Best All-Time College Basketball Program: Sweet 16 - UCONN vs Indiana | The Boneyard

Best All-Time College Basketball Program: Sweet 16 - UCONN vs Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That should not be a sweet 16 match up.
It absolutely should not be a sweet 16. If it is an 8-9, both schools were disrespected with their seeds. If it is anything else, one school was grossly disrespected.

Reaction Score

This is the whole field. Don't know how the slots were picked, but clearly it's not traditional seeding

Reaction Score
I think the top seeds are fine, and Louisville and Kansas as #2 seeds is also fine, but the other two #2 seeds should be us and Indiana. Oklahoma and NC State are both ludicrous choices for that. And I don't know what the hell San Francisco is doing on there. It looks like they put every team with multiple titles on there, but San Francisco hasn't won a tournament game in nearly 40 years. At this point, it doesn't matter how good they were in the 50s.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Looks like how he how layed out his seeds is inconsistent throughout the bracket.

He has us as a 3 behind Ohio State and Indiana. Indiana fine, but Ohio State? Lol.

Reaction Score
Nice to see us take down Indiana. Now the real question: can we upset UCLA and get to a Final Four? We need to stuff that ballot like Royals fans!

Reaction Score
Nice to see us take down Indiana. Now the real question: can we upset UCLA and get to a Final Four? We need to stuff that ballot like Royals fans!
If we do upset UCLA that would be ludicrous

Reaction Score
Also depends on whether you are RT or Fav.

Much easier to FAV.

I rarely Retweet cuz I don't want to bother people's feeds.

Reaction Score
Yes, but retweeting it bring it to the attention of other people who might vote for your team.

Excellent point! If you have several UConn basketball friend followers, then retweet away.

Reaction Score
I rarely Retweet cuz I don't want to bother people's feeds.

Sucks for the older (i.e. AARP) generation. We are technically 'ineligible' or 'incompetent' to participate. I didn't even know what RT meant and how it applies to FAV (favorite).

In fact what the hell is this all about anyway?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Regardless of how you want to value the fifties and prior, the top four should be (Likely in this order) UCLA, Kentucky, UNC & Duke. The next four should be (order up for debate) us, Kansas, Indiana & Louisville. After that there is a ton of room for debate as to who belongs where as it is pretty much a cluster f*&k of schools vying for the next dozen spots.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@SportsFaceoffs: •Best College Basketball Program of All-Time
•Final Four
RT for Duke Blue Devils
FAV for Connecticut Huskies http://post original url/nUnRNbn8ip

Reaction Score
Regardless of how you want to value the fifties and prior, the top four should be (Likely in this order) UCLA, Kentucky, UNC & Duke. The next four should be (order up for debate) us, Kansas, Indiana & Louisville. After that there is a ton of room for debate as to who belongs where as it is pretty much a cluster f*&k of schools vying for the next dozen spots.

UCLA would be the only one up for debate of those 4. I mean yeah they had great players and won a trillion games during the Wizard's years but they also were the only game in town and were openly cheating with everyone turning a blind eye. And reality is since parity has existed in men's basketball, minus their 95 title they've been very inconsistent since Wooden's years. Probably deserve it still but of all of them there could be an argument.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
UCLA would be the only one up for debate of those 4. I mean yeah they had great players and won a trillion games during the Wizard's years but they also were the only game in town and were openly cheating with everyone turning a blind eye. And reality is since parity has existed in men's basketball, minus their 95 title they've been very inconsistent since Wooden's years. Probably deserve it still but of all of them there could be an argument.
Fair points but in UCLA's defense, Sam Gilbert didn't become godfather to their players until after (Alcindor) Kareem arrived so the first two titles would still be valid and at least a couple of the subsequent eight (along with '95) were likely inevitable. Even if UCLA were to be dropped from the top four I don't see them dropping from the top eight. Once you get beyond the eight schools I mentioned, there are many schools whose resumes are pretty similar (and somewhat mediocre when compared to the first eight).

Reaction Score
For the record, we blew UCLA out of the water in that basketball brackets tournament. On to UNC!

Reaction Score
Come on fellas were getting creamed

@NBA_Brackets: -Best All-Time College Basketball Program-
Final 4

RT - Uconn

Fav - UNC http://post original url/gy901ODBLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors