Benedict/Mora presser. | The Boneyard

Benedict/Mora presser.

Reaction Score
First, I wish Jim every success. I'm pulling for him.

The press conference was a big nothing. Create a good culture, work hard, make progress, take care of the kids, need to recruit. Most of what he said could have come out of Edsall.

I do like that he talked about scoring points. That was new. However, rarely used the word "win." I am growing tired of coaches allergic to the the words "win"and "winning."

Bottom line, it doesn't matter what he says, it matters what he does.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
"I wasn't away from the game....I was just seeing it through a different lens." This is a great answer to all the questions about "being out of football for a long time." I love his confidence and the fact that he seems down and earth and real. No snake oil needed.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Thanks Palatine. Watched this, then slid over on you tube when he was with UCLA and handled a real of a reporter pretty much taunt him about letting up in games. He wasn’t biting. I am optimistic.

Reaction Score
One little thing that bothers me (and I have to say most of The Horde bothers me, they seem such ’ amateurs) about this press conference and the current narrative about UConn FB is that if we rolled back to 2010, this was a Top 40 football program. Of course, we are at the very bottom now but it’s not like we never had success or that our success was 80 years ago! I hope this is the right guy, not sure how I feel about it yet? Would it have killed one of our “prominent” Horders to have talked about the program during HCRE 1.0 and how quickly we can get back to at least that point?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Have we heard him answer why he hasn't coached since UCLA? I know we hear he was getting paid by UCLA until this year...but did he want to coach and there were no takers? Was there no interest in him as a coach or did he not have interest in coaching?

Considering the turnover in the coaching ranks...it's hard to believe there was no interest in him...but I haven't read anything that has stated why he hasn't coached for awhile?

Reaction Score
Have we heard him answer why he hasn't coached since UCLA? I know we hear he was getting paid by UCLA until this year...but did he want to coach and there were no takers? Was there no interest in him as a coach or did he not have interest in coaching?

Considering the turnover in the coaching ranks...it's hard to believe there was no interest in him...but I haven't read anything that has stated why he hasn't coached for awhile?
Watch the presser

Reaction Score

I know in one of the posted articles he was quoted as saying that he was taking an opportunity to be at home as his kids worked their way through high school.

His youngest just started college, and his whole family encouraged him to get back into coaching.

At the same stage in life myself, and I can get behind him to doing that 100%. Lots of great memories and you can’t get that stuff back.

Reaction Score

Wanted to spend time with his family. His last kid just went off to college and that is why he wants back in.

Reaction Score
I was very impressed after that listen. Sounds a lot different than PP, Diaco or Edsall

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hopefully he gives me a reason to return to the Rent! He is very charismatic in a genuine way not like Douchiaco

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

He didn't want to lose the buyout he was being paid by UCLA... simple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom