Benedict/Mora presser. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Benedict/Mora presser.

Reaction Score
It blows my mind that we had players enter the portal BECAUSE Edsall was fired.

How bad does your judgment have to be to think what came after him would be worse?
I’m sure a lot of guys want to see where else they can get offers and see it as an adventure. So much goes into being happy at college, it could go beyond football too. I know some kids transfer just to leave their GPA behind if they are in trouble academically. I also knew kids that transferred solely because they wanted to go someplace that was easier.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m sure a lot of guys want to see where else they can get offers and see it as an adventure. So much goes into being happy at college, it could go beyond football too. I know some kids transfer just to leave their GPA behind if they are in trouble academically. I also knew kids that transferred solely because they wanted to go someplace that was easier.
And maybe some of them are tired of playing for a losing program? It has to be tough.

Reaction Score
Slow down, I’m not looking for him to pull three rabbits out of the hat just yet. Just want to see how a guy that has been out of coaching for 5 years who lives in Idaho does with this first window - holistically.
As for this recruiting class, I think the portal is more important than the HS recruiting class due the potentially limited number of available scholarships and the holes in the roster. It looks like the roster could be very thin at QB as Tyler P will be recovering from an ACL injury, we have never seen Leon, and Jack Zergiotis is a big question mark as he did not perform this year. I would bring in 1 to 2 transfer QBs.

Reaction Score
As for this recruiting class, I think the portal is more important than the HS recruiting class due the potentially limited number of available scholarships and the holes in the roster. It looks like the roster could be very thin at QB as Tyler P will be recovering from an ACL injury, we have never seen Leon, and Jack Zergiotis is a big question mark as he did not perform this year. I would bring in 1 to 2 transfer QBs.
Edsall failed miserably at shoring up OL and LB knowing we had a young line that hadn't played a down in over a year. This is where we need to add experienced plug n play guys. I generally don't like the approach of bringing in P5 benchwarmers or guys rehabbing from injury. Go and get the best from a lower league or Juco team who's hungry to get noticed. If Coach has connections across the country we should be able to do this. I hope DB has worked to streamline the academic eligibility process because we can't afford to have our hands tied.

We've gotten used to sub-par coaching. The social media trolls are insufferable with their ignorance and negativity. It will be a massive attitude adjustment for the fans that don't remember UConn as a competitive football school to see a competent staff in place with an uptick in talent. It is about the coaching. Not the weather, not the conference or even so much the facilities. Those are things that can help get a better coach but by themselves they don't recruit or win games.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom