Benedict to be on WTIC Today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Benedict to be on WTIC Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gresh is hanging on to Benedict's statement that we need to dominate the league that we are in like a dog on a bone.

You mean like Saracuse did or Rutgers did? Gresh is a walking, talking P.O.S.!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Gresh: "Other than the UConn women, I don't see a lot of coverage of UConn inside of NYC."

Nope. There isn't. Our men's bball, football and hockey all got kicked off of SNY.

He claims there's no coverage of UConn because we're not on MSG...

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My final thought before I get in my car (and turn on WEEI and not think another second about Andy Gresh): He keeps on referencing Benedict's statement of [paraphrase] "Dominate the conference we are in."

Gresh interprets this as Benedict think UConn is staying in the AAC for the foreseeable future. He also says that UConn is where it is because it is not yet P-5 ready, without regard to outside influences (you all know what they are. I won't list them.).

Finally, what is Gresh talking about UConn's facilities for as if they are DIII level? Gampel is being addressed this summer and the football and basketball practice facilities are state of the art.

On the flip side of the above coin is that Benedict thinks UConn needs to dominate their conference, regardless if they are in the AAC, the ACC, Big Ten, or Big XII. I don't think he is allowed to say any different, lest risk openly pining for another conference, which I don't believe is allowed.

UConn is absolutely a P-5 quality program. They are left out for a variety of combinations of reasons. All of them include the Hathaway/Pasqualoni/APR rate + BC (ACC), Location (Big XII), and endowment/AAU status (Big Ten...My preference). Make no mistake that UConn is ready for the call, and I don't think for a second that UConn did not show the writing on the wall to the de facto day-to-day head of athletics (if not in name) at Auburn University.
I called in to contest the dominate piece but got cut off due to a commercial. Gresh was pontificating about facilities and I wanted to say we have them in football and basketball, but need to build up baseball, hockey and softball. But, alas, he is a runaway train. No use wasting my breath on him.

Reaction Score
Side story, UConn's official Twitter tweeted out Benedict's presser quote when he said "this is a P5 all day every day." And the UConn athletics official Twitter account retweeted that. I responded and said "I love that this quote was tweeted by the official UConn Twitter account and retweeted by the official UConn athletics Twitter account." Now, UConn's official Twitter just liked my tweet.

That is a huge statement to me. UConn has never really acknowledged, in an official capacity, that they are P5. They've usually relied on others to say it for them.

I may be reading too much into it. But I think that these tweets and them liking my tweet is pretty significant.
You are

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Finally, what is Gresh talking about UConn's facilities for as if they are DIII level? Gampel is being addressed this summer and the football and basketball practice facilities are state of the art.

I listened to about three minutes and caught that. Gresh literally does not know what he is talking about. It's stunning, really. The guy has been here long enough for us to expect he has studied up just a bit on the local team. Has he ever been to UConn in person? And he doubled up on ignorant a minute later while vamping about teams keeping their hot coach in the fold. He started talking about Edsall and it became apparent he had no clue about Edsall's UConn history. Yet he makes statements based on his own ignorant assumptions and is stunned when UConn Nation calls him on his nonsense. I can't listen to him anymore. I mean I only tuned in to hear Benedect and Gresh's first comments were about Benedict's suit. I hate that crap and changed the channel.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How far down are you?
Gwich area - exit 4. I recall you are in PoCho. PoCho is a good place.

I wish I could listen to more UConn sports, WTIC doesn't work in my car until I get to the tunnel on the Merritt. Pathetic. Meanwhile I can hear WFAN all the way to almost Albany and out to Cape Cod.

Reaction Score
I think we should stop making fun of Gresh. He's obviously got some Downs Syndrome in his DNA:eek:
gresh-side.jpg

Sorry Tom.

Reaction Score
I listened to about three minutes and caught that. Gresh literally does not know what he is talking about. It's stunning, really. The guy has been here long enough for us to expect he has studied up just a bit on the local team. Has he ever been to UConn in person? And he doubled up on ignorant a minute later while vamping about teams keeping their hot coach in the fold. He started talking about Edsall and it became apparent he had no clue about Edsall's UConn history. Yet he makes statements based on his own ignorant assumptions and is stunned when UConn Nation calls him on his nonsense. I can't listen to him anymore. I mean I only tuned in to hear Benedect and Gresh's first comments were about Benedict's suit. I hate that crap and changed the channel.
He played football at URI and graduated in 97...figure he was redshirted so he should have played at UConn in 92, 94 and 96...BUT in 1996 URI had to forfeit their game to UConn due to 31 players being suspended for trashing a frat house.

Reaction Score
He played football at URI and graduated in 97...figure he was redshirted so he should have played at UConn in 92, 94 and 96...BUT in 1996 URI had to forfeit their game to UConn due to 31 players being suspended for trashing a frat house.

My brother was on that 96' URI team. Hysterical.....

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Gresh is a moron. There are 50 fans on this board more capable of hosting a UConn centric radio show and intelligently discussing CRA. He needs to be sacked in the near future. The flagship station for UConn shouldn't have mouthpieces w/o a clue - it's bush league.

Also, UConn really needs some two bit station in FF County to pick up the radio broadcast. Its pathetic that the lower part of this county can't listen to jack squat for live sports radio.

With that being said, I think we should launch a Boneyard podcast...

Reaction Score
I would love for some uconn related sports talk on the way home from white plains everyday. I can get wtic when I hit Norwalk, but I got so so sick of those two.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
News from the car wash is that as predicted in previous threads, B1G or BIG things are coming for this UCONN program and I stand by my source. Print that, Book that, Stamp that and thank that WF Range Rover guy for feeding what many have laughed at or may have hoped to be some what true. Since I have met the guy, every time he said something to me, there has been some sort of shake up at UCONN and within the college framework that points to not if but WHEN the announcement is made, it will be EPIC and in the face of many who said UCONN didn't or doesn't belong in the P5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom