Benedict Wants Meeting With Aresco On Remaining In AAC For Football | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Benedict Wants Meeting With Aresco On Remaining In AAC For Football

Reaction Score
Holy Cow what a cluster. That’s nice AD Dave, you would like to have a conversation. What a joke. Trying to figure out who was a bigger clown - Hathaway, Manuel, or Benedict. Incompetence at its finest.

He wants to sit down with Aresco. Is this real?
UConn is a founding member of the Big East turned AAC and has a longer history in a single conference than anyone related to the Big East, new or old. UConn has a right and an obligation to speak to Aresco about it.

Reaction Score
It’s an academic question what is the value of our property on SNY as a standalone versus a reduced payout as a member of the AAC.

What if the AAC says you can stay but you get a half million bucks a year?
I think it makes more sense for everyone involved to get no money, but give SNY/Fox the rights to broadcast our home games. So more of a scheduling agreement than membership.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And if the AAC doesnt make a big move to find a replacement its kind of indicative of the notion that everyone knows more CRA is just around the corner, so why invite someone for what might be 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The biggest reason why the AAC won't agree is they have five or so schools that are potential P5'ers. If they assist us in keeping our P5 hopes alive, we become another competitor for an elusive P5 spot. What if we start killing it in BB and football again? With us out there as an Independent, we are no threat to them for a P5 spot. If they let us stay in, we're another P5 competitor. That's why they'll never allow it.

Reaction Score
The biggest reason why the AAC won't agree is they have five or so schools that are potential P5'ers. If they assist us in keeping our P5 hopes alive, we become another competitor for an elusive P5 spot. What if we start killing it in BB and football again? With us out there as an Independent, we are no threat to them for a P5 spot. If they let us stay in, we're another P5 competitor. That's why they'll never allow it.
I don’t see how this matters. If any AAC school gets poached it’s game over any ways. Leaving out UConn just gives you one less brand. It’s a quicker death that way.

Reaction Score
The AAC may have a duty to mitigate damages. UConn is giving them a chance to keep UConn FB. If they say no, this may impact negotiations on an exit fee.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We do. They are scrambling. Blindsided. We knew - Aresco didn’t. l-o-l.

we had multiple people post it here and the brilliant tv man didn’t know

Aresco has shown how much of a moron he is when he talked up our deal like we robbed ESPN and then we saw the deal and threw up in our mouths.

For AAC, I do think it’s easier to at least give us 2020. We’ll make more money as an AD in the Big East. If we can even just get 2020, it’s a fine move. We just can’t go a year where we can’t fill out a full schedule, because this program is too fragile to survive that.

Reaction Score
Everyone here is very familiar with how badly the conference is run and how big a doofus Aresco is.

It would not surprise me one bit if they play themselves here we stay in the AAC.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don’t see how this matters. If any AAC school gets poached it’s game over any ways. Leaving out UConn just gives you one less brand. It’s a quicker death that way.

If you and five other people applied for the same job, and it was your dream job that would set you up for life financially, what would you do if you and four of the other five applicants had a foolproof way to disqualify job applicant No. 6? You'd act in concert with your other four job applcants to send No. 6 packing, right? That increases the odds of getting the job from 16 to 20 percent for the five of you who are left in the running.

That's what the AAC will do to UConn. Losing one more team, let's say UCF, is irrelevant. Losing UConn isn't harming them. They lose two or three teams, then they have a problem, but so what? Those teams move on to greener pastures, and the rest of the league has to find replacement schools, or the league folds.

Reaction Score
It would be hard to get a 12th football member for 2020 unless you dip down into the less desirable schools like Marshall, FIU, FAU, Southern Miss., Georgia St.

I just looked at BYU's future schedules. It seems like they really couldn't join the AAC until 2024 at the earliest. In 2020, they have 6 P5 schools scheduled (Utah, Mich. St., Arizona St., Minnesota, Missouri, and Stanford) as well as Houston, Utah St., Boise St., Northern Illinois, and San Diego St. If you are undefeated or a one loss team with that schedule, you are probably going to the playoffs.

Army is problematic because of the Army/Navy game played in December could not be a conference game. Due to the history of the Army/Navy game, and the recent success of Army playing a lesser schedule than Navy, I think it would be impossible for Army to become a conference mate with Navy.

Reaction Score
We do. They are scrambling. Blindsided. We knew - Aresco didn’t. l-o-l.

we had multiple people post it here and the brilliant tv man didn’t know
That's the best part. It's been mentioned by multiple posters from the most absurd sources. I was impressed that UConn kept it under wraps as long as they did, but Im more impressed by how inept Aresco is. Good riddance, I hope we bend you over for football scheduling because you showed up with your pants down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Holy Cow what a cluster. That’s nice AD Dave, you would like to have a conversation. What a joke. Trying to figure out who was a bigger clown - Hathaway, Manuel, or Benedict. Incompetence at its finest.

He wants to sit down with Aresco. Is this real?
Hathaway. You're welcome.

Reaction Score
An AAC schedule Just through 2020 would be coup for UConn. Time to workout independent schedules and time to work with Fox and SNY to set up something profitable. I see no way that the AAC lets UConn stay as a permanent football member. That is worth being part of the negotiations for the exit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom