Being a bit more considerate when stating your opinion... | The Boneyard

Being a bit more considerate when stating your opinion...

Reaction Score
No offense to anyone, but, I hope that folks on this forum would be a little more considerate when choosing their words...I think it's in the best interest of the Boneyard reputation. Let's try to be more dignified like the UCONN Women are...and not so militant.:rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Militant. :cool:

images

Reaction Score
What would be considerate is if fans of other teams did not come here and post thinly veiled insults or try to softly troll the UConn fans. UConn fans should try to be considerate to each other. But interlopers deserve what they get and maybe should be the ones receiving warnings and getting banned.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What would be considerate is if fans of other teams did not come here and post thinly veiled insults or try to softly troll the UConn fans. UConn fans should try to be considerate to each other. But interlopers deserve what they get and maybe should be the ones receiving warnings and getting banned.
No and no. The Boneyard is very proud of its standing as a welcoming forum for fans of other teams. Many of the people who post here regularly root for someone else. The board would be diminished if these folks were run off.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

Curiously focused. Some of the most civil, savvy, respectful, and insightful posters here are "fans of other teams." Content of postings, not their source, should be what determines their fate.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
When Mother Superior hit me like that I was not laughing. :(

A close friend of mine in HS had a younger sister who was attending parochial school in CT. When she was in the sixth grade, she got smacked repeatedly by one of the nuns with one of those blackboard pointers. Their father was a policeman, very scary looking, very big guy, until you got to know him and realized the gruff exterior was just a facade. He took her out of the catholic school and she went public from then on. It had to have been really extreme for Mr. Law and Order to do that, like a bunch of welts all over her. And believe me, knowing her she did plenty to deserve whatever they dished out. She tried as much as possible to act like a commie in rebellion to her dad's conservatism.

Reaction Score
A close friend of mine in HS had a younger sister who was attending parochial school in CT. When she was in the sixth grade, she got smacked repeatedly by one of the nuns with one of those blackboard pointers. Their father was a policeman, very scary looking, very big guy, until you got to know him and realized the gruff exterior was just a facade. He took her out of the catholic school and she went public from then on. It had to have been really extreme for Mr. Law and Order to do that, like a bunch of welts all over her. And believe me, knowing her she did plenty to deserve whatever they dished out. She tried as much as possible to act like a commie in rebellion to her dad's conservatism.

My father was educated in Catholic schools, and hit repeatedly. He vowed that he would never subject his children to that sort of treatment, and would never send them to Catholic schools. He made good on that vow, and I am grateful that he did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom