Ben Simmons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ben Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Are you guys still making fun of me because I stated 3 weeks ago Ben Simmons has had a disappointing season???

Like I said, 3 weeks ago, go ask Ben Simmons yourself??

What do you think he would say??

When was the last time the number 1 pick in the draft didn't make the tournament??

Probably LeBron, oh yea, he didn't go to college.

Silly goose.

I don't know who you are, but congratulations on your wonderful success!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen, Simmons will be a bust in the NBA. He's a great college player, but I don't see the NBA skill set in Simmons. He can't shoot worth a lick, isn't a good enough passer to run an NBA offense. He doesn't have the size to bully NBA PF in the post. I really don't understand the Lebron comparisons, Lebron was a physical specimen, who doesn't even play Simmons position, not to mention Simmons is 2 inches taller.

Disagree.

Does everything well but shoot.

Wiggins looked passive at the end of his freshman year, too, and has turned into a great pro.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Love it!!!

Don't worry my friends do the same!!

Only if you and your buddies met me!!

Biggest college basketball fan you'll ever meet and the biggest husky fan!!

Nobody, nobody, not Jon Roth, Seth Davis, whoever, (both follow me on my Twitter) watch more college basketball than myself.

For the people who are putting down Ben Simmons stats, it's just stats, take this stat 18-14, no tourney, team won't even play in the NIT.

Is the coach awful, YES, absolutely.

But like I said before go Simmons the question, even himself would
Admit that his 1 season in CBB was disappointing.
I thought nobody watches more tape than Ron Jaworski? ESPN tells me that all the time.

Reaction Score
Are you guys still making fun of me because I stated 3 weeks ago Ben Simmons has had a disappointing season???

When was the last time the number 1 pick in the draft didn't make the tournament??

Silly goose.
I had stopped making fun of you, but since you've brought it up again, I'm going to start making fun of you again.

Reaction Score
You have 51 career posts and you have been right 51 times. Maybe quit while you're ahead and go down in yard history as the only perfect poster! Your name will echo in the halls of enternity.

Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen, Simmons will be a bust in the NBA. He's a great college player, but I don't see the NBA skill set in Simmons. He can't shoot worth a lick, isn't a good enough passer to run an NBA offense. He doesn't have the size to bully NBA PF in the post. I really don't understand the Lebron comparisons, Lebron was a physical specimen, who doesn't even play Simmons position, not to mention Simmons is 2 inches taller.

The LBJ comp is a little ridiculous, Lamar odom is much more appropriate. That's still a very solid player and Simmons is a better athlete.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Silly goose.

What you are not saying is that he as one of the worst coaches in the game and a bunch of also rans. If you have a terrible team, what do you expect? Other teams game planned heavily around him. And he still posted those numbers.

He's also not a guard, so he doesn't have quite as much control.

Not sure what you expected him to do.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You have 51 career posts and you have been right 51 times. Maybe quit while you're ahead and go down in yard history as the only perfect poster! Your name will echo in the halls of enternity.

...every time I fart.

zing.

Reaction Score
What you are not saying is that he as one of the worst coaches in the game and a bunch of also rans. If you have a terrible team, what do you expect? Other teams game planned heavily around him. And he still posted those numbers.

He's also not a guard, so he doesn't have quite as much control.

Not sure what you expected him to do.
FYI.....this thread already has me saying that the LSU coach is absolutely awful!!

If Ollie was coaching that squad, your talking about final four bound and possibly cutting down the nets when all is said and finished.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
William Shea - move over! This guy watches more basketball thru the television than Jon Roth or Seth Davis ... and probably with more cell phones (but definitely more exclamation points!!)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The LBJ comp is a little ridiculous, Lamar odom is much more appropriate. That's still a very solid player and Simmons is a better athlete.

Why shouldn't he compare him to one of the best players in the world? I mean that makes total sense for most college lottery picks.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Let us not forget what Andre Drummond looked like at UCONN his 1 year. Totally disinterested and ready to move on. That was Simmons this year, but his teammates and their jealousy just caused a toxic situation down there. Johnny Jones needs to go. They need someone with fire.

Reaction Score
Why shouldn't he compare him to one of the best players in the world? I mean that makes total sense for most college lottery picks.

Agreed. There is a certain caliber of player that college and hs players shouldn't be compared to until they actually make the NBA. Remember when Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next Kobe because he was a unanimous all american pre season selection? He's a very solid player, but obviously Kobe was far better than Barnes will be on his best day.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Always wondered this and not really sure of the answer tbh bc I never followed his story too closely.

Can someone tell me why Simmons chose LSU in the first place of all schools? What was the draw?

His Handler/coach-trainer overseas had a strong connect with the LSU coach and program. Sort of a backroom deal, no idea if it involved cash or impropriety though.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Let us not forget what Andre Drummond looked like at UCONN his 1 year. Totally disinterested and ready to move on.

I get what point you're trying to make, but let's not pretend that this is true when it could have just as easily been that he was an 18-year-old kid who was still learning to play at a high level (and in his body.)

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Agreed. There is a certain caliber of player that college and hs players shouldn't be compared to until they actually make the NBA. Remember when Harrison Barnes was supposed to be the next Kobe because he was a unanimous all american pre season selection? He's a very solid player, but obviously Kobe was far better than Barnes will be on his best day.

I get what you are saying, and every year there is a new guy; however, Simmons has the best combination of size, skill, and athleticism of maybe any player I've seen. Harrison ares was just "the guy" for that season.

Simmons is the only player in the history of the SEC to finish top 5 in the league in points, rebounds, and assists.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Let us not forget what Andre Drummond looked like at UCONN his 1 year. Totally disinterested and ready to move on. That was Simmons this year, but his teammates and their jealousy just caused a toxic situation down there. Johnny Jones needs to go. They need someone with fire.

That was how it looked to fans, not reality. He was just raw as hell, and being very quickly integrated into what turned out to be a dysfunctional team.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I get what point you're trying to make, but let's not pretend that this is true when it could have just as easily been that he was an 18-year-old kid who was still learning to play at a high level (and in his body.)

To me, it was a combination of that and being somewhat uninterested for Drummond. d I've seen the same from Simmons in games where he was turning the ball over. By and large though, they were both ready to move to the NBA. Don't blame either one of them either.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
That was how it looked to fans, not reality. He was just raw as hell, and being very quickly integrated into what turned out to be a dysfunctional team.

It is really the combination of a mega star in waiting and a dysfunctional team that keeps leading me back to the Drummond comparison to an extent. This LSU team was exactly like that UCONN team.

Reaction Score
I get what you are saying, and every year there is a new guy; however, Simmons has the best combination of size, skill, and athleticism of maybe any player I've seen. Harrison ares was just "the guy" for that season.

Simmons is the only player in the history of the SEC to finish top 5 in the league in points, rebounds, and assists.

Simmons is a stud no doubt and I think he'll be a good NBA player. Shooting might be an issue for him. I remember when I was in college in Boston watching rondo play and thought that he would be the best pg in the nba if he could just shoot. Never materialized though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Not sure I'm totally on board with that, given Simmons numbers and (forced down our throats) profile, but if he wants to the NCAAs, I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom