Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Lagunitas
Loose Cannon
Dog Fish Ale 60 min only
10 Penny

In this order. Hopefully, you like hoppy IPA's because these are the best

Reaction Score
I can't overemphasize my endorsement of Cigar City Jai Alai IPA over some of the others being mentioned here. The stuff is awesome. Find some.

Reaction Score
Harp is my favorite. Always has been.

When it gets cold it is supplemented with a bourbon that I select for that year.

This years bourbon is TBD.

Reaction Score
I live in Raleigh, where we have a huge craft beer scene. We're going to hit 100 breweries in the state sometime in the next year.

I'm happy to see CT's beer scene coming along quite nicely. If you haven't been to Relic Brewing, you should really check it out. It's a small operation run by Mark Sigman.

And if you are near Stratford, go and check out Two Roads Brewing. Their facility is HUGE, but they are designed to be a contact brewery as well. Their tap room is awesome and you can watch the whole operation from there.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Leigenkrugels? That stuff is horrid dish-soap-tasting lemony crap. YUCK.
Leinenkugels. I really like just about anything else the make EXCEPT the Shandy (well and their Honey Weiss)... and it's their most widely consumed/available beer. There really is no accounting for taste.

Reaction Score
Two new good Connecticut beers to try from Stony Creek Beer Company in Branford:
203 and 860 IPA
203 Lager

My brother-in-law started the beer company last year. My tailgate will obviously have both of these all season. Check them out.
http://stonycreekbeer.com/
Available likely in a package store near you.

Reaction Score
Looking for some new beers to try out this fall for tailgaiting.

Normally go with Shipyard Pumpkinhead, then when i'm feeling it switch over to mass drink Bud Light.

Any reccomendations?

The next UConn/USF game in Tampa (next year), I'll buy you a Tampa Bay Brewing IPA. (Good beer, here.).

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Harp is my favorite. Always has been.

When it gets cold it is supplemented with a bourbon that I select for that year.

This years bourbon is TBD.

I've been really enjoying Four Roses Small Batch lately.

Reaction Score
I can't overemphasize my endorsement of Cigar City Jai Alai IPA over some of the others being mentioned here. The stuff is awesome. Find some.
Is this really a beer?

Reaction Score
OK, time for me to respond to one of my favorite topics.

Best beer I ever tried... it gets an 11 = Hill Farmstead Earl

Next in line
- Lagunitas A Little Sumpin Sumpin
- Lagunitas Sucks
- Founders All Day IPA
- Founders Breakfast Stout
- Stone Ruination IPA

Like Led Zeppelin songs, my favorites can change on a weekly basis, but that is what I love about the craft beer movement.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fat Tire, a beer that anyone who's drank a few on the west coast knows about, is showing up more along the east coast. A friend said they opened up another brewery in the Carolinas.

I've had a few and enjoy them. I don't go out of my way to find it (although my sister in law does). Interesting that it's only available in liquor stores or in bar/restaurants in the 22 ounce bottle. None on tap and no 6 or 12 packs yet.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130814...Beer-garden-Fat-Tire-finally-here-worthy-hype

Balance and approachability are the beer’s hallmarks. This auburn brew sports a bright white head that fades kind of quickly but leaves nice lacing behind in the glass. Scents are bready and sweet; honey-glazed biscuit, wet grain, caramel and a hint of herbal hops. Speaking of, the Willamette, Goldings and Target hops all do their job here, keeping the beer’s sweet and earthy notes up front with minimal bitterness, allowing the malt to be the centerpiece. It finishes light and crisp while the 5.2 percent alcohol by volume maintains a session quality.

Reaction Score
IPA's now give me a hangover even after one, but when I did drink them I always liked DFH90 more than the 60. I thought it was better balanced. Heck, even the 120 was not horrible even though it is over 20% alcohol. Not exactly a session beer.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Now this is something I have to chime in on. Shipyard pumpkinhead... Sure the are better microbrews but like the first cool autumn day will always remind me of soccer season... Pumpkinhead will always get me pumped up about football season... And its damn good.
Pumpkinhead is kick ass just had it

Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions, Keep them coming.

Have rolled through Laugunitas Pale Ale, Dog Fish Head 60 min IPA, and Nurse six packs this past week.

Two new good Connecticut beers to try from Stony Creek Beer Company in Branford:
203 and 860 IPA
203 Lager

My brother-in-law started the beer company last year. My tailgate will obviously have both of these all season. Check them out.
http://stonycreekbeer.com/
Available likely in a package store near you.

Plan on checking this out when i stop at the package store today. Interested in the lager, last time I went they only had the IPA's in stock!

Reaction Score
U guys are on a different planet with all these types of beers.. I thought an ice cold long neck Corona was OK.. or a Samuel Adams, but geesh, I'm definitely a lightweight...

Reaction Score
To kick off the football season just ordered a 1/4 o stell artois for the kegerator It comes in next week and holding out until the thirtieth is going to take some serious willpower

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
A
U guys are on a different planet with all these types of beers.. I thought an ice cold long neck Corona was OK.. or a Samuel Adams, but geesh, I'm definitely a lightweight...
Ah your one of us bro no matter the beer

Reaction Score
Heady Topper by the Alchemist (VT)
Relic's Queen Anne's Revenge and One Foot in the Grave (CT)
NEB Neighbor of the Beast and Gandhi Bot (CT)
Bear Republic's Racer 5 (CA)
Fluffy White Rabbits by Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project (MA)
Bell's Oberon (MI)
Great Divide's Chocolate Oak Age Yeti (CO)

And I agree Hill Farmstead is fantastic but have only had the Edward and Society & Solitude #5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom