Beside Tate George's, what was the greatest shot in UConn history | The Boneyard

Beside Tate George's, what was the greatest shot in UConn history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You could make a case for for Emeka's (Duke/2004) put back or Brimah's (St. Joe's/2014).

But I think the greatest shot in UConn history is the three pointer that Arizona missed at the end of the game in 2011.

Reaction Score
You could make a case for for Emeka's (Duke/2004) put back or Brimah's (St. Joe's/2014).

But I think the greatest shot in UConn history is the three pointer that Arizona missed at the end of the game in 2011.

this reeks of "trying too hard".

U

UCONNfan1

I was going to vote for Kemba's ankle breaking step back to beat Pitt in the BET. But it's hard to pick one. How about top 5 all time clutch shots??!

Tate's shot worth another look... And that play is dead if QB Burrell doesn't throw a perfect touchdown pass!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Rip vs udub. Napier's deep three over MSU . Kemba vs Pitt . Ray over Iverson

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anderson's three to put the game within four with around 3 min left in the Uconn/Duke 04 semi-final. If I recall correctly, Duke was was very close making it a nine-pt gm but their shot barely missed and good 'ol #31 shot it from the baseline to bring it to 4. It was pretty much a five-point swing...

Reaction Score
Anderson's three to put the game within four with around 3 min left in the Uconn/Duke 04 semi-final. If I recall correctly, Duke was was very close making it a nine-pt gm but their shot barely missed and good 'ol #31 shot it from the baseline to bring it to 4. It was pretty much a five-point swing...
gallery15.jpg

Reaction Score
I loved Kemba's crossover pull up to win against Pitt. Old school Big East bball in the Garden.

Reaction Score
Khalid El Amin's two free throws to put UConn up 3 over Duke in 99

Reaction Score
For grander significance, you can make a case for Tate George's other shot - the one to beat West Virginia in the first round of the 1988 NIT. Without that, no NIT run, no state fanbase going crazy at winning a second-tier title (seems so quaint, now), perhaps no Scott Burrell.

In terms of sheer artistry, we may watch basketball a long time and never see another play where someone makes a guy fall down on a buzzer beater.

A forgotten pass/shot: Rip to Jake (dump down pass off a curl screen) with about a minute to go against Gonzaga when it was a two point game and we desperately needed to hold them off. That made the lead four and was followed by a double-clutch three by Quentin Hall to cut it to 1. Then four foul shots later, we won by 5. Without that Jake bucket...(shudder).

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I remember an Irish whiskey I had in a UConn shot glass that was pretty great!

Reaction Score
In video form:

Rip Hamilton defeats UW - Become Legendary:

Reaction Score
For grander significance, you can make a case for Tate George's other shot - the one to beat West Virginia in the first round of the 1988 NIT. Without that, no NIT run, no state fanbase going crazy at winning a second-tier title (seems so quaint, now), perhaps no Scott Burrell.

In terms of sheer artistry, we may watch basketball a long time and never see another play where someone makes a guy fall down on a buzzer beater.

A forgotten pass/shot: Rip to Jake (dump down pass off a curl screen) with about a minute to go against Gonzaga when it was a two point game and we desperately needed to hold them off. That made the lead four and was followed by a double-clutch three by Quentin Hall to cut it to 1. Then four foul shots later, we won by 5. Without that Jake bucket...(shudder).
I have a video of the Tate George shot that I am going to upload soon.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Rip's huge 3 late in the '99 Championship game. It just made me feel that UCONN could actually pull it off. That was so sweet!

"The kids said they wanted Duke instead of Michigan State, I gave them the wise head nod," said Calhoun. "But the kids knew better. If they wanted to be the best, they had to beat the best, and tonight, they beat the best team. And tonight, we're the best team. They truly believed this was all possible."

Richard Hamilton, who finished with 27 points, made two free throws with 3:50 to play to put Connecticut ahead for good. He added a clutch 3-pointer 21 seconds later to make it 73-68 and was named Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four, scoring 51 points in the two games.

"You can't describe it, I still don't understand what we accomplished," said Hamilton. "It's happy to put a smile on the coaches' faces."

"I think the Duke fans couldn't believe it, I looked into the section and they were shocked," said Huskies guard Khalid El-Amin. "That felt good to us. I can't take anything away from them, but we played better over the 40 minutes."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ba...boards/1999/03/29/recap.duke.connecticut.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To me it was KEAs floater... Think you can throw Boat's pull up over Randle in there too. That essentially iced the game.

Reaction Score

Rip's last second basket against Washington.

Reaction Score
Bazz hit a ton of big time shots in the MSU game - the three when we were down nine and the game looked to be slipping away, the pull-up with less than two minutes left to build the lead back to four, and then the three free throws with 30 seconds left that iced the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom