Best Answer to "How long can this continue?" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Answer to "How long can this continue?"

Reaction Score
Agree with the one game at a time. The last loss was a shock - an undefeated NC team coming off an incredible shooting night against UC Davis in their first game of the new year with Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck, and KML and they laid an egg against a 'rebuilding' Stanford team. Just remember that.

If they get through this year (and I am not counting on that) next year's team is going to have some serious growing pains as all the new pieces get shoe-horned into a strong returning core. That core group is going to have adjustments to make - each year is a new dynamic.

Be bold, young man. Next year's team will be a wonder. Only Grand Canyon U. will want to play us (or someone in an equally deep hole). BUT you're right: this year is not a given. There are still teams out there with the talent to beat us. However, while this team may theoretically be beaten, I'm betting they won't LET it happen . . . :)

Reaction Score
If they don't lose this year they will have basically the same team along with one of the top ten players in college ball, an experienced rebounding forward, argueably the best high school player in the country and three other top high school recruits....the question is which if any of the other top ten teams are going to be as improved next year
Who is one of the top ten players in college ball? You mean Walker? Not sure how much of a factor she will be as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Who is one of the top ten players in college ball? You mean Walker? Not sure how much of a factor she will be as a freshman.

pretty sure he is referring to Azura Stevens.... and yes, Walker is going to have to earn her playing time, but if she is as good as advertised she should be a factor next year even as a reserve/bench player..

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Also don't sleep on Ms. Coombs, Ms. Gordon or Ms. Hunter. One or all 3 WILL surprise us during her freshman year.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I worry less about the next loss than I do the probability that when that loss occurs, many on the BY will vent their rage on the UConn kids. Or on each other.

Reaction Score
I worry less about the next loss than I do the probability that when that loss occurs, many on the BY will vent their rage on the UConn kids. Or on each other.
Sadly, disappointment perhaps, but not rage. We love them too much. The Uconn kids, that is.

Reaction Score
Sadly, disappointment perhaps, but not rage. We love them too much. The Uconn kids, that is.
The important streak that Stewie, Moriah, and Morgan left this team with is 24, continue that, and nothing else matters.

Reaction Score
pretty sure he is referring to Azura Stevens... and yes, Walker is going to have to earn her playing time, but if she is as good as advertised she should be a factor next year even as a reserve/bench player..
I'm gonna reserve judgement on Stevens until I see her in action in the UConn system. She was a top 30 recruit out of high school (basically ranked between Bria Hartley and Stef Dolson for reference) so I'm not doubting that she has talent, but it's not like she was a top 5 or 10 in her class either. We already have the #2 recruit in the country coming off the bench this year and the #1 recruit coming off the bench next season. Where Stevens and Camara fit into that mix we shall see.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna reserve judgement on Stevens until I see her in action in the UConn system. She was a top 30 recruit out of high school (basically ranked between Bria Hartley and Stef Dolson for reference) so I'm not doubting that she has talent, but it's not like she was a top 5 or 10 in her class either. We already have the #2 recruit in the country coming off the bench this year and the #1 recruit coming off the bench next season. Where Stevens and Camara fit into that mix we shall see.

There's a big difference between an unproven top recruit and someone who's already averaged 19 and 10 in a major conference.

And this also isn't like KO on the men's side talking about a "Ferrari in the garage" (Rodney Purvis).

Stevens should be the real deal.

Reaction Score
We had injury and foul trouble and still won the game by 11. Until another good team can keep the hammer down for the full 40, the Huskies have more in the tank. Chong's emergence and Nat's improvement gives us a better chance when circumstances combine to put us in a difficult spot. But a thin team will always be vulnerable, less so with Geno, but still a question mark. But I agree, one game at a time and let the prognosticators talk about 2019, and beyond.

Reaction Score
There's a big difference between an unproven top recruit and someone who's already averaged 19 and 10 in a major conference.

And this also isn't like KO on the men's side talking about a "Ferrari in the garage" (Rodney Purvis).

Stevens should be the real deal.
Butler averaged I think 14 and 13 in her freshman season before coming to UConn, so caution flags are warranted in my opinion. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Reaction Score
Butler averaged I think 14 and 13 in her freshman season before coming to UConn, so caution flags are warranted in my opinion. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Big East is a far cry from the ACC in WBB.

Stevens was also an honorable mention All-American, so considered a top 20 player in the country.

Reaction Score
We all know it could be any given night, but the streak will probably last years with the recruiting. The big question I had all season was " How will they do when KLS has a horrible shooting night" Question answered, Find a way to win by double digits. Nothing can stop them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom