Ben Gordon arrested | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ben Gordon arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Same here, my dad had what we all called "the big brown belt." It was a different time and he was already phasing it out by the time he was dealing with me, my older brothers got the belt more.

Were you ever taken to the hospital for it?
I sure as heck wasn't, it wasn't a big deal.
So no hospital. Today my dad would have been arrested. Left scars for sure. My father was the youngest of twenty two. Grew up in rural Maine. Beating kids was a thing...today not so much. personally I wish I hadn't hit my kids as much because frankly it was out of anger. What's done is done.

Reaction Score
Man I can’t tell you how many times I got the belt as a kid.
It always amazes me not only that so many people defend child abuse, but how vehemently so many people defend it. It touches some weird nerve in certain people, and it's very off-putting to me.

To be clear, I don't know if you mean to defend child abuse with your comment, but your comment reminded me of the subject in any event.

Reaction Score
Seems very odd to recognize a person has a severe mental illness that impacts their behavior and decision making, while simultaneously saying they should "just go away" because they aren't able to manage their illness.

His mental illness doesn't excuse his behavior, it helps to explain it. He doesn't need jail, he needs treatment.

Reaction Score
Seems very odd to recognize a person has a severe mental illness that impacts their behavior and decision making, while simultaneously saying they should "just go away" because they aren't able to manage their illness.

His mental illness doesn't excuse his behavior, it helps to explain it. He doesn't need jail, he needs treatment.

You don't think someone who punched their child in the face and hospitalized him needs jail time? This is the stupidest thing I have ever read on the boneyard, and I didn't have chief on ignore for almost a decade.

Mental illness doesn't mean you aren't accountable for your actions. People get treatment IN PRISON all the time. 2 of my brothers (distribution and federal gun trafficking) as well as my sister (murder) both did. Two of them are bipolar, the other is diagnosed schizo.

Should my sister who came home covered in a taxi driver's blood after she stabbed him a dozen times high on meth be excused from it because she is mentally ill? Get a fraggin grip dude.

Reaction Score
It might be wise to hold off on judgements until we get the full story.
I will not judge him. He has a disease-when I worked at the Newington VAMC in the late 70's, the biggest issue was always medication compliance. This was in the Mental Hygiene department. same today as then. Meds don't work when sitting in the drawer. I have not walked in his shoes, so I don't get to judge him.

Reaction Score

I said excuse earlier, but explain makes a lot more sense.

Reaction Score
Very sad to see when mental health issues make family members become the "battleground".. Hope Ben's son recovers quickly and is ok. As parents.. We all know our young kids know our buttons to push.. When the parent has mental health issues/anger management issues.. It can be explosive-can get ugly.

No winners in those situations other than to protect those that can't protect themselves(the son).

Reaction Score
Yeah, like I said earlier... no one goes away for just disciplining their kid. This is tragic. Ben needs to do some serious time where they can force him on meds and keep him the hell away from his family.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him irredeemable at this point, but I would hope UConn scrubs any mention of him from the walls of Gampel, the website and such. Not a part of the husky legacy as far as I'm concerned. He can earn that back in the decades to come if he chooses to.

I just threw out my 04 jersey I got when I was in 8th-grade. Feeling pretty sad about it, but I'd feel ashamed wearing it.
Don't think you get to decide who is part of the legacy and who is not.

Reaction Score
Don't think you get to decide who is part of the legacy and who is not.

You defending child abusers is disgusting. It's pathetic and you should be ashamed.

I had another post written but edit because I got too personal. Leave it at this: I thought you were a decent guy. It's becoming apparent you're a POS.

Reaction Score
I will not judge him. He has a disease-when I worked at the Newington VAMC in the late 70's, the biggest issue was always medication compliance. This was in the Mental Hygiene department. same today as then. Meds don't work when sitting in the drawer. I have not walked in his shoes, so I don't get to judge him.
If you read my post I said it wasn't an excuse

Reaction Score
Apparently the kid wouldn’t stop talking about his Jordan Pool.

Reaction Score
Yeah, like I said earlier... no one goes away for just disciplining their kid. This is tragic. Ben needs to do some serious time where they can force him on meds and keep him the hell away from his family.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him irredeemable at this point, but I would hope UConn scrubs any mention of him from the walls of Gampel, the website and such. Not a part of the husky legacy as far as I'm concerned. He can earn that back in the decades to come if he chooses to.

I just threw out my 04 jersey I got when I was in 8th-grade. Feeling pretty sad about it, but I'd feel ashamed wearing it.
Why throw it away? If it didn’t have the name on it, it could be for Jeff Adrien (or Tyrese)

Reaction Score
Why throw it away? If it didn’t have the name on it, it could be for Jeff Adrien (or Tyrese)

I put it in the goodwill bin down the street.

I have other jerseys; it's more symbolic than anything. I bought it when I was a kid because I thought Ben Gordon was the coolest guy around. I don't want it--I'm not going to wear it. I've got a Boat jersey I'll throw on instead.

Reaction Score
This is sad and it definitely sucks, but it doesn’t change what he accomplished as a UConn basketball player. He’s still one of the best to come through here and still is a champion.

Reaction Score
This is not spanking your kids, or the belt or whatever to discipline them. This seems like more. I saw this on Twitter and am very sad about it. I never disciplined my daughter physically because she wouldn't react to it in a way that would improve the situation. We always talk instead after calming down. Everyone has their own way. I'm sad for Ben and hope that he can improve his relationship with himself and his son.

Reaction Score
I put it in the goodwill bin down the street.

I have other jerseys; it's more symbolic than anything. I bought it when I was a kid because I thought Ben Gordon was the coolest guy around. I don't want it--I'm not going to wear it. I've got a Boat jersey I'll throw on instead.
For whatever it's worth, I like this move. I'd do the same if I had one.

Reaction Score
This is sad and it definitely sucks, but it doesn’t change what he accomplished as a UConn basketball player. He’s still one of the best to come through here and still is a champion.

I agree. His accomplishments and legacy while at UConn shouldn't be hidden or just wiped away. Especially if his actions (albeit criminal and I'm not defending them) are a result of a mental illness that's manifested itself over the years.

Reaction Score
manic-depressive disease is a horrible thing
last time I heard about manic-depressive disease was in 2016 when a professor was saying that it is an outdated term lol

Reaction Score
What a disgusting person this woman is. She blames the "Karen" for triggering a black man, instead of blaming her ex who she had a restraining order against. According to her the Karen hurt the boy and not his father who punched him in the head when the courts already had a restraining order against him. Get these boys away from BG and this woman.

She wasn't even there (all the way across the country in LA) and there were six witnesses who saw what happened and called the cops yet it's some grand conspiracy set up by a Karen to frame BG, who keeps getting set-up by these people. This is going to end up way worse if Gordon doesn't face serious consequences.

Reaction Score
What a disgusting person this woman is. She blames the "Karen" for triggering a black man, instead of blaming her ex who she had a restraining order against. According to her the Karen hurt the boy and not his father who punched him in the head when the courts already had a restraining order against him. Get these boys away from BG and this woman.

She wasn't even there (all the way across the country in LA) and there were six witnesses who saw what happened and called the cops yet it's some grand conspiracy set up by a Karen to frame BG, who keeps getting set-up by these people. This is going to end up way worse if Gordon doesn't face serious consequences.
What are these “serious consequences” that cure bipolar disorder, and why don’t more doctors prescribe them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom