Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Supernaut on at Prime. Tedeschi Trucks Band at College Street Music Hall. Life is good.

Reaction Score
Supernaut on at Prime. Tedeschi Trucks Band at College Street Music Hall. Life is good.
Holy crap how did I miss this gig? Have seen TTB twice and they are spectacular. Enjoy!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holy crap how did I miss this gig? Have seen TTB twice and they are spectacular. Enjoy!!
Thanks. Yes they are. They never disappoint and last night was no exception. They are in Providence tonight.

As for the beer, yet another great new one from Kent Falls was on, too: Sweatpants Pale Ale. Same recipe as their Waymaker Brett IPA, but with clean ale yeast instead of Brett. Very hoppy. Awesome.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been frequenting Steady Habit in Haddam lately. Their Method IPA has been killing it. Also love the Geek Nip DIPA.

Thanks for the h/t. I happened to be in the area yesterday and stopped by. They didn't have Method so I picked up the Coalesce DIPA. Very good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
On my way out the door I stole an SOS from my nephew. This was Friday night. May get to it tonight. Will be my first.

Reaction Score
I'm in very southern Vermont, very good beer in northern VT but where can I go (assume it is somewhere in Mass) to get these beers you guys describe? Like Jack's Abbey and Sea Hag, Tree House, Julius etc? I do go back home to New Haven area now & then. Looking for can/bottles in 4-packs or 6-packs.

Reaction Score
I'm in very southern Vermont, very good beer in northern VT but where can I go (assume it is somewhere in Mass) to get these beers you guys describe? Like Jack's Abbey and Sea Hag, Tree House, Julius etc? I do go back home to New Haven area now & then. Looking for can/bottles in 4-packs or 6-packs.
To get Tree House who makes Julius you have to go to the brewery in Monson MA. Sea Haget and a few things from Jack's Abbey are regularly available at most package stores.

Reaction Score

Coastal in Branford always seems to have SeaHag.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jack's Abbey is out of Mass, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding that at just about any package store. NEBCO is from CT so not sure if they distribute up there. Sea Hag is pretty easy to find here in CT though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
While out looking for SOS or Sea Hag this weekend (only found Sea Hag at Hammonassett Packy) I noticed a ton of SweetWater Brewing product. They're out of GA.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Picked up a few gems from the store: Enjoy By 12/25/15 by Stone, which is a Double IPA. The "Enjoy By" beers by Stone are usually very good, this was no exception. I also saw Death By Coconut by Oskar Blues. It was $14 for a four pack of 12oz cans, which is a little nuts...luckily he was selling singles, so I picked one up because I've heard it's very good. It's a stout with coconut, sounds like a good combination. I'll probably drink that one tonight during the game.

Reaction Score
So did anyone else get to Tree House last weekend? King Julius was incredible and well worth the drive.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
yeah this happened went down from left to right

aizVItW.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
yeah this happened went down from left to right

aizVItW.jpg

How is the Rico Suave? My manager was telling me about it the other day. He bought it just because of the can art.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm in Freeport today and will be hitting Maine Beer and Bissel Brothers this afternoon. Pretty much because of this thread. Should I bother with Allegash?

August_West

Reaction Score
How is the Rico Suave? My manager was telling me about it the other day. He bought it just because of the can art.
Its very good, excellent if real forward fruity hops are your thing.

August_West

Reaction Score
August_West said:
Its very good, excellent if real forward fruity hops are your thing.

But Dinner is the winner

Winner winner dipa dinner :)

August_West

Reaction Score
Rico444 said:

Oh and post/handle obviously

Reaction Score
I'm in Freeport today and will be hitting Maine Beer and Bissel Brothers this afternoon. Pretty much because of this thread. Should I bother with Allegash?

Allagash is worth it because you get a free sample flight. You can take the tour if you'd like too.

Next to Bissell Brothers is Foundation- try Epiphany if they have it. Austin Street brewing is also right around back and also has some good brews. If you're looking to grab a bite while in Portland stop at Duck Fat- incredible panini's and duck fat fries/poutine.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Aug...is that a Goose Island Bourbon brew on the far right?

I have 2 Sea Hag 6s in the basement fridge. Also, Lawson's Super Session Ale which, to me, tastes just like Two Road's Lil' Heaven but pricier (and brewed in same building!). Also just put in some Oskar Blues Mamas Little Yella Pils.

Can't find Captain's Daughter or SOS anywhere yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom