So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Confirmed...my fave NEIPA I have ever drinkded. From Belleflower in Portland, ME. Only one left.
20230904_135351~2.jpg

Reaction Score
Treehouse just isn’t missing on any of their beers. Well oiled machine. This new DIPA, with NZ and Aussie hops, delivers tropical fruitiness, a nice bitter bite and a creamy, medium body. View attachment 90994
I was gifted a can of Treehouse Julius today at a friend's cookout. I'm not really a beer guy, but I'm excited to try this next weekend.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The coming of fall is a mixed blessing for me - I loathe everything pumpkin spice. I find the smell atrocious.

But it's also Marzen season. It's a style I think the Germans still do better than micros in US, although Great Lakes makes a nice one (I'm sure you CT/MA guys will throw out Brisk or Whisper, and maybe they're better, but my how much more than a six of Hacker-Pschorr that I can grab for under $10?). Having my first of the season right now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The coming of fall is a mixed blessing for me - I loathe everything pumpkin spice. I find the smell atrocious.

But it's also Marzen season. It's a style I think the Germans still do better than micros in US, although Great Lakes makes a nice one (I'm sure you CT/MA guys will throw out Brisk or Whisper, and maybe they're better, but my how much more than a six of Hacker-Pschorr that I can grab for under $10?). Having my first of the season right now.
My New England go to for those is Jacks Abby, which is also priced affordably. I like some Marzens more than others to be sure.

Reaction Score
Anyone been to Caius Farm brewing in Branford? Looks solid on IG
I have not been there but just checked out their website. What a wide array of beers on tap. Lots of German influence most likely from his brewing studies in Munich.

Only one IPA and only one Imperial IPA. They're going to go out of business!

Reaction Score
Anyone been to Caius Farm brewing in Branford? Looks solid on IG
I have not been. I know many people in the craft beer scene in CT who have visited. Universally, I have heard:

• Great vibe and comfortable spot
  • Solid, but not spectacular beers, both traditional styles and the few IPAs he brews.
  • Dude must have majored in the classics, based on his Instagram posts and the names of his beers.

@Dove could probably provide some color. He just raved about his IPA on Instagram an hour ago.

Reaction Score
I have not been. I know many people in the craft beer scene in CT who have visited. Universally, I have heard:

• Great vibe and comfortable spot
  • Solid, but not spectacular beers, both traditional styles and the few IPAs he brews.
  • Dude must have majored in the classics, based on his Instagram posts and the names of his beers.

@Dove could probably provide some color. He just raved about his IPA on Instagram an hour ago.
Yeah looked like a great spot to go, glad to hear the beer is serviceable

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'll just say this...the brewskis I have had there are excellent. Pictured here is an American Pale Ale with mosaic and citra. So damned good...
20230921_160829~2.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have not been there but just checked out their website. What a wide array of beers on tap. Lots of German influence most likely from his brewing studies in Munich.

Only one IPA and only one Imperial IPA. They're going to go out of business!
They're gearing up for their OktoberFest brews.

Reaction Score
Counter weight in Cheshire has some solid Oktoberfest stuff going on, but especially their weissbier. Tastes exactly like a weissbier you’d get at a Biergarten in Munich

And they do liter steins if you ask

Reaction Score
I am having some stupid thoughts of doing travel during a government shutdown. Updating my CT targets (my real preferred trip is a multicity swing through the lower-midwest DC-Louisville-STL-KC-STL-IND-CIN-DC).

So I've been to Aspetuck, Two Roads, Black Hog, NEBCO, Relic, and Paddle Creek out of those that still exist.

I have pencils on Tox, Fox Farm, Counter Weight, and Beer'd. My map I have pencils on a couple of Manchester CT locations but anything on that I-84 plan has always been preferable as I'm targeting North Central Mass usually. Sometimes I pick up random places and they turn out good (Paddle Creek I really liked)

----

I keep penciling in trip ideas. New England I still havent done any real time in Western MA, Vermont, and Rhode Island and then there's one offs I haven't gotten to like Schilling in northern NH and Lamplighter in Cambridge. I want to do extended weekend trips to Greensboro/Winston Salem, Charlotte, and Asheville as separate trips. Then there's return visits into Central Pennsylvania, I ought to do Pittsburgh but nothing inspires me, and then there's a return trip to Roanoke and points further down. Still some trips are more elusive than others. i also want to sketch out an upper midwest plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom