Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
4:06pm with Joe D and our boy Gresh.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
4:06pm with Joe D and our boy Gresh.
Ask him about the vox populi, Gresh.

Since he's coming from the SEC, and they are afraid to ask about UConn to the Big 12, I would like to hear his opinion on any coming breakaway by the P5 from the rest of the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Gresh: "Now the question that all of UConn is wondering about, Mr. Benedict: 'Do you prefer Jonathan XIV or XIII?'"

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Ask him about the vox populi, Gresh.

Since he's coming from the SEC, and they are afraid to ask about UConn to the Big 12, I would like to hear his opinion on any coming breakaway by the P5 from the rest of the NCAA.

Well in his presser, Benedict did refer to it as the "Autonomous Five"

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Do you think they'll mention UConn this time or just ask questions about whether the SEC would trade Auburn for Florida State or some such bullcrap

First question: you were the COO at Auburn. Do you think Auburn/Alabama is a rivalry the B12 would look at and try to bring into the league?

Second question: Is the SEC looking to expand? Florida State maybe?

Third question: Who do you think is more popular in Alabama right now? Cam Newton or Al from Dadeville?

Reaction Score
First question: you were the COO at Auburn. Do you think Auburn/Alabama is a rivalry the B12 would look at and try to bring into the league?

Second question: Is the SEC looking to expand? Florida State maybe?

Third question: Who do you think is more popular in Alabama right now? Cam Newton or Al from Dadeville?
You forgot this one:
Dave do you offhand have Paul Finebaum's number? I want to see if he would like to have a on-air broadcast partner..this market is beneath me

MattMang23

Reaction Score
You forgot this one:
Dave do you offhand have Paul Finebaum's number? I want to see if he would like to have a on-air broadcast partner..this market is beneath me

Or... You worked at VCU and helped oversee its transition from the CAA to the A10 so you have first hand knowledge of what it's like preparing to change conferences. Do you have any advice for Cincinnati since it looks like they're the best choice for the Big XII?

Reaction Score
Benedict better make sure his phone volume is turned almost to mute in preparation for Gresh screaming his stupid questions at him

Don't need him going deaf. He has to be able to hear the Big 12's phone call if it ever comes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Looking for an update of the Oak's at Toomer's Corner. I heard one of them has had to be replaced twice already. This question obviously has absolutely nothing to do with UConn, but it has a better chance to be asked than anything about Conference realignment as it relates to UConn.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Gresh running down UConn on the first question. "Why this job? You were at a big program already"

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Then Gresh says "fans here are itching" about realignment. But doesn't ask specifically if UConn is in a good spot or have a shot to move. No, he wants to know about the lay of the land and then the ACCs GOR.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Way to go!!! Gresh asked about the GoR contracts...a week too late and to the wrong person (Benedict really has to tread lightly on subject surrounding conferences other than the AAC), but at least he asked.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Then Gresh says "fans here are itching" about realignment. But doesn't ask specifically if UConn is in a good spot or have a shot to move. No, he wants to know about the lay of the land and then the ACCs GOR.

Benedict has to tread lightly and I think he handled it well. The question should have been asked to Thamel, and the opportunity was blown.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Benedict has to tread lightly and I think he handled it well. The question should have been asked to Thamel, and the opportunity was blown.

Right. But you ask Benedict, too. As the interviewer, you don't worry about the answer. He will disclose what he can/wants to.

Reaction Score
Benedict said that someone on the staff is going to Michigan with Warde Manuel. Who is leaving?

Reaction Score
this guy sounds very smart. measured and determined

i'm quickly becoming a fan

MattMang23

Reaction Score
this guy sounds very smart. measured and determined

i'm quickly becoming a fan

He's a good interview. No wonder the brain trust was impressed.

And why is Gresh yelling? He got very fired up about fast food.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I should have prefaced with this last week, but I've been listening to Andy Gresh since 1999. Once I hit Route 2, heading down to Groton, I could get a static-y WPRO AM790 The Score out of Providence. He was on with Coach Colitto[sp] in the morning. I never had a huge problem with his commentary until last week.

That said: "STEAK N' SHAKE IS AWESOME!!!" Story of Gresh's life.

Dude, let the guy tell his story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99