Bench #20 | The Boneyard

Bench #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Send #2 with him. He is either getting sucked in with play action, letting linemen get into his legs to cut block him, or slipping onto the turf and losing his man in coverage. Back in the day dick vitale used to have his all airport team. Guys that looked great at the airport but did little in games. Those two would get my vote.

pj

Reaction Score
That's Obi Melifonwu and Graham Stewart for those at home

Reaction Score
Everyone pics of Whitmer this kid doesn't belong in college football at all. He is awful. Cost us the game

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Stewarts issues are diagnosis-related and spacial awareness related. He is GREAT coming off the edge and getting to the quarterback. Wouldn't mind seeing him play that DE/LB hybrid that Reuben Frank has been manning, to get some speed on the edge for pass rush. We all know Graham is plenty strong to hold up at the point of attack. Almost Trevardo2

Obi, yikes, just getting caught with his eyes in the backfield too often... he's young but you wanted to see him become a playmaker this year

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Obi got put into a bad position on the first TD - I'll take Galloway's word for it when he says that a safety covering a slot receiver from 12 yards deep is a recipe for disaster. The PI play was just horrific defense by Obi. He looked back and saw the ball and then decided to knock down the receiver instead of actually going up for the ball? WTF.

Reaction Score
It's like watching Elvis Patterson all over again.

toast.jpg

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Stewarts issues are diagnosis-related and spacial awareness related. He is GREAT coming off the edge and getting to the quarterback. Wouldn't mind seeing him play that DE/LB hybrid that Reuben Frank has been manning, to get some speed on the edge for pass rush. We all know Graham is plenty strong to hold up at the point of attack. Almost Trevardo2

Obi, yikes, just getting caught with his eyes in the backfield too often... he's young but you wanted to see him become a playmaker this year

You could be right, but he isn't playing DE in Diaco's system at that size I don't think. He is a long way from Sio, Bama, and Scott Lutrus as an outside backer at UConn I'll tell you that. Guess it's unfair since all those guys played in the NFL.... recruiting stars...... mean what agains? Watch him on play action he gets sucked in and winds up in trail position almost every time.

Reaction Score
Never seen anyone get burned more in my life.
He has been burned on big plays ALL YEAR LONG,and we've only played three games.I've seen no improvement by him from last year.He never turns to see where the ball is either.

Reaction Score
I thought obi should have had a PI call in the first quarter that he got lucky on. He always seems to be chasing someone down and never seems to turn around to see where the ball is.

Stewart at least made some plays, seems like he REALLY wants to get in the backfield though and get after the QB/RB.

But what do i know, just a casual fan trying to enjoy some college football. Hasn't been easy lately.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Summers steps in for Obi. I like his run support and takes better angles than Obi.

Obi as our last line of defense is costing us very easy scores. Boise's first TD was too easy. #2 jogged in from our 20 yard line. He was burned by Stony Brook last week and BYU's 2nd TD was all on him being torched too.

I have no doubt that he's working hard and he does possess some good skills, but I agree that it's time to move Summers into more of a prominent role at safety. We can't possibly win games when we are giving away free and easy scores on a weekly basis.

Reaction Score
Obi may have bulked up too much. He's much bigger than last year and it may have cost him some speed. Donald Brown had that happen in Yr 2 before he fixed it. The talent in Obi that was clearly recognized last year hasn't disappeared but something is amiss.

Reaction Score
Send #2 with him. He is either getting sucked in with play action, letting linemen get into his legs to cut block him, or slipping onto the turf and losing his man in coverage. Back in the day dick vitale used to have his all airport team. Guys that looked great at the airport but did little in games. Those two would get my vote.

A frickin men. One is the consummate deer in headlights (#20) and the other is "a lot of sizzle without much steak".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom