Bench v starters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bench v starters

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gilbert- outplayed by Adams
Vital-outplayed by Bouknight

Look at the boxscore and show me where Adams outplayed AG (8 assists (AG) vs 0 for Adams)
CV and JB's mirror each other and CV played with intensity on D - something JB has yet to show

Let's be equitable before we start throwing kids under the bus
The whole team sucked but so didn't the staff
Josh and Polley deserved to be where they were in the second half

Reaction Score
AG still the only one who can get past his man. Not sure where BA is better as a facilitator like people here think he is?
If anything he should be playing the 2 over Vital.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Points rebounds TOs fouls would be where Adams outplayed Gilbert but everyone should totally keep pointing out the one stat Al was better at

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Even in the chat, there were constant "bench him" chants. I was like, did you not just see that drive and dish? He did some things better than ever today. Threw a few seeds to the post players as well. I think most yarders just want to get on to the future. And maybe after today's embarrassment, its the only thing to do. But I was proud of him today, compared to Cincy.
Rideau and Collins could get anywhere they wanted. Rideau in particular had not problems with Al's on ball defense which generally was very good.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I wonder how often Hurley practices the different lineups he puts out there? Could be why the configurations I’m proposing don’t look so great. If he’s gonna put them in a game together he needs to practice with them together

Reaction Score
Gilbert- outplayed by Adams
Vital-outplayed by Bouknight
Polley- outplayed by Sid
Carlton- outplayed by Whaley
Akok has no real backup and played well anyways

what happened to the lineup shakeup?
I guess Danny made good on his promise to have a shorter leash as he glued Polley and Josh to the bench but we need Bouknight in the game sooner and more frequently. This season is over so it’s time to get Bouknight and Gaffney as much time as possible.
My proposed lineup:
Vital
Bouknight
Adams
Sid
Akok

obviously “no true PG” but news flash, just because Al is 5’8” that doesn’t make him a true PG. Our rebounding is instantly improved and spacing should be much better. Put Sid in Josh’s spot at the top of the key and you have someone who is actually a threat to do something other than hand off. Run pick and rolls for him and get dunks all day. Or use Akok and draw out a defender and make it easier for drivers.

Cmon Danny this isn’t that hard.

Gilbert had 8 assists and doesn’t play the same position as Adams so don’t go there. And they all sucked so you can go anyone vs anyone with a winner. If we have Brendan ever handling the ball as much as AG we are in huge trouble. Like Brendan but he’s exactly where he should be. But if they decide he starts take Tyler out then until he gets more physical or shall I say if he ever does?

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
The argument defending Hurley is that two years into his tenure, he should not be playing "Ollie's" guys anymore. Is the fact that Hurley is not playing Akok and Bouk more also Ollie's fault?
Yes, everything is. Nobody told you?

Reaction Score
He was horrible, didn't even notice he was on the court until sometime in the second half.
Why do you hate assists? Watch the replay and take a shot for every should've been assist. Then don't post for two days until you sober up. He basically did what everybody wanted him to on the offensive end. Only 3 shots, only 3 to's. He was way far from horrible, perhaps you were watching the wrong team? Wasn't enough to not get blown out, but exponentially better than his play against Cincy. I'm sorry you couldn't detect that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why do you hate assists? Watch the replay and take a shot for every should've been assist. Then don't post for two days until you sober up. He basically did what everybody wanted him to on the offensive end. Only 3 shots, only 3 to's. He was way far from horrible, perhaps you were watching the wrong team? Wasn't enough to not get blown out, but exponentially better than his play against Cincy. I'm sorry you couldn't detect that.

No doubt you saw it correctly but the patterns of some can’t change. He deserves some criticism heck I have hammered him but yesterday was fine, he did what we hoped he'd do more often. Not horrible at all.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom