Beer | Page 238 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had a case in Danbury for a few years and I worked in a trip to DeCiccio’s in Brewster the first couple times I had to go to court. This was after years of hearing my friends rave about their beer selection, so I figured I would check out their cider selection.

I spent more than $300 each time, and then I forbade myself from stopping there.
Since you are a cider guy have you tried this? It’s delicious and, for a twist, add a bit of smoky mezcal and it’s amazing.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I’m warning you. It’s like no other supermarket beer section you’ve ever seen. And… 16 tap lines upstairs, pouring fresh, amazing beer. Dangerous grocery store!!!!
On my las work trip (2020) to Austin, I didn’t feel like restaurant food so stopped at the Whole Foods near my hotel. Stumbled upon this in the middle of the store. Sadly I haven’t been back because I’d go there regularly.

6F30B069-F48D-4D61-A831-A4915BA8A890.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Since you are a cider guy have you tried this? It’s delicious and, for a twist, add a bot of smoky mezcal and it’s amazing.

No, I’ve never seen it before, but will definitely grab it if I see it. I love that combo.

When we were in Burlington in February we went to Citizen, which now makes a special “Pine St. Cellar Series” sold only on the premises. I brought home several four-packs of their Habanero cider, which is now sadly all gone. Wish I had thought to add some mezcal to it!

Reaction Score
On my las work trip (2020) to Austin, I didn’t feel like restaurant food so stopped at the Whole Foods near my hotel. Stumbled upon this in the middle of the store. Sadly I haven’t been back because I’d go there regularly.

View attachment 76104
Looks similar to the bar in the Whole Foods in suburban Charleston, SC. I have to be in Austin end of July for a client. Five days in town. Aside from visiting Jester King, I think I know where I’m going to do some “food shopping”.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Looks similar to the bar in the Whole Foods in suburban Charleston, SC. I have to be in Austin end of July for a client. Five days in town. Aside from visiting Jester King, I think I know where I’m going to do some “food shopping”.
This is the one at The Domain Northside. Hops & Grain was the best IPA brewery I tried in Austin but it closed during the pandemic. Sours, stouts and pale layers seem to dominate down there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Speaking of Austin beer, do you guys remember Pierre Celis, the famed Belgian brewer who popularized the “wit” style and then started Celis brewery in Austin and was cranking out some great, unique “White” beers back in the day?

I wondered what became of him and just googled to see that the brewery floundered after being purchased by Miller in 1995 and was shuttered in 2000. It was a shorter run than I remembered before they were purchased by Miller, but we were crazy about his beers for a time.

Then Pierre died in 2011 and his daughter resurrected it in 2017, with the original yeast strain, and then declared bankruptcy in 2019 for being over-leveraged, but remains open.

I would be curious to taste it again.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Austin beer, do you guys remember Pierre Celis, the famed Belgian brewer who popularized the “wit” style and then started Celis brewery in Austin and was cranking out some great, unique “White” beers back in the day?

I wondered what became of him and just googled to see that the brewery floundered after being purchased by Miller in 1995 and was shuttered in 2000. It was a shorter run than I remembered before they were purchased by Miller, but we were crazy about his beers for a time.

Then Pierre died in 2011 and his daughter resurrected it in 2017, with the original yeast strain, and then declared bankruptcy in 2019 for being over-leveraged, but remains open.

I would be curious to taste it again.
Wow. That’s a blast from the past. I used to love Celis White back in the ‘90s. Always with an orange slice on the rim. Completely forgot the Austin origin.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

View attachment 76104
The WF 5 mins from my house has about half as many taps, but they still haven't reopened the cafe. Been over 2 years now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow. That’s a blast from the past. I used to love Celis White back in the ‘90s. Always with an orange slice on the rim. Completely forgot the Austin origin.
You knew someone was going to make a mint popularizing that style; turns out it was Blue Moon, which also ended up with Miller via Coors.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You knew someone was going to make a mint popularizing that style; turns out it was Blue Moon, which also ended up with Miller via Coors.
I was first introduced to Wit in the Munich airport on a layover. It was early morning. And there were some folks at one of the bars drinking this cloudy thing with a lemon in it. I asked the bartender what it was. He said, "Breakfast beer."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was first introduced to Wit in the Munich airport on a layover. It was early morning. And there were some folks at one of the bars drinking this cloudy thing with a lemon in it. I asked the bartender what it was. He said, "Breakfast beer."
I loved the Paulaner Wiesse beer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And the best of them made in this country is still Allagash White. When all I have are macro taps, Blue Moon is often the best option. It’s funny wheat beers aren’t more popular. When I was in law school, we drank loads of Boulevard Wheat, which was their top selling beer. Kind of a gateway to craft beer I suppose.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This guy appears at a local package store once every two or three Septembers and I buy them out when I see them A one liter can and an Oktoberfest (dimpled) mug that holds the full liter. Wash, rinse and freeze the mug, put the can in the fridge and it comes out perfect.

One aside: a coworker close to my age once joked about how as a teenager he and his buddies would buy 40 ouncers (malt liquor). I told him "this is the closest I ever came to drinking a 40 oz".
1651450670292.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Final beer selection going south tomorrow.

CW Headway
Alchemist Focal Banger
Marlowe The Way I See It
Marlowe Replacing Memories

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mid-afternoon liquid lunch. With a few wings.

Berkshire Brewing Coffeehouse Porter for me.
East Hartford Brewing Ten Penny Ale for the old man. Both were perfectly met. Nothing offensive, nothing outstanding. Given a choice in the future I'd take the Tenny Penny Ale.
20220502_142645.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score

East Hartford Brewing Ten Penny Ale for the old man. Both were perfectly met. Nothing offensive, nothing outstanding. Given a choice in the future I'd take the Tenny Penny Ale. View attachment 76144
I take it you meant perfectly "meh," which is what I would expect.

But every beer with the old man is priceless.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Dude crushed a PBR 16 Oz can for round #2.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

East Hartford Brewing Ten Penny Ale for the old man. Both were perfectly met. Nothing offensive, nothing outstanding. Given a choice in the future I'd take the Tenny Penny Ale. View attachment 76144
I believe the new trendy word the kids use is "mid". Every beer I've had from Berkshire Brewing has been "mid". Maybe you aren't supposed to use quotes. I'm new at this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I believe the new trendy word the kids use is "mid". Every beer I've had from Berkshire Brewing has been "mid". Maybe you aren't supposed to use quotes. I'm new at this.

Lol. Damn autocorrect for the win again.

Yes, "meh". Screw them young kids and their "mid". They already robbed me of the pound sign and turned it in to hashtag.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't know if this sounds terrible or wonderful. "We took a fresh batch of our new American IPA, Inhopnito, and added in 20lbs of fresh Jalapeños and pineapple purée. It’s a refreshing brew with a bite, medium body and bitterness, yet high in aroma and flavor. ABV 6.2%" But since it's Berkshire, meh is more likely.

279421181_4003292789796023_4691224735825033450_n.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom