking of Dylan. I heard this song and loved it, didn't know it wasn't an original. A whole bunch of other people have recorded it as well. This is still by far my favorite after having tried a bunch of others.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'll dare to post another cover of an iconic Queen song. The band is In This Moment, but the song features guest vocals from the lead singers of 2 other bands--Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless. This lyric video has a handy guide to tell you which singer you are hearing on the verses and choruses.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't know if these appeared on albums earlier, but Letters to Cleo had a couple nice covers featured in the movie "10 Things I Hate About You." That was my first exposure to the band.

This one includes some scenes from the movie. Very much NOT in high def.

Letters To Cleo - Cruel To Be Kind

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom