Best Covers of Rock Songs | The Boneyard

Best Covers of Rock Songs

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I love seeing others cover rock hits and one of the best covers of the classic song In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly is by Sina and friends. At the time that this was produced Sina was 18 and the lead guitarist Andre was 16.

I hope you enjoy and have some that you like.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
By far the best cover I've ever heard of this rock classic which many have deemed uncoverable.

Ann Wilson hits the vocals out of the park, the arrangement is amazing, and the late Zeppelin drummer's son is on the drums. Oh, and Plant, Page and Jones just happen to be watching.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This may seem strange to some but my favorite, I can't find to present here. It was 1967 and the Box Tops were getting a ton of air time for their hit song The Letter. It made #1 for four weeks in the summer of 67.
Outdoor concert in Middletown Ct with The Wild Weeds, a CT band getting notice with their own song No Good To Cry getting to #88 on the Bill Board charts.
The locals will know this was Big Al Anderson just before NRBQ and their run of success. We all left the show talking about nothing but how well they covered The Letter. A little from Christine on the Weeds.

OK original and best cover after The Wild Weeds... ;)

Not sure if there is room for the original but...

Reaction Score
Outdoor concert in Middletown Ct with The Wild Weeds, a CT band getting notice with their own song No Good To Cry getting to #88 on the Bill Board charts.
I remember them, good song, I used to hear it on WBZ AM - radio 1030....!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Another one from Sina and her friends with the cover of Heart's Barracuda. Believe it or not Victoria K was only 12 at the time this was done. All of the others are only teenagers.

Wow! She's really channeling Ann on the vocals.

Reaction Score
Orianthi (lead guitar for Carrie Underwood, Michael Jackson, Alice Cooper, Michael Bolton and many others) covering Stevie Ray Vaughan's cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child".

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I saw them do this live. It's on You Tube from the show I was at, but the audio quality is meh. In person, it sounded awesome. They brought the house down. This is better quality, but not the show I was at. Actually I think I saw them do it twice. They played 2 shows in Seattle in less than a year, I think they played it each time. Anyway, some normally mellow folkies cutting loose and rockin' out.

edit--the accoustic guitar intro doesn't really do it, skip over that part so you can hear some vocals

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom