Benedict today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Benedict today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As long as there are those of us still buying season tickets..we will be able to bitch! I know I will still be in for my 2 seats.
Good news, you and your seatmate will have tons of room to spread out

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Benedict should be canned. If his first major decision as AD is to give this clown a raise with a huge buyout off a 6-7 season, then I don't need to see his second decision.

I know you think he is oblivious like you think most are at UConn right now but he knows as he didn't get stupid travelling north to Connecticut from Alabama.

Reaction Score
I know you think he is oblivious like you think most are at UConn right now but he knows as he didn't get stupid travelling north to Connecticut from Alabama.
Uconnbill.... cold temperatures lead to Brain freeze

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
My guess is he is back. If they were going to can him it would have been done by now. Only hope now is that they put so many conditions on his coaching staff selections that he feels it is unpalatable and decides to negotiate a walk. Unless he goes 7-8 wins next season he is gone at that point but our long national nightmare will continue for another year.

What if they've decided to fire him on Jan 1 at the reduced buyout? It doesn't seem as if they could announce it now without triggering the higher buyout amount. We may very well be sitting around until then with no word from anybody about anything. The only other alternative is the dreaded vote of confidence now, but I doubt they'd want to do that and then turn around and can him on Jan 1, even though that's what usually happens with the vote of confidence. It does present something of a PR problem when it's done that way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As I mentioned in another thread - hire an OC you expect to name head coach early next season. That way, you can give him a tryout before going into next offseason with a coaching vacancy.

Diaco is so obviously not the answer, but that $5 million buyout is a lot to absorb for an athletic department that's bleeding money.
Yeah, 'cause that worked out so well for TJ Weist.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Different AD, and in hindsight he probably would have been better than what we currently have.
I think Weist was in an impossible position. It would be the same for anyone who became OC for Diaco.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
You sound just like Carrol O'Connor in Kelly's Heroes - lol
If I'm Carrol O'Connor (General Colt), then Goofy Bob is Oddball. In fact, you've inspired me to present a short "if UConn football was Kelly's Heroes" allegorical drama. Imagine Goofy Bob is Oddball, "the tank" is the sport of football and Big Joe (Telly Savalas) is AD Benedict. Enjoy:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Based on our ADs lack of any public statement to this point, I'm pretty sure I'm done buying season tickets to any sport. I will spend my money elsewhere until he is also gone.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You seem like a rational and level-headed person.
I am. And I'm not sure what about that decision makes me less so. It's a personal decision to not allow others bad decisions to effect my life anymore than I need them to.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I am. And I'm not sure what about that decision makes me less so. It's a personal decision to not allow others bad decisions to effect my life anymore than I need them to.
Based on whether a press release is published out the Monday after the season ends? Whatever floats your boat.

C

Chief00

He was named acting President when Hogan moved on to Illinois. While he was Acting President Edsall left and they were doing a search....Herbst was hired on 12/20/2010 and assumed her role of President on 6/1/2011...she was still working in her job as Vice Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer of the University of Georgia System when Pasqualoni was hired on 1/13/2011. I remember clearly in his introductory presser that Hathaway saying that she was consulted but that he and Austin made the decision to hire P. But don't let the facts or truth get in your way because I know you have serious dislike for the woman.
I don't disliked anyone - just think a highly compensated executive should be held accountable for results.

Reaction Score
I don't disliked anyone - just think a highly compensated executive should be held accountable for results.
Well on The Pasqualoni hiring go after Austin, Hathaway, and your boy Larry McHugh.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
McHugh is complicit in a lot of malfeasance but seems to skate, as memories fade. Good 'ole boy network and tbe HS coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom