Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been brought up in the thread, but I’m going deeeeep down the hazy ipa trail. Unfortunately I live in Los Angeles. Any west coast brewers making stuff that might be comparable to the tree houses and trilliums back east?
Monkish here is good and they do a lot of collabs with Other Half out of NYC

In addition to Monkish, I've heard great things about Modern Times.

Can you get Russian River beers, from Santa Rosa, down there? Pliny and Blind Pig are not necessarily hazy IPAs, but still damn good imo.

Naja's in Redondo Beach is one of my favorite beer bars on the planet. I had a couple cases in LA for a couple years and it got to the point where the regulars there knew me. Made a point of stopping in again when I brought my family out there on vacation. Awesome spot and great taps.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault is a brewer and part owner.
Highly recommend Ed’s place. Really nice. Went there last night. Full service and guest taps and has a menu and a pizza oven.
It isn’t a hole in the wall place.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the rec’s, guys. Will have to check out Najas next

So cool regarding Ed

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
The Mrs. has taken to IPAs and between the two of us, managing cans in and out of the house was becoming overwhelming. Daughter was giving me a ration for the environmental impact. So I built a keg cooler/tap.

I was going to use an under counter fridge that I figured I could get two 1/6 barrels into. But package stores are telling me craft brewers aren’t filling 1/6 logs because no one is having parties these days. So I joined a dorm fridge to an insulated box that can fit a half barrel.

Have the first one going. Counterweight Headway. Awesome on tap. Such a pillowy mouth feel. I would be interested in suggestions for other varieties, especially if people had an inside track on local breweries offering half barrels that were recently kegged.

Reaction Score
The Mrs. has taken to IPAs and between the two of us, managing cans in and out of the house was becoming overwhelming. Daughter was giving me a ration for the environmental impact. So I built a keg cooler/tap.

I was going to use an under counter fridge that I figured I could get two 1/6 barrels into. But package stores are telling me craft brewers aren’t filling 1/6 logs because no one is having parties these days. So I joined a dorm fridge to an insulated box that can fit a half barrel.

Have the first one going. Counterweight Headway. Awesome on tap. Such a pillowy mouth feel. I would be interested in suggestions for other varieties, especially if people had an inside track on local breweries offering half barrels that were recently kegged.
If you don't want to get kegs all the time you could always get growlers so you can enjoy more variety. That's environmentally friendly. Most breweries will fill growlers although then you need to visit the brewery to do that. Probably nothing you don't already know. I just couldn't imagine getting kegs all the time. I like beer but it would take me forever to get through a keg.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
If you don't want to get kegs all the time you could always get growlers so you can enjoy more variety. That's environmentally friendly. Most breweries will fill growlers although then you need to visit the brewery to do that. Probably nothing you don't already know. I just couldn't imagine getting kegs all the time. I like beer but it would take me forever to get through a keg.

Growler fills would take a lot of time and gas money. I live in the brewery black hole known as Storrs, CT.

Two beer drinkers in the house. We wIll drain a half barrel in about a month.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Or, he could fill growlers for others from his half keg!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Two beer drinkers in the house. We wIll drain a half barrel in about a month.

Your neighbors are all watching you bring kegs into the house while wondering why they're never invited to your parties.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did some leaf blowing and clean up. Now time to get rid of some summer beers on a warm fall day.

547D01FA-63EC-4144-AFD2-A815A0867068.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been brought up in the thread, but I’m going deeeeep down the hazy ipa trail. Unfortunately I live in Los Angeles. Any west coast brewers making stuff that might be comparable to the tree houses and trilliums back east?

I live in Berkeley, but I just picked up a four pack of Revision's (Reno, NV) Reno as ####, Hazy DIPA:

I'm not a huge hazy drinker, but it's really tasty. 8.4% to boot.

Not sure if you can find it in LA- I've only seen it at one local store up here.

Reaction Score
Bottle Logic in Anaheim kills it too!

Reaction Score
Did some leaf blowing and clean up. Now time to get rid of some summer beers on a warm fall day.

View attachment 60933
I liked some of those Daily Servings, was surprised that my wife didn't. in the current must buy a 4 pack environment I didn't like any enough to keep ordering..
About halfway thru a case of Trillium's, in ascending order:
Heavy Mettle - decent double but was disappointed that it wasn't more flavorful
Almond Crunch Stout - I'm yet to find a craft beer stout that I enjoy more than a Guinness, even though they are all way more flavorful and wayyyyyy more alcoholic
Launch Beer - Good basic pale ale, good value comparatively to Trillium
Rising Hope - Excellent medium bodied IPA, can't beat the charity contribution (100% of proceeds to national pediatric cancer foundation) a must order when available
Deciduous - I'm a sucker for the leaf motif and have one after every weekend fall cleanup
Dot Ave - Unquestionably the best of the bunch, cloudy super flavorful IPA - I rated 4.5/5 on Untapped. Will be getting more next time. Having one right now, just delicious.

Reaction Score
I liked some of those Daily Servings, was surprised that my wife didn't. in the current must buy a 4 pack environment I didn't like any enough to keep ordering..
About halfway thru a case of Trillium's, in ascending order:
Heavy Mettle - decent double but was disappointed that it wasn't more flavorful
Almond Crunch Stout - I'm yet to find a craft beer stout that I enjoy more than a Guinness, even though they are all way more flavorful and wayyyyyy more alcoholic
Launch Beer - Good basic pale ale, good value comparatively to Trillium
Rising Hope - Excellent medium bodied IPA, can't beat the charity contribution (100% of proceeds to national pediatric cancer foundation) a must order when available
Deciduous - I'm a sucker for the leaf motif and have one after every weekend fall cleanup
Dot Ave - Unquestionably the best of the bunch, cloudy super flavorful IPA - I rated 4.5/5 on Untapped. Will be getting more next time. Having one right now, just delicious.
I've had all those except the Almond Crunch Stout. From the looks of that list I think you've been to Trillium recently. Did you get any Super Street Shark? I thought that one was better than all of the above.

Reaction Score
I've had all those except the Almond Crunch Stout. From the looks of that list I think you've been to Trillium recently. Did you get any Super Street Shark? I thought that one was better than all of the above.
Crap, I was in the middle of ordering 2 weeks ago, got delayed by work and Shark sold out. Looks like it’s gone now, but two new interesting offerings.
The almond crunch is a good dessert beer, had one on Halloween and 2nd tonight. I like it better than the coffee type stouts.

Reaction Score
KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge is excellent. Not as sweet as CBS. Personally not a fan of the Espresso.

Also been drinking a lot of Prairie Bourbon Paradise lately. Fantastic beer, but not cheap.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alright, let's hear everyone's favorite bourbon barrel aged beers. I've had Backwoods Bastard a bunch and it's one of my favorite winter beers. What else is good?

Reaction Score
Alright, let's hear everyone's favorite bourbon barrel aged beers. I've had Backwoods Bastard a bunch and it's one of my favorite winter beers. What else is good?
Dogfish Head’s Palo Santo Marron is really good.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I like Bourbon, I like Beer, but I can't do them together.

I love beer, but bourbon on its own is a little much for me. I've never been someone that is really into drinking straight liquor. Put them together though, and it's really good, especially on a cold day.

Reaction Score
Took the day off. Getting beer at Treehouse. I’m not alone. Been here ten minutes to get to this point View attachment 61253
Looks like you're not that far off Rt. 20. That's about a 45 minute wait you got there. When they open the new breweries in Sandwich and Deerfield I wonder if that will seriously decrease the waiting times. Hope so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom