Benedict Wants Meeting With Aresco On Remaining In AAC For Football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Benedict Wants Meeting With Aresco On Remaining In AAC For Football

Reaction Score
Win, win, for the AAC and UConn because:
The AAC retains a program seemingly turning the corner; and
UConn's improvement will strengthen the league's overall rating; and
The AAC schedules have been set for several years and won't have to be revised; and
The AAC can restrict or deny bowl revenue sharing for a set period of time; and
UConn will have a good football schedule for a set number of years; and
UConn will have time to transition to another league/build a good independent schedule;
UConn will save on travel expenses for non-football sports;
UConn will be free to sell their lower tier games in all sports to SNY or other outlets;
UConn will (if its fans really are rabid) increase ticket sales back toward OBE levels; and
UConn "can live off the fat of the land", Lenny.

Reaction Score
We could adjust the deal with Big East -- baseball soccer etc. could stay with AAC as well as football.
That's against NCAA rules. The only sport that can be in a separate conference is football, all other sports have to be in one conference if it is offered. Many people are in favor of doing away with that as it will allow rationalization and making single sports leagues.

Reaction Score
So the "plan" is to beg the AAC to stay. And somehow Fox will help with this. Because ... networks. I guess it's a plan. Of sorts. I can imagine two responses:

1. Dear Dave. Go intercourse yourself. Regards, Mike.

2. Sure. We can talk about it. But all of your games will be away games. And your out-of-pocket cost to the AAC will be (say) $250K. Per game. Yes, you heard me. You pay us. Is that an acceptable basis for negotiation?

Good grief. This is not a plan. This is an admission of no plan whatsoever.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
the worst most pointless troll we’ve ever had
Howza bout billybud? We need reminding 4 times a day across multiple boards that we aren't ever getting into the ACC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys are taking Benedict way too seriously. Of course there is no path to staying in the AAC - he is flipping them the bird again.

Their options are horrendous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Howza bout billybud? We need reminding 4 times a day across multiple boards that we aren't ever getting into the ACC.

he at least is sincere in his weird obsessions. this is someone who has been pretending to be a uconn fan for a while who just posts nonsense.

Reaction Score
So the "plan" is to beg the AAC to stay. And somehow Fox will help with this. Because ... networks. I guess it's a plan. Of sorts. I can imagine two responses:

1. Dear Dave. Go intercourse yourself. Regards, Mike.

2. Sure. We can talk about it. But all of your games will be away games. And your out-of-pocket cost to the AAC will be (say) $250K. Per game. Yes, you heard me. You pay us. Is that an acceptable basis for negotiation?

Good grief. This is not a plan. This is an admission of no plan whatsoever.
Not beg. The plan is to say to the AAC, after the NCAA has shot down their attempt to play with 11 and their attempts to add Army/BYU/Boise fail, "are you dumb enough to add Buffalo?"

Reaction Score
he at least is sincere in his weird obsessions. this is someone who has been pretending to be a uconn fan for a while who just posts nonsense.
Talk about obsessions, when was the last time the Whalers played a game in Hartford?

Reaction Score
AD Dave gotta be the dumbest AD in the history of ADs. There’s less than a 0% chance this happens.

Reaction Score
All part of the negotiation. AAC says that football is the driver and UConn's basketball departure is insignificant in the ESPN package. UConn comes back and says "OK, if that is the case we will stay in for football (for 2 years??) at reduced payment and will take no bowl payments".

UConn truly just needs a 2020 schedule and then could make being independent work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom