Best Answer to "How long can this continue?" | The Boneyard

Best Answer to "How long can this continue?"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Steve Levy asked the question to Maya Moore and Brianna Stewart. "How long can this continue?"

Stewie's Spontaneous Answer How high can you count?

How would you have answered the question??

Reaction Score
If they don't lose this year they will have basically the same team along with one of the top ten players in college ball, an experienced rebounding forward, argueably the best high school player in the country and three other top high school recruits................the question is which if any of the other top ten teams are going to be as improved next year

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Here's the clip, for anyone who might've missed it:

:)

Reaction Score
Until Geno starts to wind down and high school recruits figure he won't be there for their entire 4 years. that's the outer limit; the realistic limit is a combination of injury or illness,weird referee calls, transfers out, and/or a bad shooting night playing away.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting that I am getting alot of deep analysis which is certainly appreciated. I had intended the question
to explore spontaneous answers during a televised interview which replicated Stewie and Maya's environment but of course, all responses are welcome.

Reaction Score
If no one beats them this season they will not lose the next 2 years because kls will be too good her junior and senior years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How long will it take Kia's ankle to be solidly sound? That's the near term highest vulnerability of this team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the clip, for anyone who might've missed it:

:)

Weird, the video link isn't show up for me. Here's a link to the page. Click me.

It's a fun clip. Maya is so well spoken and polished. It seems like just yesterday she arrived on campus.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"As long as it can."

oracle 2.jpg

Reaction Score
I can realistically see them winning out this year and going undefeated over the next two years. Especially if Stevens comes back for the second year. That puts the streak at 192. I don't think Kara's 200 estimate is to for off.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Undefeated seasons and BIG threes are becoming common place at UConn. We enjoyed an undefeated season last year, and are in the throngs of another one THIS year. We just said goodbye to the most accomplished BIG 3 in UConn women's basketball lore. As luck (or design) would have it, we have a new "Core 4" that the baton was passed to, and is now running with it.
The perception among the most astute and learned boneyard members is that beginning next year, with the talent Geno has coming in, combined with what he has coming back, UConn will have one of the most formidable teams during his tenure. A very strong starting 5, and a very deep and talented bench. The gap between UConn and the field that closed a little this year, will widen again.
As Kara Lawson said last year during the final four........there's UConn, a big gap, then there's everybody else.

Query - I wonder how many programs have been calling Geno to get on his schedule for the next 4 years, like they were for THIS year, knowing the Juggernaut he's projected to put on the floor next season?

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Uh, thanks Jimbo, but, uh..
..methinks I missed it again!
Yeah sorry, I swear this fancy embedded video worked fine on my phone (and it still shows up there), but here on my laptop I can't see it either. :confused:

Here's a link that should work. :)

Reaction Score
Thanks! Great clip!

Geno to team: "Hey, do you guys want to have something that Maya Moore doesn't have??"

Classic!

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I know you wanted some quick response like Stewey but the question can be pondered in a more literal sense. I am amazed by the streak as much as the next person and agree with Molly Q that it is great for women's basketball and sports in general but there are roadblocks to an undefeated season this year and next for that matter.

Consider:

1. They have survived the injury and sickness bug so far. They can not afford anybody getting seriously injured. Even with Kia injured, in a game in which it was thought that she could have made an impact.Nat didn't see action until late. He trusts 6, maybe Nat in a pinch.

2. They have withstood spotty officiating in several games so far. Hopefully that continues but that is a tangible that can't be controlled.

3. As Dawn demonstrated, the blueprint to beat the Huskies is becoming defined. Being physical, slowing the game down are just two parts to the equation.

4. Next year is no guarantee as everybody says. Yes, UConn is loaded but so is Texas, Baylor, ND, SC and Maryland to name a few. I hope they all want to play next year during the regular season. It would be a great watch again.

Again, this is really fun. Just pump the brakes a little.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Agree with the one game at a time. The last loss was a shock - an undefeated NC team coming off an incredible shooting night against UC Davis in their first game of the new year with Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck, and KML and they laid an egg against a 'rebuilding' Stanford team. Just remember that.

If they get through this year (and I am not counting on that) next year's team is going to have some serious growing pains as all the new pieces get shoe-horned into a strong returning core. That core group is going to have adjustments to make - each year is a new dynamic.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Once in a Blue Moon. Five probable ones in the next 11 years. I'll settle for the one on December 31, 2028.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom