Ben Simmons | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ben Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This year was a bit unusual in that we saw some of the elite 1-and-dones spread around to lesser programs (LSU, Cal), rather than being concentrated at UK and Duke.

I wonder if Simmons's experience will lead to a reversal of that trend.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought nobody watches more tape than Ron Jaworski? ESPN tells me that all the time.
Yeah and Jaws pronounced that Colin Kapernick was the next great quarterback.

Reaction Score
Love it!!!

Don't worry my friends do the same!!

Only if you and your buddies met me!!

Biggest college basketball fan you'll ever meet and the biggest husky fan!!

Nobody, nobody, not Jon Roth, Seth Davis, whoever, (both follow me on my Twitter) watch more college basketball than myself.

For the people who are putting down Ben Simmons stats, it's just stats, take this stat 18-14, no tourney, team won't even play in the NIT.

Is the coach awful, YES, absolutely.

But like I said before go Simmons the question, even himself would
Admit that his 1 season in CBB was disappointing.

You are trying to use his team's struggles to justify your incorrect statement. He would call the season disappointing because his team missed the tournament. If before the season started you told him that he could average 19pts, 12rb, 5asst, and 2 stl per game, and be the runaway number one pick, he would have taken it in a second. That team was as poorly coached as any I have ever seen and Simmons' teammates seemed strangely unwilling to defer to one of the most dominant college basketball players of the decade. For god sake, Johnny Jones' handling of Ben Simmons, made Rick Barnes' handling of Kevin Durant look fantastic.

Reaction Score
Should LSU be concerned about then NCAA right now? They are not Duke nor Kentucky. The school already announced that they will not participate in any post-season tournament now that they have not made the dance due to potential issues with Simmons (recruiting and/or academic). For this one shot at glory, which they miss,d it possible that the price for such could be really high.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Should LSU be concerned about then NCAA right now? They are not Duke nor Kentucky. The school already announced that they will not participate in any post-season tournament now that they have not made the dance due to potential issues with Simmons (recruiting and/or academic). For this one shot at glory, which they miss,d it possible that the price for such could be really high.

Simmons' recruitment won't lead to anything g, LSU was just lucky to have employed his God Father a number of years ago. His academic status is not a violation, but him leaving school with less than a 1.5 GPA will certainly hurt their already low APR.

Bowing out of the post-season was just the humane way to end this tragedy of a season. It was not be a use of some self imposed sanctions or a sign that the school is worried.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Seems like the kid checked out a few games ago. Perhaps jealousy, team playing keep away, ego conflicts, etc..

Sorry but to me that's on the Coach not Simmons.

The former Ohio State coach said when he had Turner he told his team to embrace him, because one day they will want tickets to his NBA games. That was funny because those LSU teammates will be crying not being able to attend All Star weekend, playoff games or hanging out with the soon to be NBAer.

Anyway with a player like Simmons, the Coach should have had the team watch Carmelo tapes and realize that the road to the promise land is through him and only him. He picked the wrong school.
He did pick the wrong school. HS kids look to colleges where they can get the most playing time or step right in. Sometimes I sit back and wonder why Simmons picked LSU. I am sure he could of picked a better fit. What did LSU offer him.Free crawdads for a year? He wasn't planning on staying long anyway. Strange selection of schools.

Reaction Score
Simmons' recruitment won't lead to anything g, LSU was just lucky to have employed his God Father a number of years ago. His academic status is not a violation, but him leaving school with less than a 1.5 GPA will certainly hurt their already low APR.

Bowing out of the post-season was just the humane way to end this tragedy of a season. It was not be a use of some self imposed sanctions or a sign that the school is worried.

So in summary, the NCAA will do nothing to LSU on the APR side because there has only been one major program that the NCAA has targeted for APR violations - UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He did pick the wrong school. HS kids look to colleges where they can get the most playing time or step right in. Sometimes I sit back and wonder why Simmons picked LSU. I am sure he could of picked a better fit. What did LSU offer him.Free crawdads for a year? He wasn't planning on staying long anyway. Strange selection of schools.

One of their assistants is his godfather or something weird like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom