Beginning to think the CR party may be dead... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Beginning to think the CR party may be dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I don't know for certain why it is so important for sports. I'm sure it has something to do with the financial strength of the institution. Saying we have the state of Connecticut behind us doesn't exactly give me a great amount of comfort. It's tough doing business in CT! Cincy would have the upper hand there with the state of Ohio behind it. I can't believe in-state tuition is now $25K! This is not your father's university, which is a good thing.
I only say the following as a point of reference and not to create unnecessary controversy. My daughter graduated from UT Austin in 2011 and my son is attending A&M and will (hopefully) graduate in 2017. According to US News & World Report, UT Austin is ranked the #16 public university in the US and A&M is #25. UConn, my alma mater, is ranked #19. In-state tuition for my daughter in 2010-11, for a full course load, was roughly $9,000. A&M's tuition for the same in 2014-15 is roughly $10,000. Assuming both would have attended UConn, I figure I will have saved over $100,000 in tuition alone by living here in TX. That's a very good thing because I've spent about that much flying my family back and forth to/from CT each summer for vacation every year since moving here in 1996!

Reaction Score
I only say the following as a point of reference and not to create unnecessary controversy. My daughter graduated from UT Austin in 2011 and my son is attending A&M and will (hopefully) graduate in 2017. According to US News & World Report, UT Austin is ranked the #16 public university in the US and A&M is #25. UConn, my alma mater, is ranked #19. In-state tuition for my daughter in 2010-11, for a full course load, was roughly $9,000. A&M's tuition for the same in 2014-15 is roughly $10,000. Assuming both would have attended UConn, I figure I will have saved over $100,000 in tuition alone by living here in TX. That's a very good thing because I've spent about that much flying my family back and forth to/from CT each summer for vacation every year since moving here in 1996!
I couldn't believe the disparity! Do your stated costs at the Texas schools include everything or just tuition? I just checked, and tuition at UCONN is about $10k, student fees $3k, Housing $7k, Meal plan $5k.
Also of note. Tuition in-state is $10k, out of state $30k, and New England Regional $17k. New England's University!

pj

Reaction Score
No Husky love in East Carolina. None. Pretty funny how they were celebrating some Philly exposure and glad to be leaving Tulsa behind. Hold on guys. Isn't Tulsa coming with?

They said they were celebrating having heard of the teams. They haven't heard of Connecticut, that's why we weren't mentioned. They know there is a team in Philly, but don't know its name; and think the school in Orlando is called Mickey Mouse U. Boy, will they be surprised when they play Tulsa and Tulane.

Reaction Score
They said they were celebrating having heard of the teams. They haven't heard of Connecticut, that's why we weren't mentioned. They know there is a team in Philly, but don't know its name; and think the school in Orlando is called Mickey Mouse U. Boy, will they be surprised when they play Tulsa and Tulane.
Forget UConn I think those disgruntled ECU fan's will be shocked by "lowly" Temple's FB team...I think they greatly underestimate the strength of AAC FB as do many uninformed southern and western fan's yet overestimate themselves!?! I will give them credit though for having a rabid fanbase!

Reaction Score

or you could have blown a quarter of a million dollars by sending them to Syracuse...

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I couldn't believe the disparity! Do your stated costs at the Texas schools include everything or just tuition? I just checked, and tuition at UCONN is about $10k, student fees $3k, Housing $7k, Meal plan $5k.
Also of note. Tuition in-state is $10k, out of state $30k, and New England Regional $17k. New England's University!
The numbers I referenced are only the full year tuition costs at UT Austin and TA&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom