Being a Uconn fan | The Boneyard

Being a Uconn fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A couple of my best buddies are Royals fans and they are going through some wtf moments lately, I keep telling them, some magic is happening and just watch it play out. I could care less about baseball these days but I'm getting a little sports jolt watching what the Royals are doing. What we experienced is unreal in the past few years, I think we all have to pinch ourselves every once in a while. It seemed like a ridiculous notion to think we would have another run after Kemba and the kids but once we had our Garden storm party against Iowa State and MSU I thought it was almost all but a formality. I had a weird easiness as a fan heading into the Florida game and once that was over I was almost overconfident about Kentucky. I've had the same vibe about the Royals and my KC friends want me to shut up, sometimes a team just has that LOOK.

Reaction Score
And the fans excitement in KC is pretty special too as we've seen at the ballpark. Time for some new blood to win the WS and why not KC ? Extra inning W's and rallies make them pretty fun to watch as of now although the Orioles have been similar in the postseason. Just hope its not the Cards or Giants!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Two formerly great franchises have clawed their way back with great fundamentals. What is not to like.
Have to respect the Cardinals organization too, but go AL!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A couple of my best buddies are Royals fans and they are going through some wtf moments lately, I keep telling them, some magic is happening and just watch it play out. I could care less about baseball these days but I'm getting a little sports jolt watching what the Royals are doing. What we experienced is unreal in the past few years, I think we all have to pinch ourselves every once in a while. It seemed like a ridiculous notion to think we would have another run after Kemba and the kids but once we had our Garden storm party against Iowa State and MSU I thought it was almost all but a formality. I had a weird easiness as a fan heading into the Florida game and once that was over I was almost overconfident about Kentucky. I've had the same vibe about the Royals and my KC friends want me to shut up, sometimes a team just has that LOOK.
Someone asked me what's the tattoo on my arm. I told him that's no tattoo. That's me pinching myself.

I totally get what you mean about the UConn outcome! Not many will get where you're coming from.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unless you are a die-hard college basketball fan, it's difficult to fully comprehend just how implausible this championship run was. We aren't especially far removed as a program from being legitimately outplayed by Quinnipiac, and we are exactly nine games removed from an 81-48 stomping at the hands of Louisville. This wasn't supposed to happen, and the powers that be - from the P5, to the NCAA, to greed-consumed recruiting handlers - exercised every option within their realm to ensure this programs burial. They were placed in a loaded region, given something like a 0.7% chance of winning the tournament by the odds-makers, and outmatched in the post in virtually every game. We lapped the field in a foot race dragging a tire uphill, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as awe-struck as anybody.

Frankly, I'm not sure how this program could have possibly outfit their detractors any more clownishly. Goons like Jeff Goodman have literally gone from criticizing Calhoun for dealing Ollie an unplayable hand to cautioning everybody that Ollie must first win with his own players. The funny thing is that all this noise is going to revert when we inevitably lose a few games in November and December of this season trying to integrate new pieces into the lineup. I can't wait to silence them. Again.

Reaction Score
Unless you are a die-hard college basketball fan, it's difficult to fully comprehend just how implausible this championship run was. We aren't especially far removed as a program from being legitimately outplayed by Quinnipiac, and we are exactly nine games removed from an 81-48 stomping at the hands of Louisville. This wasn't supposed to happen, and the powers that be - from the P5, to the NCAA, to greed-consumed recruiting handlers - exercised every option within their realm to ensure this programs burial. They were placed in a loaded region, given something like a 0.7% chance of winning the tournament by the odds-makers, and outmatched in the post in virtually every game. We lapped the field in a foot race dragging a tire uphill, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as awe-struck as anybody.

Frankly, I'm not sure how this program could have possibly outfit their detractors any more clownishly. Goons like Jeff Goodman have literally gone from criticizing Calhoun for dealing Ollie an unplayable hand to cautioning everybody that Ollie must first win with his own players. The funny thing is that all this noise is going to revert when we inevitably lose a few games in November and December of this season trying to integrate new pieces into the lineup. I can't wait to silence them. Again.

Excellent post. I think we are all lost in the moment, but you hit on the big picture. I'm not certain, but I think we are the first team to win a national championship coming off a year on probation, no? We were left for dead, and this season changed the way this program will be perceived forever. We are still UConn. Not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom