Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

Reaction Score
Most overrated food ever created. I hate them.

If I want to eat something as heavy and sweet as a birthday cake for breakfast, Ill eat a frickin Birthday cake.
But what about birthday cake pancakes?

D779D53A-38EC-49CD-899E-0CAA9DD92E60.jpeg

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I can never eat more than a few bites of a big, diner-style pancake
Maybe it’s for another thread, but I vastly prefer smaller pancakes to dinner plate sized pancakes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
New restaurant opened in East Hampton during the COVID "shutdown" called Sweet Jeans Cafe. Pretty quality BEC for a good price.

Reaction Score
This guy was a legend. Worked the graveyard shift at Garden Catering. I grew up right near the OG Garden Catering and visiting him frequently during some late nights/early mornings. Class act.

One story I'll always remember: my friends and I were walking the streets of Old Greenwich and noticed the lights were on at Garden Catering. Walking up to the door, Hotsy was working the pots and burners solo, but the door was locked. Knocking on the door, we asked if we could come in early. At first, he politely declined but after some fun pleading from us, he gruffly smiled unlocked the door and he led in five wily college kids at 3 AM. Once the door opened, we started a gradually crescendoing chant: "Hotsy, Hotsy Hotsy". The normally tough guy couldn't help but crack a smile.

Here's what you should do this Sunday. Drive down to Old Greenwich's Garden Catering, order a Hotsy and then spend your morning/afternoon at Tod's Point. Greenwich's town beach opens to the public starting November 1st and already planned my morning coffee/hotsy/beach walk for Sunday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The Old Mystic Country Store makes a great breakfast sandwich. It's about a mile off route 95 exit 90 but well worth the short detour.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Old Mystic Country Store makes a great breakfast sandwich. It's about a mile off route 95 exit 90 but well worth the short detour.

thats really funny. Was there saturday morning. It was good.

off topic, but in mystic there is an Italian place I went to later in the day called "Bravo Bravo" the Ciopinno was tremendous. And everyone else at table was loving their dishes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of the other offshoots of Garden Catering there are. I know Reddi Rooster in Stamford off high ridge was one, I think. Chicken Joe's also in Greenwich in Cos Cob was the big one. They may have a few more locations. I always really liked the chili at Hubba's in Port Chester which also used to be in Stamford downtown probably 15 years ago before become Capprichio Cafe. I dont think they ever did breakfast sandwiches but they did a great Texas burger which was just adding chili and onions to it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Here's what you should do this Sunday. Drive down to Old Greenwich's Garden Catering, order a Hotsy and then spend your morning/afternoon at Tod's Point. Greenwich's town beach opens to the public starting November 1st and already planned my morning coffee/hotsy/beach walk for Sunday morning.
I was just planning this and was bummed to discover that, as of today, they have extended the ban on out-of-towners to November 30th, meaning that it is still residents only until then.

Bummer.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of the other offshoots of Garden Catering there are. I know Reddi Rooster in Stamford off high ridge was one, I think. Chicken Joe's also in Greenwich in Cos Cob was the big one. They may have a few more locations. I always really liked the chili at Hubba's in Port Chester which also used to be in Stamford downtown probably 15 years ago before become Capprichio Cafe. I dont think they ever did breakfast sandwiches but they did a great Texas burger which was just adding chili and onions to it.

Chicken Joe is not associated with Garden Catering. Joe ran Vinny's Pizza in PC with his brother Ricky for many years. Open until 5 am on weekend for a slice after Marty's, 7 Willow Street or The Beat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chicken Joe is not associated with Garden Catering. Joe ran Vinny's Pizza in PC with his brother Richy for many years. Open until 5 am on weekend for a snack after Marty's, 7 Willow Street or The Beat.

It's not anymore, Chicken Joe's was Garden Catering until there was some riff and a lawsuit. Their menu's are virtually identical minus the name changes. Looks like Wally's Chicken in Storrs was the Garden Catering owners son trying to open the place in Storrs.

August_West

Reaction Score

theres one on chapel in New Hay

Reaction Score
I was just planning this and was bummed to discover that, as of today, they have extended the ban on out-of-towners to November 30th, meaning that it is still residents only until then.

Bummer.

Thanks for sharing. Better to be disappointed now than disappointed at the gates of the beach. I'll still head down to get a Hotsy.

On that note @8893, pick up a Hotsy and then go to the Mianus River Park. Or, Binney Park nearby is a totally decent small park.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ever been there? I have not. It looks like they are not open for breakfast and have no breakfast sandwich menu, so I don't know how they could be participating in this tomorrow. I may need to do some recon at lunch today.

Check the breakfast all day tab but you are correct on hours:

August_West

Reaction Score
Ever been there? I have not. It looks like they are not open for breakfast and have no breakfast sandwich menu, so I don't know how they could be participating in this tomorrow. I may need to do some recon at lunch today.

I had the chicken sandwich not to long ago when I was still going in to meet Perzin. It was very good. Have not had the hotsy..

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I was going to go to my usual East of the River diabtribe about the barren cultural wasteland it is out there across the mighty Connecticut, but remembered I no longer can do that. Yikes.

I can't believe you are wasting your time in the BEC thread when Inspire is in negotiations to acquire Dunkin :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom