Ben Simmons | The Boneyard

Ben Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you guys still making fun of me because I stated 3 weeks ago Ben Simmons has had a disappointing season???

Like I said, 3 weeks ago, go ask Ben Simmons yourself??

What do you think he would say??

When was the last time the number 1 pick in the draft didn't make the tournament??

Probably LeBron, oh yea, he didn't go to college.

Silly goose.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Are you guys still making fun of me because I stated 3 weeks ago Ben Simmons has had a disappointing season???

When was the last time the number 1 pick in the draft didn't make the tournament??

Silly goose.

Do you want a pat on the back or a cupcake?

Reaction Score
Seems like the kid checked out a few games ago. Perhaps jealousy, team playing keep away, ego conflicts, etc..

Sorry but to me that's on the Coach not Simmons.

The former Ohio State coach said when he had Turner he told his team to embrace him, because one day they will want tickets to his NBA games. That was funny because those LSU teammates will be crying not being able to attend All Star weekend, playoff games or hanging out with the soon to be NBAer.

Anyway with a player like Simmons, the Coach should have had the team watch Carmelo tapes and realize that the road to the promise land is through him and only him. He picked the wrong school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Silly goose.
You were wrong then, and you're wrong now.

19 ppg, 12 rbg, 5 apg, 2 spg with 56% shooting... yeah, disappointing... He led his team in every major statistical category.

Remember that basketball is a team game. Not only were they not very good, but they also missed players for part of the season. Hornsby (second leading scorer) missed 13, Victor missed 7. They lost 7 of their games with key players missing.

Reaction Score
19 ppg, 12 rbg, 5 apg, 2 spg with 56% shooting... yeah, disappointing...

Yeah those are disappointing numbers for a Freshman to some. He needed to put up Jalen Adams numbers (or his uni) to not be disappointing I guess.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen, Simmons will be a bust in the NBA. He's a great college player, but I don't see the NBA skill set in Simmons. He can't shoot worth a lick, isn't a good enough passer to run an NBA offense. He doesn't have the size to bully NBA PF in the post. I really don't understand the Lebron comparisons, Lebron was a physical specimen, who doesn't even play Simmons position, not to mention Simmons is 2 inches taller.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Silly goose.

For 3 weeks we've been joking about you at Cumberland Farms every morning.

Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen, Simmons will be a bust in the NBA. He's a great college player, but I don't see the NBA skill set in Simmons. He can't shoot worth a lick, isn't a good enough passer to run an NBA offense. He doesn't have the size to bully NBA PF in the post. I really don't understand the Lebron comparisons, Lebron was a physical specimen, who doesn't even play Simmons position, not to mention Simmons is 2 inches taller.

Your opinion is noted.

Reaction Score
He's only 19 years old. Too early to make that prediction. Its evident (to me) that he does have something to work with and with good coaching, development potential.

Reaction Score
He shot 33% from 3. Not great, but that's better than Napier shot his freshman year, so it tells me he has more ability than he was showing. Sometimes shooting percentages take a year or two to catch up to ability.

Reaction Score
A big who can pass and rebound like Simmons isn't a bust, even if he plays the 4 rather than a point-forward. Bigs that can pass spread the floor and help teams shoot the ball from the perimeter at a much better clip. In this day and age, that is huge in the NBA. Simmons has a high floor.

He played for an awful coach and with teammates who probably grew to resent him as a result to the constant attention he got from ESPN. Just not a great situation. He's still a great prospect.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What's everyone's thoughts on rejecting the NIT bid? You don't see that often. Injuries, Why?

Reaction Score
What's everyone's thoughts on rejecting the NIT bid? You don't see that often. Injuries, Why?
  • They're terrible as is, and Simmons definitely wouldn't risk getting hurt playing in the NIT. So take the best player off of an awful team...
  • Jones will likely get fired, so LSU may simply be done with watch him represent their university

Reaction Score
Always wondered this and not really sure of the answer tbh bc I never followed his story too closely.

Can someone tell me why Simmons chose LSU in the first place of all schools? What was the draw?

Reaction Score
For 3 weeks we've been joking about you at Cumberland Farms every morning.
Love it!!!

Don't worry my friends do the same!!

Only if you and your buddies met me!!

Biggest college basketball fan you'll ever meet and the biggest husky fan!!

Nobody, nobody, not Jon Roth, Seth Davis, whoever, (both follow me on my Twitter) watch more college basketball than myself.

For the people who are putting down Ben Simmons stats, it's just stats, take this stat 18-14, no tourney, team won't even play in the NIT.

Is the coach awful, YES, absolutely.

But like I said before go Simmons the question, even himself would
Admit that his 1 season in CBB was disappointing.

Reaction Score
Always wondered this and not really sure of the answer tbh bc I never followed his story too closely.

Can someone tell me why Simmons chose LSU in the first place of all schools? What was the draw?
$$$$

Reaction Score
$$$$
Supposively because the assistant coach played with his father in Austrailla.

Who really knows though, wouldn't be surprise MONEY.

Don't forget Blakeleny decided to go there to, another All American and top 10 recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom